• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Proposed Rule Change

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/township-blacklist.5070/

Here is a blacklist post for you all. Do not post if you are not a mayor or sic of a ringed town.
Love it! Technical problem: Unopened spoiler tags aren't searched using a browser's Ctrl-F option, so if a mayor wants to see if player X is causing trouble, they'd have to open each spoiler tag before doing the search. Using code tags or no tags at all will make the thread really long, but it'll help your fellow mayors search for names.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
What I am going to do is copy the spoilers for the town blacklist in to the first post in a code boxes, that way there is master list and a town list all here and this keep the post from being really long

Demonxman

Obsidian
this is fucking annoying.

I play this game to have a good time, maybe have a few laughs with some cool people, but when I get on and see that all my valuables, all my soup, 90% of my wood, all my iron/diamond picks, all my iron swords, my diamond axe and more of my coal is gone, and it's because of a citizen thief it only pisses me off and ruins my herocraft experience. I don't come on games to be mad, I do it to be happy and accomplish carious tasks I lay out in front of myself such as getting to lvl 50, finally getting enough money to spec. I refuse to play a game where I'm constantly loosing everything when it should be completely safe. and now I learn that there are others in my town that are finding their items missing as well? This is quite annoying and I don't want to waste your time helping me because someone on my region is a dick.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
hey farroes I'm for this. I mean look at orion, they got wiped a few days ago TEHEHE
this is fucking annoying.

I play this game to have a good time, maybe have a few laughs with some cool people, but when I get on and see that all my valuables, all my soup, 90% of my wood, all my iron/diamond picks, all my iron swords, my diamond axe and more of my coal is gone, and it's because of a citizen thief it only pisses me off and ruins my herocraft experience. I don't come on games to be mad, I do it to be happy and accomplish carious tasks I lay out in front of myself such as getting to lvl 50, finally getting enough money to spec. I refuse to play a game where I'm constantly loosing everything when it should be completely safe. and now I learn that there are others in my town that are finding their items missing as well? This is quite annoying and I don't want to waste your time helping me because someone on my region is a dick.

HEHE...

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
I just wanna say this problem is really holding things back for towns right now, makes recruiting harder and when old players come back from a break or w/e they discover 1/2 their stuff is missing, it is really disheartening.
I just got stolen most of my un-lwcd stuff (it was all block-locked securely), and I kinda don't feel like playing MC for now because of that lol im sure its not that different for every1 else being stolen from, it is just really discouraging.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo, if this is made illegal and players have done it before would they be banned?
@Kainzo

I know I'm not Kainzo, but if I -had- to guess, I'd say that previous infractions would not get you banned. It wouldn't be fair to ban for something that, at the time, wasn't against the rules.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
So reading back at this, I've seen a few civilized and very formal and critical posts. Almost all posts by the staff have been much appreciated by myself, and I can assume many others, and exceptional posts such as DSA's post could have a truly profound effect on the way the community interacts.

It as also been brought to my attention the arrogance of the side of this argument that benefited. Do not misinterpret what I am saying, they other side should have equal rights to argue this topic without discrimination or lowered expectations. However, it is the people of Coal Harbor (hereby referred to as CH for short) who oppose the vast majority on this issue, and for obvious reasons. It is not their perspective that bothers me, but rather their justifications and form of expression.

When I came back to this post, I was greeted by Codyneece essentially telling my that my town of Orion deserved what happened, but I can see in no way how we did. Granted we pillaged and plundered the former Killuminati (Now known as North Reach.) But we never dropped to that level of trickery and despicable deceit.

Crossing the line of decency was ScottCombs reply to my own, littered with improper usage of capitalization, grammatical errors, and slander, accusing us of things we have never done, nor plan to do. He justifies xtb5x (Whom we now know worked with and for CH) by saying that we believe we "own" the North Road because S.S.S. built the road, when in fact, we merely patrol it and attempt to keep buildings that are inactive or an eyesore off of our portion of road. What baffles me is that he tries to justify such a despicable action made by one of his own (most likely to strike at us, and not in an indiscriminate spree) by falsely accusing us of actions and pre-determined beliefs that were made up by our enemies.

This lack of common sense and decency, combined with preposterous amounts of arrogance and ridicule add up, to what I believe, is the largest shit storm this community could possibly muster. The fact that 90% of the posts on this thread failed to address the issue and went off on a tangent to justify the incident that is causing this rule to be questioned, and instead of doing so in a civilized and formal manner, took a barbaric and outright unacceptable method of approach.

I would highly suggest that before you reply to this essay of a comment, you read it thoroughly and get it through your monstrously thick skulls that this was an address to the effect your arrogance is having on the issue. I personally believe it should be illegal for a member of another town to knowingly and purposefully join and steal from another town for personal or communal financial gain, as it takes a huge portion of trust out of the community. It is the mind-set of the people of the towns affected by our raids that is ruining the server for many people, even some of our own had to resort to the same tactic to try to even get back a portion of what was lost.

In the end, who do you want to succeed? The people who argue from my perspective, or the people who argue from the perspective of the thief who has everything to lose should this become a new rule? The choice is yours. The fate of the community depends on it.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
It's annoying as hell, and I don't do it, but I am against this. It's hardcore, and there IS a blacklist, so it won't happen twice. Being nice and snug in your house isn't hardcore, buying more LWC is.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
Well I didn't borther reading everybody elses comments (don't take it personally). This is what I feel.

Stealing from towns should be Illegal.
When you make a /pe on potential town theft, we should know who did it. They should be punished, and we should know their names so that we can add them to the towny blacklist on this forum, and exact revenge.

Eye for an eye.

Put me on the supporter list please. :)

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
It's annoying as hell, and I don't do it, but I am against this. It's hardcore, and there IS a blacklist, so it won't happen twice. Being nice and snug in your house isn't hardcore, buying more LWC is.

What a surprise, your against this also. I haven't seen you post 1 single positive post on the whole forum, is it still your time of the month?