• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Plague Bomb

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
PLEASE NOTE: Beguilers, you may not like this change, however, this is a creative class, so changing plague bomb a little wont hurt you much because you can still a) make suggestions for new skills and b) not worry about losing your primary power skill. Its just a suggestion for balance :D

I love the beguiler class but plague bomb kills the fun. I'm not saying remove the skill but instead make some alterations to it. For one it is a skill that is very low cooldown and does 250 damage to you, secondly a beguiler does not need to aim it up, just simply aim at the ground then punch it when a melee class is on you. I thought of 1 of 2 things

1) simply increase the cooldown so its not *as* spam-able. The reason I say this is because when me and w0nderb0y skirmished against a beguiler, plague bomb was cast around 5 times within a minute. that's 5x250 (assuming at least 4 of 5 hit) that's 1000-1250 damage. Please make the cooldown a bit longer so we dont have easy kills for beguilers.

2) The second option I would make is make it do damage to self again, that way the beguilers have more risk of casting it because it could hit themselves as well. This way it wont be used as much because it does not provide a major advantage.

macura

Diamond
PLEASE NOTE: Beguilers, you may not like this change, however, this is a creative class, so changing plague bomb a little wont hurt you much because you can still a) make suggestions for new skills and b) not worry about losing your primary power skill. Its just a suggestion for balance :D

I love the beguiler class but plague bomb kills the fun. I'm not saying remove the skill but instead make some alterations to it. For one it is a skill that is very low cooldown and does 250 damage to you, secondly a beguiler does not need to aim it up, just simply aim at the ground then punch it when a melee class is on you. I thought of 1 of 2 things

1) simply increase the cooldown so its not *as* spam-able. The reason I say this is because when me and w0nderb0y skirmished against a beguiler, plague bomb was cast around 5 times within a minute. that's 5x250 (assuming at least 4 of 5 hit) that's 1000-1250 damage. Please make the cooldown a bit longer so we dont have easy kills for beguilers.

2) The second option I would make is make it do damage to self again, that way the beguilers have more risk of casting it because it could hit themselves as well. This way it wont be used as much because it does not provide a major advantage.
Plaguebomb does do damage to the caster, just not if they are in a party.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
A skill that cant really target people isn't really "spam-able" its a sheep that can only hit targets that are standing still. If you run the moment it says "so and so has use PlagueBomb" and they don't inhibit your movement you'll be fine .I'd say its cd is whatever piggy is considering it only makes sense to use pb in a 1v1 with piggify. "Unless the person the PvP's while standing still.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
A skill that cant really target people isn't really "spam-able" its a sheep that can only hit targets that are standing still. If you run the moment it says "so and so has use PlagueBomb" and they don't inhibit your movement you'll be fine .I'd say its cd is whatever piggy is considering it only makes sense to use pb in a 1v1 with piggify. "Unless the person the PvP's while standing still.
The thing with "standing still" is that the range of it is big. It has a 3 block radius going outwards to all sides and above AND below, Its a massive AOE harm touch. Should there not be some consequence of using this skill? HT takes away health from the caster, and is a single target hit. Plague bomb, comes at little cost to the beguiler with mana, cooldown is fairly low, and is a harm touch AOE needing NO specific target.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Plaguebomb does do damage to the caster, just not if they are in a party.
It does, but then that defeats the purpose because beguilers can easily just /party invite someone , then tell that guy to not accept, and suddenly they take NO damage.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Currently beguiler is way too powerful as a caster. They have 3 cc skills, an 250 AoE, and fireball. All together, that is very too much dmg and cc for anyone to handle.

hjhjhjj4

Legacy Supporter 4
You could remove some damage on plaguebomb and then have beguile also have a DoT on it. Like 50 damage over the whole time while beguiled.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Since fireball misses half the time due to lag, lowering the damage on plague bomb just hurts the class. Currently piggify is broken, players can easily just get off the pig, meaning u should easy be able to avoid the slow moving flying sheep. Also the CD on plague bomb was increased from 6secs to 10, meaning a 40% less damage over a min.

hjhjhjj4

Legacy Supporter 4
Or possibly get purge working, and if it succesfully dispels, then all enemies in the area are slowed for 3 seconds.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Since fireball misses half the time due to lag, lowering the damage on plague bomb just hurts the class. Currently piggify is broken, players can easily just get off the pig, meaning u should easy be able to avoid the slow moving flying sheep. Also the CD on plague bomb was increased from 6secs to 10, meaning a 40% less damage over a min.
A wizard's fireball is just the same thing as the beguiler's fireball and the wizard's effectiveness in a battle is not as strong as a beguiler. Your point of the CD on the skill does not mean that the skill was still to powerful. The dmg and the AoE is just too easy to kill and dmg many people at once.

hjhjhjj4

Legacy Supporter 4
Wizard's have gtp, which is VERY useful in combat if used correctly. Plus, their root is on a shorter cd.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Want to point fingers at casters?Wizards do more burst damage than Beguilers.
But that's what a wizard is supposed to do. Wizards also have less CC than Beguilers do.
Fireball isn't difficult to aim. If I am able to land almost every fireball while running at 10ish FPS playing with latency from England then you have no right to complain about lag.

If you're having trouble landing plague bomb hits, take some lessons from hj/shizzdawg.
The reason none of you realize just how amazingly devastating Beguiler is, is that you only fight beguilers like drew/pewpew.

You don't even NEED piggify to land plague bomb unless they're keeping a range of 15 blocks between you.
You can shoot it through walls, you can spawn it on/near you and punch it instantly, and you can launch it and hit it with fireballs.

This is like instacast megabolt that does more damage and has a 10cd cooldown.
It's impossible to get near a beguiler without losing all of your HP as any class that needs to get close (not just warriors, rogues too) and I'm not even counting the TWO stun/silences they have. (Did I mention one is an AOE?)

And not only do they have such massive aoe damage, some of the best CC of all classes, they have WISDOM and MIGHT.

Which are both WAY better than Warsong/Manasong that bard have, as the bard skills last 15 seconds and Manasong costs a lot of stamina. The only reason Beguilers aren't better support is that bards have a speed buff.
And they have dispel and teleport, so don't tell me they have no utility.
Not even wizards can teleport TO people.