• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Official Quest Bug report thread.

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
I have the issue at step two, the brother in the cave.
I have seen a few threads pointing out this issue, but no post staing that this is solved. I guess others have accepted that they can no longer do this quest.

I will go step by step next time I can log in, to see if I can get you any better information.

Wounded man quest bug.

Usually i can complete this quest free of trouble. The last few days When i talk to Knight Edgar He tells me his story, then when he asks me "Can you do this for me?" i reply "Yes" but it says "I do not understand what "yes" means" or something like that. Ive tried relogging and all that jazz but I have had this problem for a few days now.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Wounded man quest bug.

Usually i can complete this quest free of trouble. The last few days When i talk to Knight Edgar He tells me his story, then when he asks me "Can you do this for me?" i reply "Yes" but it says "I do not understand what "yes" means" or something like that. Ive tried relogging and all that jazz but I have had this problem for a few days now.
Same for me, he repeats the whole thing again. The wounded man doesn't work if i try go there also.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Retried Wounded Man about 18 hours ago. I ignored most of what the Knight and his brother said, lol, and just put in Yes at what seemed the right time. Got more text than last time. Anyway, everything seemed to be panning out until right at the end, when another player came zooming through the Knight just as he was saying thank you.

I didn't get any notice of receiving the exp. Sorry, I hadn't checked my levels beforehand, so I can't say whether I did or didn't.

Should there always be an 'exp received' notice if it is awarded successfully?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If the rest of the end script runs you'll get the EXP unless Aufdemrand broke something in denizens.
Adding in an "exp received" message won't help as it'll still run if something breaks.
You also won't see the exp message if you have turned off you exp gain/mana bar messages

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I've been having trouble with the killquest, he gives me a quest, I say yes, I get something like "kill 20 spiders" in blue text. I go kill mobs for half a day, and then when I come back he just gives me another quest, I say yes and he keeps giving me new and new quests on top of themselves.
Like I can't 'accept' one of them, because he keeps dropping new ones on me when I try to.

Extremely confusing really.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Had you received messages that you'd completed the quest/killed the mobs?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I never heard from him again after getting the "kill 20 spiders" message in blue text.
So you accepted the quest and then when you killed a spider you got no message yes?
If yes this is probably because you:
A: Relogged
B: Server Restarted
C: Denizens was reloaded

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
So you accepted the quest and then when you killed a spider you got no message yes?
If yes this is probably because you:
A: Relogged
B: Server Restarted
C: Denizens was reloaded
So relogging resets it?..
Well I'm fucked then, as I constantly have to reboot my client due to freezing up every 10-20 min..

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So relogging resets it?..
Well I'm fucked then, as I constantly have to reboot my client due to freezing up every 10-20 min..
I'm working on a fix for this. But it will require you to talk to the NPC to pick up where you left off.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Nope because we don't want you to master lost soul.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The good news is, I just did 4 quests without trouble (for the most part) :).

But as I completed each quest, this message came up:

You slayed a <crt> using a <itm>.

:confused:.

DvorakAJS

Wood
somehow i can't talk to NPC's anymore. i can talk to them through chat but not by right clicking them. is there anyway i can fix this bug cause i am almost lvl 5 and then i'd wish to move out

faredX

Gold
The thing with Knight Edgar is, he only accepts the answer "yes" from the moment he says "Hey come here, I need to talk to you" until the next phrase he says. However when you try to say 'yes' to Edgar, he would reply with "Sorry I don't Understand". So I suggest changing the timing for the "yes" answer to when he really asks the question.

Other quests seems to work well for me except the Mob-Hunt quest, which I've just ignored for quite some time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The thing with Knight Edgar is, he only accepts the answer "yes" from the moment he says "Hey come here, I need to talk to you" until the next phrase he says. However when you try to say 'yes' to Edgar, he would reply with "Sorry I don't Understand". So I suggest changing the timing for the "yes" answer to when he really asks the question.

Other quests seems to work well for me except the Mob-Hunt quest, which I've just ignored for quite some time.
Danda, should be easy to do, no?