• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Proposed Rule Change

Scottcombs45

Banned
@Enchilada, why would having xtb5x having in our town make us agree with the rule. If that was the case we should disagree with the rule and continue letting xtb5x do what ever in the fuck they want. Oh and enchilada, you're a part of SSS, you're no better. OH OMG I CONTROL THE NORTH QUADRANT!!!@@!!@$%##@^ GOING TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THERE!!!!!! So before you call us out on our faggotry, you guys arent any better, I actually don't support this rule. Just because I realized it was Orion who it affected (an SSS town). You guys deserve it. :)

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
lol s.s.s. is going to complain about tactics like this, when they go along north road destroying any and all shops, roads that do not belong to them. Just because you did the server a favor by building that road does not make it your "property" It can be your terf but nothing more. Your tactics are no classier than ours -_-

This is not the thread for that. So please. GTFO.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Try to keep the conversation on topic, and the slapfighting to a minimum (the minimum is 0). And don't reply to this post saying "im tryin but Tr0lLcRaFt3R keeps sayin blah blah blah". I'm not your dad, and you're not 7. Focus.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Well then we go back to the "spy" theme, people get in abouse and loot.
See this:
We've been rolling back the parties involved that are doing this. If you want ultimate protection please use LWC.

In either case, I'll review this thread soon but very busy in RL.
Child regions will fix the issue altogether once they're working, but until then, we're punishing people who break this rule. What more could you want?

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
please get the flaming out of this conversation. This isn't about that.

Sorry i missed you the first time oxea, didnt mean to :(

Updated the list

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Updating a list won't make staff do something faster - the server is a community - you should blacklist the morons who do this from your towns.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I dont intend it to make the staff do something faster, i just want to get the community to show their support.
I may start a blacklist thread if you think that would be more productive.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
All is fair in Love and War. If it were a server rule, it would likely be respected. You could ban people as well that way.

Demonxman

Obsidian
nothing is 'fair' when you get your shit stolen by shit tactics. Although the orion incident was FUN.

ace675

Glowing Redstone
Farroes, i'm the sic of aphrodite and both me and the mayor dasoren support this cause.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The key to stopping town thievery is incentives. The "carrot" of living in a community of mutual trust is not enough to counter the greed of some players. We need a "stick". A big one.

I support the freedom of players to make their own choices, even if those choices lead them to steal from their own town. They must know, however, that actions have consequences not from the admins alone, but from the community.

We need an official town blacklist thread, one that deals solely with traitors, so that mayors can see clearly who these people are. Once blacklisted, a person could appeal, and the community could decide whether or not to grant a reprieve.

+1 for community based blacklist, -1 for moderator enforced law

No one plays SMP to be alone. We must realize our power as a community and prevent douchebaggery ourselves.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
The key to stopping town thievery is incentives. The "carrot" of living in a community of mutual trust is not enough to counter the greed of some players. We need a "stick". A big one.

I support the freedom of players to make their own choices, even if those choices lead them to steal from their own town. They must know, however, that actions have consequences not from the admins alone, but from the community.

We need an official town blacklist thread, one that deals solely with traitors, so that mayors can see clearly who these people are. Once blacklisted, a person could appeal, and the community could decide whether or not to grant a reprieve.

+1 for community based blacklist, -1 for moderator enforced law

No one plays SMP to be alone. We must realize our power as a community and prevent douchebaggery ourselves.
In the Core forums, we sort rule breakers into all sorts of thread lists, but it all maintains a very simple format. For example, the "watchlist" thread filled with people who break griefing, stealing and PvP rules consists of one post from each staff member that's posted there, and the staff freely edit their own lists as they need updating. That way, if someone breaks a rule, one simply needs to search their name on the page to see if they're a repeat offender. Other lists work differently (like the "blacklist", where a new post is made each time and the first post is occasionally updated with the names from the new posts) but the idea is that it's easy to search the list if the names are all in one place. If the admins approve of this approach to counter-griefing, a sticky "community watchlist" that town leaders can post in and edit their posts might be a very good way of arranging this.