• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug PVP Arenas: Bug reports|suggestions

Help, bug report, dont know if this is right section, i am in rpg, whitelisted, and do not have permission to /col duel, /arena duel, or /bg duel please fix/help

Sunkrist

Wood
Hey so when ever i do a coliseum duel the other player is always invisible, this has happened to me and three others in my group, do you know what could be causing this?

Wulphmahn

Coal
A guide online told me this is where to post bug reports about the pvp arenas, hope I'm right. Sorry its so long, the issues are a little complicated. They are not specific to any class or skill:

They mostly occur in the Colosseum;
Occasionally when entering the Colosseum, I find that my opponent is invisible. He/she can see me but I cannot see them. Both participants are able to do damage to each other, but I only do this by swinging randomly when backed into a corner being pulverized. This seems to be happening to my entire family, there are multiple of us on the same IP (already documented) and it will randomly occur to any of us. I'm not sure if this is just us or if this is server-wide. Through experimentation, we were able to find a few tricks that were able to offset the issue. Before entering a Colosseum duel, we have to type "/party leave" and "/team leave" and then re-log on to the server. I'm not sure if this is occurring because we are almost always in a party with one-another and that is why we are always experiencing the issue or what the case is.
The other problem I have experienced with the Colosseum duels is that, when the first issue is not occurring, I have issues with my movement in the duel. While in the arena, my movement is impeded. I cannot run, and I move slowly. Every step I take is slow and it seems to move me backwards after I move forward. This sometimes happens during the standard game, and I have been told that I am blocking to others that can see me. I imagine the same glitch is happening in the arena, yet it seems to happen every time I am in any pvp arena.

Both of these issues I have also experienced in a Deathmatch as well, usually in the deathmatch the first opponent I fight is invisible and kills me because I can't see them. And throughout the entire match my movement is impeded.

I'm just not sure if this has been happening to anybody else and I'm not sure if it is something that we are doing wrong or if it is a glitch in the system, so I thought I would bring it up here. Both issues can be frustrating when experienced and if something can be done than I hope it may save others the frustration if it is a server-wide issue.

Recently while lurking the HelpMe chat channel, I have found that at least 2 other players have been experiencing the invisibility glitch in the arenas. I took screenshots of the chat if it is requested.

Wulphmahn

Coal
I also have an Arena suggestion, it is in regards to cooldown times for skills. Regardless of the skill, I think that all skill cooldowns in the arena should be separate from the standard game. For instance (I am a Paladin and thus I use this example) While arena battling I use my LayHands skill, which has a 15min cooldown time. When I exit the arena, I still have to wait the cooldown from when I used it in the arena which is a separate ordeal. (This also applies to a paladin fighting in multiple arena battles, I have to wait at least 3 arena battles before I can use my LayHands ability again which means I cannot use the full abilities of my class during each arena battle) I am suggesting that their be separate cooldowns for the arena, so that I can't just spam LayHands in the arena, but when I exit the arena it is as if I did not use the ability in the first place as it did not aid me at all outside the arena. If I wind up needing the LayHands to save my life or that of another party members it sucks that I effectively wasted it to give me the chance to win in the arena which did not actually endanger my life. The arena gives you a completely separate inventory, I think it should also give a separate cooldown.

alkarin

Stone
Hey so when ever i do a coliseum duel the other player is always invisible, this has happened to me and three others in my group, do you know what could be causing this?

The invisibility is a bukkit/minecraft problem. I do my best to write workarounds for it, but it's not 100% perfect. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot more I can do since it's a pain writing fixes for problems that aren't mine. I'll see if I can find another work around though.

Occasionally when entering the Colosseum, I find that my opponent is invisible.
See my comment above, very annoying :(

The other problem I have experienced with the Colosseum duels is that, when the first issue is not occurring, I have issues with my movement in the duel. While in the arena, my movement is impeded. I cannot run, and I move slowly. Every step I take is slow and it seems to move me backwards after I move forward. This sometimes happens during the standard game, and I have been told that I am blocking to others that can see me. I imagine the same glitch is happening in the arena, yet it seems to happen every time I am in any pvp arena.
That is just bizarre. So BattleArena doesn't change the speed of players, (except maybe if the potion effect slow is being given). Are you sure this isnt a client side issue? Often times teleporting to a new area can cause a lot of lag as your system refreshes the screen.

Wulphmahn

Coal
@ Alkarin: Thank you for the explanation and for looking into it for me. It has been a very difficult "bug" to deal with and has resulted in a totally butchered Arena PvP score xD. No big deal, anyways thanks again.

Sunkrist

Wood
alkarin I was testing a theory earlier concerning the invisibility. When ever I do a duel on my fiance's laptop the other player is ALWAYS invisible, not oh this happens on occasion, but ALWAYS. I did a death match and I could see everyone just fine, so that ruled out my first theory on maybe it was when you teleport elsewhere. I went on a different laptop (my soon to be brother in laws) and I was able to do it just fine. I understand that you said that it was a bukit/minecraft issue, but is there anything that I can do on my end, I am currently thinking that it is my laptop that is having most of the issues.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Well, this is deathmatch, but same plugin.
Normally, when a player dies by fall damage or such, it credits the player who last hit them within reason.
Apparently, this doesn't apply to the void, or at least in deathmatch, so a user who doesn't want someone to get a kill on them can just jump in the void.

Wulphmahn

Coal
@ Naomi I've seen this happen quite a lot, if a player is low health and they are about to get killed they will just leap off the edge so that they don't give that player a kill point. Really is quite annoying

I have found a glitch in deathmatches and duels, due to having to use my bad laptop this week.
If you log out in the middle of one (Me due to crashing) you will respawn back in there, with all your items. Therefore, me losing a lot of enchanted stuff and diamonds >_>
If this could be fixed, that would be great.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I have found a glitch in deathmatches and duels, due to having to use my bad laptop this week.
If you log out in the middle of one (Me due to crashing) you will respawn back in there, with all your items. Therefore, me losing a lot of enchanted stuff and diamonds >_>
If this could be fixed, that would be great.
This is quite a known glitch, any logout during the match does so.
It doesn't matter if it's a crash, disconnect or just pressing F11 on the "You Died!" screen disabling the respawn button.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So, found a bg semi-issue
If you can get out of "combat" during the match you can run /kill during the match thus making your opponent(s) unable to hit you.
I tested this further and found it does have a timeout safeguard for respawns in that if you stay dead for so long it's forfeit, but unfortunately I cannot test whether the forfeit timer is cumulative or reset on each death.
Either way, during a two-team bg it becomes a totally viable tactic to get first kill, run then /kill to avoid them getting hits and thus ensuring victory - it just seems to take timed button presses. Since deaths are only apparently a tiebreaker in case of tied kills, one can have 1 kill, 2 deaths and win if opponent has 0 kills.
Thankfully, during more-than-two team matches this becomes non-viable as the opponents can still kill each other for points thus rendering such evasion useless.
Since dms are the very same situation above but with even more people, it shouldn't matter much there, and arenas/cols use death as being counted out so you can't abuse it there, so I believe this is isolated to two-team bgs.
(Note, I say X-team because for some reason bg teams are not forced to one and you can party in it, but that's another issue)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Wow, nobody has posted here in a bit. Well, I was going to post a separate thread for my "bug" but I saw this thread and thought why not.

Well, in one of the arenas where there is the bridge platforms above the floor with water doorways, the water doorways have began to flood. I found out why this was happening when I saw my partner in arena who was a Necromancer use the skill Web on someone who was in the water doorway. I believe this caused the water to pour over the web and flood over the pressure plates that are suppose to be keeping the water in.

I don't care really if it gets fixed or not, I mean it does change the fight a bit by making is more challenging. Thought I should just put it out here so the reason for the doors flooding is known.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I am just saying this for those who doesnt have macro key binds mod, on behalf of them, I think there should be more items to chose in the hot bar or/in the inventory.
I am suggesting that, u could customize the order of the items in arena/skirmish/col using /arena customize then they don't need to rearrange their slots in order to do combos and etc.
Also i suggest that we can choose what ever items that does one damage, can't be placed, don't do special effects(potions), can't be eaten(food/no regen), to the customize screen while customizing the order of items, so u can use ur familiar items while playing skirm/col/arena.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Got a real bug this time. Say you join a 2v2 duel in arena(/arena join) and during the duel your teammate dies. If you're teammate who died doesn't leave the party and is challenged to a duel and accepts the duel(/col accept), then you, who is still alive in arena doing a 2v1 probably, are put into the the 1v1 /col duel that was accepted which shows up as a 2v1 /col duel when you who are in the /arena join fight never accepted or got a message. When this happens, every time the partner you had who died accepts a duel, it automatically turns into a 2v1 /col duel without you being asked. This also makes it so you(the guy who was pulled out of the /arena 2v1) cannot join arena's using commands themself such as /arena join or /bg join. When attempted, a message comes up saying you're already in arena.

This also makes it so the guys left alone in the 2v2 arena when you were taken out by force must wait until the time runs out in the arena. Whenever the guy being challenged is invited to a duel and they decline it, the person who is now bugged up with arena receives that his duel was declined even though you were never challenged.

This has happened to me twice now. From what I have found, relogging/restarting client does not fix the problem. I believe a restart of the server does, but I am not entirely sure.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
The command "/arena check" is not working. When you use it it tells you that you are not in an arena queue when you are which leads to you not knowing how many players are in the arena queue.

EDIT: Also, people are still getting the arena issue of not being able to leave queue/join arena

Last edited: