• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Plague Bomb

hjhjhjj4

Legacy Supporter 4
Something that could be done is possibly raising the mana cost on plaguebomb. Right now it is 15 and a maxed beguiler has 206. If it were to be moved to 30 mana per plaguebomb, trust me, less of those bitches would be flying.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
A skill that cant really target people isn't really "spam-able" its a sheep that can only hit targets that are standing still. If you run the moment it says "so and so has use PlagueBomb" and they don't inhibit your movement you'll be fine .I'd say its cd is whatever piggy is considering it only makes sense to use pb in a 1v1 with piggify. "Unless the person the PvP's while standing still.
Nah, it has a pretty big radius.

Y

ytiggidmas

beguiler just has too much to offer imo..
AoE harmtouch is a beautiful way to say it, Cause that's pretty much what it is.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree plaguebomb is a bit too strong atm, I agree with all the lengthening cooldown suggestions. I think it would make a difference if it was a 12 second cooldown instead of 10, I know 2 seconds may not seem like much, but It can mean a world of a difference.

although... they did (hopefully) work to master beguiler, so they should have some sort of strong skill. at lower levels, beguiler is sort of crap, or at least until lv 30 when they start getting decent CC's...

another possible solution is make the explosion like a creeper is supposed to, decreases with range, so at the 5 block max range, it would only deal 100 or so.

teddytazer

Soulsand
try playing beguiler, dealing with 55 levels of only fireball and pulse to damage enemies. I'm fine with changes to plaguebomb if beguiler could get another damage dealing skill. Wizards and Pyros have 6, beguiler has 3.. one of them happens to be good.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
Well beguilers are a support class, so of course they are not going to have as many damage skills as other classes.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
try playing beguiler, dealing with 55 levels of only fireball and pulse to damage enemies. I'm fine with changes to plaguebomb if beguiler could get another damage dealing skill. Wizards and Pyros have 6, beguiler has 3.. one of them happens to be good.
I actually went beguiler before I was pyro, I absolutely HATED it... only fireball, piggify, and pulse... worked well with the DoD's, but since there are hardly anymore of those around, low level beguilers are shit. at lv 55 however, they get a skill that makes them strong as heck if played right, but then again, all classes can be strong if played right at max level. so again with my suggestion, just make it a small change if there's going to be one. a change that makes everyone happy while at the same time, beguilers can still have a chance at 1v1's.

EDIT: sorry! forgot to metion I only got to level 31 beguiler before I switched.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Then why are Bards and Clerics so powerful, even with being a support?

What is your definition of powerful?

I'd argue Bard and Cleric "power" comes from their support abilities. Clerics are great healers and durable enough to last in a fight so they can keep healing. Bards give run speed and two of our AOEs help lock enemies down (1 has a root, 1 has a silence). Neither Clerics nor Bards are mega damage dealers like Beguilers are with Plaguebomb.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Honestly, the only thing that can be done to Beguilers without devastating them would be removing the silence on Piggify. I feel like they need another damage spell, however it isn't my position to do so. Adding another spell would allow other spells to be lowered to compensate.

macura

Diamond
Honestly, the only thing that can be done to Beguilers without devastating them would be removing the silence on Piggify. I feel like they need another damage spell, however it isn't my position to do so. Adding another spell would allow other spells to be lowered to compensate.
I agree, an addition of another skill would also help fill the massive gap between level 1 and 55.

hjhjhjj4

Legacy Supporter 4
Or what about a skill like... Carrot Swap. Its pretty much just a disarm, but instead, temporarily places a carrot in their hand.