• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja's

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
thunder, it is 2 second silence, 7 sec CD, though can be topped w/ garrote
No it can't, garrote can only be used when you're sneaking or invisible, so unless you haven't been hitting the player at all, he isn't going to be sneaking is he? You also say it as if all of our skills can be used at once, but eviscerate takes up more than half of your stamina, so after that is used you rely on your sword, which is supposed to do a lot of damage, ninja is a DPS class as you very well know. Kick just got a nerf the other day, and I don't see how warriors can complain, when they can still use the majority of their skills when silenced.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
If I may put in my 2 cents here, the problem seems to lie in kick.

A 5 second silence is DEVASTATING to any class that relies mostly on skills, especially those with little to no armor.

My proposition would be to keep kicks current cost / cool-down but change it's properties from a silence to an interrupt.
I don't think you understand how ridiculous that would be, with this put into play, all rogues would no longer have a silence, so what the hell are we supposed to do? We have low HP, low armour and high DPS, we rely on silences, the whole point of being a ninja is to DEVASTATE caster classes, which you are now complaining about. Without a silence, everyone would stop playing the rogue class altogether, because it wouldn't be able to hold it's own. It would be like removing root from wizards, how would you fell if that happened?

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
If I may put in my 2 cents here, the problem seems to lie in kick.

A 5 second silence is DEVASTATING to any class that relies mostly on skills, especially those with little to no armor.

My proposition would be to keep kicks current cost / cool-down but change it's properties from a silence to an interrupt.

This way it could be used situationally instead of an opener. For example, if you see me channeling a bolt you deserve that 2 seconds to hurry up and kick me in the nads to prevent my spellcast. I don't think you are entitled however to lock me down from all my skills with the press of a single button.

I'd say keep the silences skills for Bards/Beguilers (VoidSong/SonicBoom)

Thoughts/Comments welcomed from all.

@alexhoff1 @Aburido_burrito @uin153 @monkeyfatzer @itzmak

Alright, kick was already nerfed from a 5 second silence to a 2 second silence. That is already a good enough nerf, and if anything it should not be an interrupt. Kick is basically the ONLY ability we can use on casters to stop them from casting spells on us, garrote is useless if you don't open up the fight with it. I see how casters think kick is "overpowered," but it really isn't. The only thing that really is overpowered is blackjack. Blackjack is based on how many clicks you do, not the hits. I can blackjack you 100 times in 1 second if I used an auto clicker which isn't illegal on this server. They should change blackjack so that it is a stun you can use that is for 2 seconds every 45 seconds. I don't know if this would be the best thing to do to blackjack, but it could be tried. At least they should fix blackjack so that it actually depends on hits, not clicks. @Thunderjolt

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Another point: all rogues get destroyed by samurais, dragoons, dreadknights and paladins if you don't havce the element of suprise, but you don't see us moaning about it do you? @alexhoff1 You've been a wizard for a long time, so you know that wizards were very OP a few months ago, it is only recently that they have become more balanced, (a root, fireball, bolt, fireblast combo took me to 2 hearts, and we're supposed to be caster killers, if you see my point)
So as soon as wizards become a little less OP, you start having a go at other classes just because you can't kill them so easily, which is completely unfair. If a ninja or thief catches you unaware, you're supposed to be dead within seconds! But here you are complaining that you die too fast, that's the freakin point man!

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
If it was to be a knockback, it should be like 3-4 blocks
That would just give casters a huge advantage and make it an unfair fight. With this, casters would become rogue-killers.

"good idea, though they already have interupters. I would much prefer knockback skills, or something of the sort.

I.E. kick - does 70 damage, knocks target 1 block away or something. (idk what would be a fair idea for the second part in the skill.)"
So you say to @uin153 that he's pathetic for only defending his class, yet you're doing exactly the same thing, wanting to give yourself an advantage, as a knockback would just give you room to use your skills and leave the ninja with too big a gap to close. @alexhoff1

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Nerf Kick's silence to 3 seconds, that gives Casters 4 seconds afterwards to cast spells and such before the CD is up.

Remove Garrote's silence and replace it with an interrupt, but make it deal 50 more damage (for a total of 150 damage.)

Problem solved. Quit whining, Casters - Ninjas were designed specifically to kill you.

Fo0l3d

Glowstone
Why do you guys keep saying to nerf kick's silence... it's already 2.5 seconds. Also, nob0dy uses garrote because you have to be holding string which interrupts our flow of combat AND you have to be sneaking.

Remove silence from kick, change to interrupt, reduce damage to 50, cooldown to 5, stam cost to 4. I don't get why these ninjas are complaining, kick isn't even needed to kill wizards or casters in general. Escapeartist -> one -> envenom eviscerate -> GG.

Too many dumb ninjas defending an unnecessary crutch. Also blackjack needs to just be removed. Even against a warrior a proc or two is a win in any fight. Luck based skills too stupid.

Fo0l3d

Glowstone
Remove silence from kick, change to interrupt, reduce damage to 50, cooldown to 5, stam cost to 4. I don't get why these ninjas are complaining, kick isn't even needed to kill wizards or casters in general. Escapeartist -> one -> envenom eviscerate -> GG.

Too many dumb ninjas defending an unnecessary crutch. Also blackjack needs to just be removed. Even against a warrior a proc or two is a win in any fight. Luck based skills too stupid.

This explains why you have a negative K/D. If we were to use escape artist and one, we'd be left with 1 stamina bar, leaving us unable to sprint, so using one is completely redundant. Where do you think you'll get the extra 8 stamina bars to use envenom and eviscerate from after using escape artist and one?

BulkPhase

Obsidian

This just made me shit myself laughing. I like you standman but you just went full retard.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Rogue Specs < Warrior < Caster
Healer is somewhere in the mix -.-

My personal opinion is that dont nerf Ninja's skills, i mean they do 500 damage at the most with them. w/o armor. Nerf their damage a bit, because with that 500 + might is maybe 700 + hitting is already 1000
a slight nerf maybe to put them 10 damage above samurais, with a diamond sword.
Also BE SMART Wear armor you fools! even if you are a caster because IT hurt really bad to be one in the field w/o armor, vs' a bunch of ninjas.

And even if you are a caster, You are not supposed to have high chances of beating a rogue spec, you are supposed to fight against warriors, makes alot more sense, seeing as they do less damage to you.

So nerf dia swords to 110 or 100 damage. Gold 120 Iron 80 Stone 50 wood 30

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
That would just give casters a huge advantage and make it an unfair fight. With this, casters would become rogue-killers.

"good idea, though they already have interupters. I would much prefer knockback skills, or something of the sort.

I.E. kick - does 70 damage, knocks target 1 block away or something. (idk what would be a fair idea for the second part in the skill.)"
So you say to @uin153 that he's pathetic for only defending his class, yet you're doing exactly the same thing, wanting to give yourself an advantage, as a knockback would just give you room to use your skills and leave the ninja with too big a gap to close. @alexhoff1
You do realize how it takes 2-3 seconds to kill a caster atm, right?

A

alexhoff1

Didn't I say the point of the game is to have a CHANCE well fighting the other classes? That's why wizard has been nerfed.

wizard v.s. ninja - who wins? ... wizard doesn't get a decent chance in that fight. - hell, open up with garrote and the wizard is dead, 4 second silence? really?

for the 4th suggestion it basicly says no interupters.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
You do realize how it takes 2-3 seconds to kill a caster atm, right?
Rogues can kill casters quickly, but warriors can kill rogues easily, eg. A samurai disarms a ninja and uses bleed, in the 3 seconds that the ninja doesn't have a weapon the samurai can easily kill him, as it only takes about 6 hits from the samurais sword and the ninja is dead.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
The other day when I was a wizard, a ninja used Blitz, Eviscirate, and then hit me once, and I died.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Nerf Kick's silence to 3 seconds, that gives Casters 4 seconds afterwards to cast spells and such before the CD is up.

Remove Garrote's silence and replace it with an interrupt, but make it deal 50 more damage (for a total of 150 damage.)

Problem solved. Quit whining, Casters - Ninjas were designed specifically to kill you.
making garrotte an interruption would make it useless, you have to be invisible or sneaking to use it! If you want to interrupt a skill, then you're obviously already in combat, and seeing as sneak and smoke break on damage, how the hell would you be able to use garrote?