• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Official Township Plugin <No longer applicable>

tips48

Gold
So,
As some of you may know, I am developing the (likely) official township plugin for HC.

Features:
  • Region Support <- Maybe
  • Auto-Taxing <- Maybe
  • No PVP with fellow members or allies
  • Leader = Mayor, Commander = SiC (Multiple commanders are supported)
  • Declare war and declare allies
  • Command friendly
Commands:
Code:
/town - Displays general info about the town you are in
/town join <town> - Joins the town <town>
/town leave - Leaves your current town
/town create <name> <commanders> - Creates a town with <name> and <commanders>
/town list - Lists all the current towns
/town commander <player> - Adds <player> as a Commander. Leader ONLY
/town decommander <player> - Removes <player> as a Commander. Leader ONLY
/town members - Displays all current members
/town war <town> - Declares war on <town>.  Leader/Commander ONLY. Someone think of a better name :)
/town peace <town> - Offers peace with <town>.  Leader/Commander ONLY.  Someone think of a better name :)
/town ally <town> - Become allies with <town>. Leader/Commander ONLY
/town unally <town> - Remove your ally status with <town>.  Leader/Commander ONLY.  Someone think of a better name :)
/town disband - Disbands the current town.  Leader ONLY

Please give suggestions on commands and features, thanks!

EDIT:
More info

EDIT2:
No longer applicable, I won't be coding this, nor will the source I've coded be used

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey looks awesome! The only problem I can see is someone /joining a town and then /leaving that town 5 minutes later to /join another town... If that made sense... If it didn't then disregard this post...:/

tips48

Gold
Hey looks awesome! The only problem I can see is someone /joining a town and then /leaving that town 5 minutes later to /join another town... If that made sense... If it didn't then disregard this post...:/
Why is that a problem? :p
When you join a town, the Leader/Commander must accept it before your actually part of a town. Forgot to add that

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
With region support, there is ways to create sub/child regions within in the parent region which will encompass the entire town?
-some towns want the ability to create sub regions within their town to control the citizens access better.

tips48

Gold
With region support, there is ways to create sub/child regions within in the parent region which will encompass the entire town?
-some towns want the ability to create sub regions within their town to control the citizens access better.
Thats a good idea, but the problem is everything with regions is fuzzy. I haven't been told if this plugin will actually do anything with regions to begin with... That was just something I assumed

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
There should be a /town list
so people can see all the towns in a list.

Will this be dealing with the taxes aswell.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh man, this could be awesome. I wish you luck, tips.

/town kick <name>
removes a player from the town, Mayors and Commanders only.

/town allies <town>
lists the allies of a town.

/town upgrade <City/Capital>
Mayors only, files a petition for the expansion of your township (possibly confiscates the materials by consuming them like skill reagents and registering the consumed mats in a list available for viewing by staff, say /town upgrade matslist, so they could circulate them back into the economy through shops in Zeal). May also use a staff command /town upgrade list, listing all towns waiting for an upgrade.

~

Ideas for Kingdom commands, for when/if you get to it. It's in my head and I'm writing it out, darn ye.

King- Has access to kingly management commands as well as SiC privileges in all towns in the Kingdom.
K.Commander- Has SiC privileges in all Kingdom towns.

/town k list
lists all Kingdom groups.

/town list <Kingdom>
lists all towns within the named Kingdom.

/town k create <name> <King> <K.Commander> <Capitol City>
creates a Kingdom group, starting with the King, SiC, and the capitol. Perhaps only available to staff, and definitely not the general public. Maybe Mayors.

/town k disband <name>
disbands a Kingdom group, available only to staff and the King of the group being disbanded.

/town k invite <Town>
invites a town into the kingdom you run, available to Kings only.

/town k kick <Town>
kicks a town out of the kingdom you run, available to Kings only.

/town k promote <Citizen of Capitol>
promotes a citizen of the capitol city to a K.Commander, Kings only.

/town k crown <Citizen of Capitol>
promotes a citizen of the capitol city to King and removes your kingly privileges, Kings only.

/town k demote <K.Commander>
demotes a K.Commander. Kings only.

/town k attack <Town/Kingdom>
declares war upon another group. Kings only.

/town k ceasefire <Town/Kingdom>
ends war that were declared. Kings only.

/town k ally <Town/Kingdom>
creates an alliance between the Kingdom's towns and another group. Kings only.

/town k disjoin <Town/Kingdom>
nullifies an alliance between the Kingdom's towns and another group. Kings only.

Tax commands, if you do that.

/town taxes <Town/Kingdom>
shows how much tax money is owed currently and when it's due.

/town taxes pay <amount>
pays taxes. Mayors and Commanders only.

/town k taxes pay <amount>
pays taxes for a Kingdom. Kings and K.Commanders only.

/town taxes charge <Town/Kingdom> <amount>
charges a group money for taxes and begins a countdown to the due date. Staff only.
Could have particular groups within itself, say @Towns, @Cities, @Capitals, and @Kingdoms, seeing as each group has a different tax rate and all townships pay taxes. Perhaps an @All group for special occasions.

/town taxes list
lists towns and notes how much tax money they currently owe. Staff only.

/town k taxes list
lists kingdoms and note how much tax money they currently owe. Staff only.

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun. Don't feel swamped, I'm only spitting up what I'm thinking. You of course have control of what happens and what doesn't here.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I would rather have a /town paytax or something. I dont like anything automatically taking anything from me lol.

tips48

Gold
Oh man, this could be awesome. I wish you luck, tips.

/town kick <name>
removes a player from the town, Mayors and Commanders only.

/town allies <town>
lists the allies of a town.

/town upgrade <City/Capital>
Mayors only, files a petition for the expansion of your township (possibly confiscates the materials by consuming them like skill reagents and registering the consumed mats in a list available for viewing by staff, say /town upgrade matslist, so they could circulate them back into the economy through shops in Zeal). May also use a staff command /town upgrade list, listing all towns waiting for an upgrade.

~

Ideas for Kingdom commands, for when/if you get to it. It's in my head and I'm writing it out, darn ye.

King- Has access to kingly management commands as well as SiC privileges in all towns in the Kingdom.
K.Commander- Has SiC privileges in all Kingdom towns.

/town k list
lists all Kingdom groups.

/town list <Kingdom>
lists all towns within the named Kingdom.

/town k create <name> <King> <K.Commander> <Capitol City>
creates a Kingdom group, starting with the King, SiC, and the capitol. Perhaps only available to staff, and definitely not the general public. Maybe Mayors.

/town k disband <name>
disbands a Kingdom group, available only to staff and the King of the group being disbanded.

/town k invite <Town>
invites a town into the kingdom you run, available to Kings only.

/town k kick <Town>
kicks a town out of the kingdom you run, available to Kings only.

/town k promote <Citizen of Capitol>
promotes a citizen of the capitol city to a K.Commander, Kings only.

/town k crown <Citizen of Capitol>
promotes a citizen of the capitol city to King and removes your kingly privileges, Kings only.

/town k demote <K.Commander>
demotes a K.Commander. Kings only.

/town k attack <Town/Kingdom>
declares war upon another group. Kings only.

/town k ceasefire <Town/Kingdom>
ends war that were declared. Kings only.

/town k ally <Town/Kingdom>
creates an alliance between the Kingdom's towns and another group. Kings only.

/town k disjoin <Town/Kingdom>
nullifies an alliance between the Kingdom's towns and another group. Kings only.

Tax commands, if you do that.

/town taxes <Town/Kingdom>
shows how much tax money is owed currently and when it's due.

/town taxes pay <amount>
pays taxes. Mayors and Commanders only.

/town k taxes pay <amount>
pays taxes for a Kingdom. Kings and K.Commanders only.

/town taxes charge <Town/Kingdom> <amount>
charges a group money for taxes and begins a countdown to the due date. Staff only.
Could have particular groups within itself, say @Towns, @Cities, @Capitals, and @Kingdoms, seeing as each group has a different tax rate and all townships pay taxes. Perhaps an @All group for special occasions.

/town taxes list
lists towns and notes how much tax money they currently owe. Staff only.

/town k taxes list
lists kingdoms and note how much tax money they currently owe. Staff only.

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun. Don't feel swamped, I'm only spitting up what I'm thinking. You of course have control of what happens and what doesn't here.
Wow, dude, thats awesome! I love some of these, such as /town kick <player>. Some of those will be added, although I'm not quite sure about the kingdom specific ones. I'll reference this list alot :)

@howdanrocks I plan to have a /town pay command, it won't take from you ;)

Sleaker

Retired Staff

I'm working on a regioning backend that'll be able to handle pretty much and child/inheritance necessary for apartment style areas to work.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
I dont know how your commands will know which town u are talking about unless u specify in the command or somehow link the commands to the region so they ony affect the town region you are in.

the ally comand needs to send a message to the leader of the other town to accept so that u cant just add everyone to ur allies list and then pretend ur safe with everyone.

the war command would just have to keep a list of enemies basically instead of offering to declare war.

And a new leader command would be needed in order to change mayor if needed.

just a few things i thought of

tips48

Gold
I dont know how your commands will know which town u are talking about unless u specify in the command or somehow link the commands to the region so they ony affect the town region you are in.

the ally comand needs to send a message to the leader of the other town to accept so that u cant just add everyone to ur allies list and then pretend ur safe with everyone.

the war command would just have to keep a list of enemies basically instead of offering to declare war.

And a new leader command would be needed in order to change mayor if needed.

just a few things i thought of
1)Erm, I know java. It can do things like that :)
2)Of course
3)It will not be a formal declaration of war(I think)
4)Good idea

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
im not doubting ur knowledge of java, just making sure u know about the possibility if it does go wrong. and it might run better idk.

after all commands to change any region stuff requires the regions name

like:

/region addmember ironpass tips48

tips48

Gold
im not doubting ur knowledge of java, just making sure u know about the possibility if it does go wrong.

after all commands to change any region stuff requires the regions name

like:

/region addmember ironpass tips48
1)I know :p
2)Region stuff will eventually be moved to this plugin ;)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So towns within the context of the plugin are basically going to be lists for region access and No-PvP.

There used to be something called HeroLists (I think) that let people create and join a list and entering the list's name (Example: /region add Region1 Town1) added everybody on the list into the region. Dunno what happened to it or if it still exists, but that function would be an acceptable way of dealing with Regions until everything meshes together.

tips48

Gold
So towns within the context of the plugin are basically going to be lists for region access and No-PvP.

There used to be something called HeroLists (I think) that let people create and join a list and entering the list's name (Example: /region add Region1 Town1) added everybody on the list into the region. Dunno what happened to it or if it still exists, but that function would be an acceptable way of dealing with Regions until everything meshes together.
Thats a way of putting it. When its done, it will have full region support with child regions (Through @Sleaker 's plugin), Leader/Commanders, Tax, Admin tools, so on.