• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug PVP Arenas: Bug reports|suggestions

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
This happens the majority of the time:

The first skill (doesn't matter the skill) deals 5+ hearts to me. For example I'll start a skirmish and a lvl 20 healers' smite does 9 hearts to me. I can get video footage if you need... but it seems like a pretty obvious bug. Has this been happening to anyone else lately?

Michael explains it below with the reasoning.

michael42

Glowing Redstone
in the arena matches the damage is carrying over to the next match. When you start the match it displays as full hp, but upon first hit it will revert back to the hp you had last match.

rafaleon

Wood
I was skirmishing in spawn, i fought against c12, when it finished, like 5 seconds later i randomly died, i lost my pvp streak and position in top 30s. Dieing after skirmishes sucks, and it has happened to me about 2-3 times(cant remember) please fix it and if u are able to, give me my streak back (13 streak) i worry alot about pvp and with this kill i decended 4 spaces in top list.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not possible to "give back 4 spaces" at this time.

We're looking into better fixes for this but so far, none have proved fruitful.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think it worked like this because of my dots. You most likely died and spawned back while my dots were still active. The reason this doesn't happen in normal pvp is because you spawn in a graveyard, which is PvP off. I was inside ThornHollow at the time, and I am willing to bet that you were in a PvP zone at the time of your death. If not, then I am unsure what would be causing it.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
The skirmishes is currently generating money, witch is not healthy for the economy...
Everyone pays the 1c fee when joining, then the winners get a 10c reward.
In 2v2 this generates 16c, 3v3 24c and so on..

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Would it be possible to make the 1st item slot for the ranger be the bow and the diamond axe the second? It's annoying because the bow is the primary weapon...
Just have the second slot on your hotbar active right before the skirmish starts and it will start with the bow in your hand.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This happened to me 3+ times, so bug report time.

When you WIN a skirmish, if you DIE BEFORE you are ported out (usually I am flying away because of STDs4YouAnd4Me forcepush), you respawn in the Skirmish, with your items.

The next team then is ported in as usual, and eventually you die. I have tried everything except Recall to get out with my items (havent had Redstone yet when it happend) , but the only way is to /kill, get ported to overlands, then take the nice portal back.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I've got another bug or two and two +1's. Occasionally when losing a 1v1 skirmish I've not been ported back to the correct area, but instead I've been ported to what appears to be the last bed I slept in. I've had no items on hand and the skirmish timer continued as if nothing had happened. The victor and loser were not declared and if I attempted to join another skirmish the server informed me that I was still in a skirmish. When I typed "/skirmish leave" I was returned to my position properly and declared the loser for leaving the skirmish. When I sat around and waited for the timer to run out, the skirmish just ended and I was returned to my position properly again, though I am not sure if it was a tie or if the winner got his 10c (at the time).

According to bfittipaldi , I went invisible in a skirmish duel just now. Don't know if it was related to the random 1/2 heart of damage I took.

I have been on the giving and receiving end of this invisibility bug that TheMormon has reported. In all of my skirmishes this bug has only occurred for me on the 1v1 Airship map. Never have I seen it occur on STD's map. When I am invisible I am not invincible, I can be hit by AoE spells and I appear to be hit by normal swings. That being said, it is still obviously a free win because I am unable to be seen. The same appears to go for my opponent when they are invisible.

This happened to me 3+ times, so bug report time.

When you WIN a skirmish, if you DIE BEFORE you are ported out (usually I am flying away because of STDs4YouAnd4Me forcepush), you respawn in the Skirmish, with your items.

The next team then is ported in as usual, and eventually you die. I have tried everything except Recall to get out with my items (havent had Redstone yet when it happend) , but the only way is to /kill, get ported to overlands, then take the nice portal back.

I have also been the victim of the bug that Dsawemd's reported. I've only had it happen once so I don't have an idea of what the cause could be, but after a duel I was stuck in the arena without chat or the ability to activate any skills at all. It was similar to a serious bout of never-ending lag so I disconnected and reconnected, at which point the game chose to place me in the skirmish arena. Unfortunately I was in the arena not with a skirmish kit, but with my own items which I lost when the new skirmish participants attacked me. After my death I respawned in Bastion keep with none of my items.

Another less notable bug that I've seen: Occasionally when the skirmish starts my opponent's character will either be 1 block above or below the position that it should be for the duration of the skirmish. When they are 1 block down it makes it somewhat difficult to target them most of the time, and nearly impossible at other times. I have not had anyone tell me that I was floating while they were buried or vice versa during a skirmish, though I did not ask.

Thunli

Glowing Redstone
Something really strange happened at the skirmish arenas for me today, I lost the skirmish but rather than re spawn I clicked quit to menu button, and when I log back after 2 hours I realized i was still in the arena which Lumont and I_Love_Miners were fighting in. I tried to attack them, to my surprise, it worked. I then got killed and it count as a normal death? Is this just a 'thing' that had happened before or is it a bug?

Ayohae

TNT
Two bugs.
1. It seems that wins and losses are not affecting /arena rank. They were yesterday but not currently.
2. I don't know if this is a bug or even fixable, but when one of my enemies in arena logged off, the match kept going until the timer ran out.

macura

Diamond
Sometimes when i get disarmed in skirmish 4 arrows appear a couple seconds through the disarm, and if i try to punch someone with them it says i am not trained to use arrows.

wildarm5

ICE ICE ICE!
I kinda like lost connceted in the skirmish and rejoined, and i logged in, i was still in the skirmish arena place but not in a /skirmish. So i was stuck in the skirmish place

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Runeblade has Bow and Arrows in the arena inventory, even tho it cant use them. Any chance they could get removed?

wildarm5

ICE ICE ICE!
Can you add diamond sword to bard as well? I want it for envenom I just like using a dia sword as bard cause it feels like its easier to get hits on :). I dont know if you want to put dia sword for bard cause envenom does like 19 per 6 sec