• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Blink

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Pretty straightforward suggestion. I know that there are lots of wizards that will hate this, but the reality is that I hear the skill blink mentioned ONLY in the context of exploits.

Reasons:
1. Wizards will not have to listen to players calling foul every time they gain access to an enemy town, even though it may have been completely legal.
2. Us muggles gain an obvious benefit - protection from an illegal and highly frustrating mode of entering towns.
3. Staff will not have to deal with what I can only imagine must be a large number or related pe's and complaints, most of which are probably unprovable and time consuming to investigate.

Thoughts?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
So remove a skill from and entire class simply because a small number of trashy individuals are using it to exploit? So we should remove the ability to break blocks to stop exploits, and also remove the ability to log in then out, too?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Pretty straightforward suggestion. I know that there are lots of wizards that will hate this, but the reality is that I hear the skill blink mentioned ONLY in the context of exploits.

Reasons:
1. Wizards will not have to listen to players calling foul every time they gain access to an enemy town, even though it may have been completely legal.
2. Us muggles gain an obvious benefit - protection from an illegal and highly frustrating mode of entering towns.
3. Staff will not have to deal with what I can only imagine must be a large number or related pe's and complaints, most of which are probably unprovable and time consuming to investigate.

Thoughts?
I'm personally against this as Blink is one of the most useful skills I have....
Without it I would get far fewer kills as I would not be able to position myself into areas inside towns that I would would only be accessible to a dragoon if the skill were to be removed. I have only been accused of blinking illegally once (which I disproved rather easily).

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
My favorite skill as well, but it's down to 7 blocks which makes it...kinda poopy now :p

Yeah the skill is slowly being buried.

1st iteration - 15 block range (no reagent)
2nd iteration - 10 block range (gunpowder needed)
3rd iteration (current) - 7 block range (5 redstone needed)

Seems like we are needing more and more mats for a less and less effective skill =/
Personally, I'd like to see a return to 15 block range with the old versions smoke trail, that way you can still be tracked by your opponent. 1 gunpowder as a reagent was not too bad.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah the skill is slowly being buried.

1st iteration - 15 block range (no reagent)
2nd iteration - 10 block range (gunpowder needed)
3rd iteration (current) - 7 block range (5 redstone needed)

Seems like we are needing more and more mats for a less and less effective skill =/
Personally, I'd like to see a return to 15 block range with the old versions smoke trail, that way you can still be tracked by your opponent. 1 gunpowder as a reagent was not too bad.

I totally agree with this.
5 redstone is too much. When going on an adventure a Wizard needs to bring 3-4 STACKS of redstone just to be sure they can blink as much as needed.
And 7 blocks just doesnt really get you anywhere any longer.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
The other thing I've assumed here is that all that can be done has been done to remove the exploit potential of blink without totally removing the skill. Obviously it would be far better if it could be tweaked so that blinking through 1x1 was no longer possible

@Barnubus isn't that what happened with dragoon charge? What I am trying to say is that we have a skill that has the potential to be used in ways not intended by kainzo/the coding team. That deserves some attention
@Danda out of curiosity, as a mod how would you investigate something like this? Is it purely the testimony of the players or are there logs that can prove a player blinked illegally?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
The other thing I've assumed here is that all that can be done has been done to remove the exploit potential of blink without totally removing the skill. Obviously it would be far better if it could be tweaked so that blinking through 1x1 was no longer possible

@Barnubus isn't that what happened with dragoon charge? What I am trying to say is that we have a skill that has the potential to be used in ways not intended by kainzo/the coding team. That deserves some attention
@Danda out of curiosity, as a mod how would you investigate something like this? Is it purely the testimony of the players or are there logs that can prove a player blinked illegally?

If charge was taken out for this reason then I disagree with it, too. The game should not be spoiled simply because some shitbags decide to ruin it for everyone else.
Don't punish a group of people because of what a small number do.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4

As a mod, I have not seen any reports of exploitation by blink in a Long Time. Also, blinking through 1x1 holes is not possible. Trust me, I have blinked more times than I care to admit.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
As a mod, I have not seen any reports of exploitation by blink in a Long Time. Also, blinking through 1x1 holes is not possible. Trust me, I have blinked more times than I care to admit.

I thought you could use enderpearls, at the same level when you get ''Blink'', to possibly go through 1x1 holes? I've asked many people, some say it is legal and some say it isn't...

Aetosion

Obsidian
Blinking is impossible through 1x1 holes, it's not possible to Blink exploit.

HOWEVER, I have heard of Wizards using enderpearls to get through small holes, I believe it was changed so that Wizards can use enderpearls in addition to Blink. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We ask the user to explain how they got in and if the accuser has any evidence and then move from there depending on the information we received.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
" 5 redstone is too much" <-- lol

Redstone is the most common block, aside from coal.
Ye that did make my chuckle a bit.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
The cost isn't too high, but the volume of items is. Meaning, I need to fill up 5 inventory spaces of 5 stacks of redstone.

Besides, I think stone and dirt are more common then coal and redstone :3

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty sure a wizard with blink can out run anyone but a bard/dragoon, even with the reduction in distance.