• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Inactive Towns

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In the past, the justification for not manually removing towns like staff have done in the past is that the town system has, most literally, become automatized. However, I do not think that this should apply in all circumstances. Some towns with past riches and money in the bank are spared and simply take up space. For example, I know for a fact I have not seen anyone from "Cesko" on since the first week of the map (nor did I really know any of them there in the first place).

There needs to be a rule to have a town playerbase with AT LEAST (bare minimum) 5 members that are on every week. I'd prefer this number to be higher, but I seek compromise here.

Towns that fit the bill to remove: SkyFall, Anchorhead, Durotar, Eclipse, and Gravcok.

We need evolution in our town system, not stagnancy. If you're not in agreement, then the town cap must be raised.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Raubtier lost their regions on Monday as an FYI. =P

I agree with this however, there should be a chance for new towns to prosper and take the place of old inactive town.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Raubtier lost their regions on Monday as an FYI. =P

I agree with this however, there should be a chance for new towns to prosper and take the place of old inactive town.
Finally found a use for informative. The cycle should be facilitated, not stunted.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
In the past, the justification for not manually removing towns like staff have done in the past is that the town system has, most literally, become automatized. However, I do not think that this should apply in all circumstances. Some towns with past riches and money in the bank are spared and simply take up space. For example, I know for a fact I have not seen anyone from "Cesko" on since the first week of the map (nor did I really know any of them there in the first place).

There needs to be a rule to have a town playerbase with AT LEAST (bare minimum) 5 members that are on every other day. I'd prefer this number to be higher, but I seek compromise here.

Towns that fit the bill to remove: Cesko, Axiom, SkyFall, Raubtier, and Gravcock.
Towns on the cusp: Retrium, Threshold (just a little bit), and Caitiffton.

We need evolution in our town system, not stagnancy. If you're not in agreement, raise the damn town cap then.

I agree with the sentiment, but every other day might be a bit harsh, once a week is more in line with the 4 weeks of missing taxes

A

alexhoff1

There needs to be a rule to have a town playerbase with AT LEAST (bare minimum) 5 members that are on every other day. I'd prefer this number to be higher, but I seek compromise here.

Towns that fit the bill to remove: Cesko, Axiom, SkyFall, Raubtier, and Gravcock.
Towns on the cusp: Retrium, Threshold (just a little bit), and Caitiffton.

We need evolution in our town system, not stagnancy. If you're not in agreement, raise the damn town cap then.

you shouldn't be whining about inactive towns.

You listed pretty much every town that has people you don't like, or is a town trying to rebuild but not easy as one two three I have 30 members!

Threshold isnt even minorly inactive
caitiffton was made last week...

Why not alicubi, they have no1 active.
Why not genesis, they are quite inactive now.
And why not durotar? they are also inactive, and have not a lot of people anymore.

Just saying, atleast most of the towns you listed have people who pay taxes, and are trying to rebuild.
I've already asked for kingdoms for gravkoc to be in, you mispelled the name btw, and nobody has even truly offered.
Skyfall is it's own little town, after the mayor quit the town and a new one can't be made no major decisions can be made regarding the town.
Cesko has 3 actives.
Raubtier lost regions.
Axiom has a few actives, though it probably should have been removed, but they do pay taxes.
The other three are hyperactive,
You also forgot towns like anchorage or whatever, I haven't seen one member since it was made tbh.

So please, don't try to obtain loot for yourselves because you make a suggestion. That's not even remotely a good suggestion if that is the theme of this.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Just an FYI on our town, Retrium.
We are not currently recruiting, nor going to until we have a medium town, and all we need are the coin to do it. We have active members, around 6-8 of them but in completely different timezones. We have not set up our overcity, because we simply do not have the room to do so, until we become a medium town.

Also you must take into consideration that it is christmas and people tend to be on holidays or spend it with their family, rather than on a game. Most of our members have their own families, have children and must spend time with them on christmas.

We also have 2 proctors, a coder and just generally awesome people in the town, who have many other responsibilities. Once we become a medium town (which will be in a few weeks), we will start the process of recruiting, building our overcity (which shouldn't take too long) and become much well known. Right now we are in a neutral state, and if you see how much work we have done for our size, I think you would be taking it back. All we are doing is setting up for a later date, and only taking in people that we fully trust and are the maturest players on the server, since it's near impossible for anyone else to get in at the moment.

Let it be known that we are not an in-your-face town. We mostly keep to ourselves and have done an enormous amount of work. We were only created a few weeks ago, so please, stop moaning about us.

We are sorry for not having active people, it does take a bit to get the materials for a medium town with such a small town member list, but we think that it is crucial that we continue with the plan. We are active - we are doing shit - we are Retrium.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
leftovers5 - If you cannot use the town's proper name, do not use it at all.

Danda - Could you please correct the name "Gravkoc". For some reason I cannot edit the post. Thanks <3
Edited, I didn't even recognize that, I'm so sorry that was completely unintentional bahahah. That's how I spell it in my mind as well as how I pronounce it, so that's probably why I spelled it like that.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
you shouldn't be whining about inactive towns.

You listed pretty much every town that has people you don't like, or is a town trying to rebuild but not easy as one two three I have 30 members!

Threshold isnt even minorly inactive
caitiffton was made last week...

Why not alicubi, they have no1 active.
Why not genesis, they are quite inactive now.
And why not durotar? they are also inactive, and have not a lot of people anymore.

Just saying, atleast most of the towns you listed have people who pay taxes, and are trying to rebuild.
I've already asked for kingdoms for gravkoc to be in, you mispelled the name btw, and nobody has even truly offered.
Skyfall is it's own little town, after the mayor quit the town and a new one can't be made no major decisions can be made regarding the town.
Cesko has 3 actives.
Raubtier lost regions.
Axiom has a few actives, though it probably should have been removed, but they do pay taxes.
The other three are hyperactive,
You also forgot towns like anchorage or whatever, I haven't seen one member since it was made tbh.

So please, don't try to obtain loot for yourselves because you make a suggestion. That's not even remotely a good suggestion if that is the theme of this.
The theme is that Oakenshire has been asking for township status for the past 2 weeks and nobody is doing anything about it. Licksterboy

I see people online from Genesis and Alicubi everyday, as well as Durotar if it keeps it going. I couldn't give a rat's ass about loot, I know you do, though.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Just an FYI on our town, Retrium.
We are not currently recruiting, nor going to until we have a medium town, and all we need are the coin to do it. We have active members, around 6-8 of them but in completely different timezones. We have not set up our overcity, because we simply do not have the room to do so, until we become a medium town.

Also you must take into consideration that it is christmas and people tend to be on holidays or spend it with their family, rather than on a game. Most of our members have their own families, have children and must spend time with them on christmas.

We also have 2 proctors, a coder and just generally awesome people in the town, who have many other responsibilities. Once we become a medium town (which will be in a few weeks), we will start the process of recruiting, building our overcity (which shouldn't take too long) and become much well known. Right now we are in a neutral state, and if you see how much work we have done for our size, I think you would be taking it back. All we are doing is setting up for a later date, and only taking in people that we fully trust and are the maturest players on the server, since it's near impossible for anyone else to get in at the moment.

Let it be known that we are not an in-your-face town. We mostly keep to ourselves and have done an enormous amount of work. We were only created a few weeks ago, so please, stop moaning about us.

We are sorry for not having active people, it does take a bit to get the materials for a medium town with such a small town member list, but we think that it is crucial that we continue with the plan. We are active - we are doing shit - we are Retrium.
Removed from the list, again this is all taken from my perspective and I try to keep and eye out for other active community members. Didn't even know you were in Retrium! My apoligies.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Removed from the list, again this is all taken from my perspective and I try to keep and eye out for other active community members. Didn't even know you were in Retrium!
As I said, we tend to keep to ourselves, but when something like this pulls us forward, I had to speak up as I had no clue that is what people thought of us, an inactive town with little cares for the wantings of new towns. As I said, we do have most of our members away spending time with their families at the moment. Our leader timtim is a proctor, our SiC is a coder and our TiC is me, another proctor, so we do get caught up a bit with other duties. I apologize for this, but we are active.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
As I said, we tend to keep to ourselves, but when something like this pulls us forward, I had to speak up as I had no clue that is what people thought of us, an inactive town with little cares for the wantings of new towns. As I said, we do have most of our members away spending time with their families at the moment. Our leader timtim is a proctor, our SiC is a coder and our TiC is me, another proctor, so we do get caught up a bit with other duties. I apologize for this, but we are active.
It's fine, I appreciate that you rose to the defense of Retrium as well.

A

alexhoff1

It's fine, I appreciate that you rose to the defense of Retrium as well.

Interesting. You don't seem to care that I am defending my town, and my friends town though.

My points are still valid, I don't have a kingdom of like 200 players to move between towns to keep them "active"

Also, Gravkoc has multiple actives, just not as active as every other day due to us not playing "every other day"
Skyfall had it's mayor banned for a stupid reason, and is still paying taxes. What, it should loose regions because of a ban that is not even looked at?

The rest you don't see that much, but they are active. All I need to say is do more background research.
Genesis has 3 minorly actives, that do anything. Admittedly they have 3-4 day to day log in vote guys,
Durotar has it's mayor active, but other than that it seems to be scratching by on taxes. During the 120 player event, I saw one or two durotar, Skyfall had more than that.

Also, you bashed on my town. Don't expect me not to argue with you.
I could also point out, I don't loot my own town unless the player quit. Duh. So how do I care about loot in this situation?

EDITS:
On a side note: you're still mad because your arrows bounced off me, which makes you dislike and facepalm my posts negating your suggestion, and unless I am mistaken have probably tried to report it by now. If not you, than someone else did. (Dsawemd for posting about the bug with arrows, and DoT's.)

Oakenshire has been asking for regions for 8 days now, not two weeks.

There's one town vying for township, maybe more that aren't on forums, but yet you seem to want 8 towns removed, all of which pay the same if not more taxes than other towns, and out of only a few's pockets.

EDITS x2:

Just because a town doesn't have 5 active players, by your definition, what does that matter? We simply have no recruits because there are very few to go between, and most larger kingdoms recruit them out. Also towns have been region abused, and we are very strict on who we trust with perms now, so obviously no x-enemies. (which accounts for most of the server)

And finally, our towns aren't putting there name out there as much as yours, does not mean we are inactive. I personally never see threshold recruit, and they have over 10 actives and many alliances, and a decentish town. So they should be wiped from the list if anything.

stop making me...
EDIT x3:
You removed some towns, so if mentioned this was before I noticed the change. I'm going off the original quote here.
You also changed it to "every week" which is a bit more fair, but still not possible if you barely have the five members. There are only a few towns that don't fit this bill, and gravkoc is not one of them. However, alicubi is. I don't even see a channel they have, much less any members online. like ever. Also, anchor something, if that's LO it should be included on the list for inactivity, that would be a more fair compromise than being "oh, it's LO I won't mention it's blatant inactivity.."
(members log in roughly once every 5 days, atleast 5-6 old ones.. we do have a lot of members.)

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, anchor something, if that's LO it should be included on the list for inactivity, that would be a more fair compromise than being "oh, it's LO I won't mention it's blatant inactivity.."
(members log in roughly once every 5 days, atleast 5-6 old ones.. we do have a lot of members.)

Anchor head is not LO, and never was. I guess Left just missed it.

The reason that it matters that a town has active members is because there's a town cap. It's not really fair that an inactive town can prevent a group of players from starting their own town.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
leftovers5: Thank you for tagging me!

I strongly agree with your idea of not only having towns pay tax but have a certain amount of residents log in over a period of time, and this is not just because some friends and I have been trying to start a town, its because of the amount of towns wanting to be made versus actual active towns is very high. If you type /town charter in game, there are over 15 towns waiting to be made, along with the ones on the forum. I would love to see something like this be implanted in game!

Alex: You seem to have negative feel about leftover's idea. You also fail to see that the towns he mentioned are only a select few.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
However, alicubi is. I don't even see a channel they have, much less any members online. like ever.
Maybe Alicubi doesnt bother getting a town channel as there is /townchat that doesnt need you to donate. Also, how do you know if there is a channel for them but just with other name? Umbra doesnt have a channel called "Umbra", yet they are somewhat active.