• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninjas need love, and other thoughts.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes. We all know warriors are tanks. I did not say give us 80+ HP. I was saying we need skills to help us out. Yes, smoke is an AMAZING skill. But our class cant just have that, since it is our level 50 move, takes all mana, and has a decent CD. It is also very easy to run away from, or counter. The skills I listed are for movement (since root and icebolt are our worst enemies) and mostly improved sword combat. Poison arrow gives us a chance at range (and not an OP kind) which I dont know how it will work now with 1.8 arrows. Can you make it go a certain distance when the skill is used? or does it need you to have a bow to charge the shot?

Howdan, I do not think you got the reason of this post. I was not asking for a tank. But for one, Samurai, is way too close to our attack, while still maintaining the HP, and armor of a warrior class. Their 10, against our 12, while we have low hp, and the max of leather armor. They also have an invuln move against us. Ninjas need a little quicker movement, and better skills to be able to use their agility and sneakyness to get a target. And hopefully stun them when they do (blackjack)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
But for one, Samurai, is way too close to our attack, while still maintaining the HP, and armor of a warrior class. Their 10, against our 12, while we have low hp, and the max of leather armor. They also have an invuln move against us.

Well, they actually only can wear leather armor, much like ninjas.

They can only wear iron pants

They do get full chain armor, but it's only SO good. And requires the need of an alchemist.

You make it sound like they have the defensive capibilities of a dragoon or paladin!

As for the ninja, I agree they need new skills. I'd like to see more practical skills. Perhaps a skill that makes a temporary vertical ladder (like, the ladders ppl craft appear on a wall you click on, vertically from top of such a wall to the bottom) that can be used inside regions (because it's a skill)

Then they REALLY can be ninjas!

Or perhaps a skill that makes them warp up one floor like a [LIFT]

I don't think they need more PVP abilities.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
More pvp abilities than smoke? Its really the only one we have........
Well, they actually only can wear leather armor, much like ninjas.

They can only wear iron pants

They do get full chain armor, but it's only SO good. And requires the need of an alchemist.

You make it sound like they have the defensive capibilities of a dragoon or paladin!

As for the ninja, I agree they need new skills. I'd like to see more practical skills. Perhaps a skill that makes a temporary vertical ladder (like, the ladders ppl craft appear on a wall you click on, vertically from top of such a wall to the bottom) that can be used inside regions (because it's a skill)

Then they REALLY can be ninjas!

Or perhaps a skill that makes them warp up one floor like a [LIFT]

I don't think they need more PVP abilities.

Iron isnt that expensive, and is crazy easy to find while digging. I get many stacks by the time I have a half a stack of gold. So, chainmail isnt that hard to get, specially if we do the conversion of pvp and crafters. Soooo, chainmail might get much better and easier to acquire. It seemed as if most of herocraft wanted the conversion.

And yes. Samurai do have a lot more hp then us, by about 20 I think. And they have a High attack. Warriors Low/Mid. The attack scale of spec'd warriors is 5,6,7,10. I think Samurai should get lowered attack to 8 so that they are in the Low/Mid attack range.

And, you dont think we need more pvp skills? We have one.... Smoke. With a decent CD and 100% mana use, that you get at level 50.... Blackjack is pointless as of now, safefall isnt a pvp skill, assassins blade is a rogue skill. Soo, I do not see your reasoning behind us having no more pvp skills.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
More pvp abilities than smoke? Its really the only one we have........

Iron isnt that expensive, and is crazy easy to find while digging. I get many stacks by the time I have a half a stack of gold. So, chainmail isnt that hard to get, specially if we do the conversion of pvp and crafters. Soooo, chainmail might get much better and easier to acquire. It seemed as if most of herocraft wanted the conversion.

And yes. Samurai do have a lot more hp then us, by about 20 I think. And they have a High attack. Warriors Low/Mid. The attack scale of spec'd warriors is 5,6,7,10. I think Samurai should get lowered attack to 8 so that they are in the Low/Mid attack range.

And, you dont think we need more pvp skills? We have one.... Smoke. With a decent CD and 100% mana use, that you get at level 50.... Blackjack is pointless as of now, safefall isnt a pvp skill, assassins blade is a rogue skill. Soo, I do not see your reasoning behind us having no more pvp skills.

When a rouge spec and a warrior spec get into a slap fight, the warrior is always going to win. If you suprise your samurai opponent, two hits and you will have closed the gap in HP, 12+12=24hp damage, so you will have 4 more HP before he even turns around! Then if you were to get into a slap fight you could smoke out and keep hitting him, or keep with the slapfighting, the samurai will fall.

I'm sorry you want to stand up to the warrior class that does the most damage and win. It doesn't work that way. Be more like a Ninja, and you'll do fine! :p

EDIT: hence why I say, get more practical/movement skills to get away.

Then sneak up on them and they will be toast. You aren't supposed to win a head on fight, you are a Ninja, you don't have spikey hair and shoot fireballs, you use stealth to bring death to ppl who are alot stronger than you.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
blackjack needs to do something imo, i havent used it yet because the proc rate is super low atm, imo it should be 100% chance to stun on next hit

edit: pretty sure it was originally 100% chance to proc back when hp was normal, and it was super op then, but with health changes it needs to be changed back to 100% for it to be a good ability.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
blackjack needs to do something imo, i havent used it yet because the proc rate is super low atm, imo it should be 100% chance to stun on next hit

edit: pretty sure it was originally 100% chance to proc back when hp was normal, and it was super op then, but with health changes it needs to be changed back to 100% for it to be a good ability.

I'd be happy with 50-75% It's sad to see a good skill be nerf'd to uselessness. I personally think the damage for ninja's diamond sword should be 14(like gold), then gold swords should do 15 (16 is way too good :p)

That way there is a difference in sword damage from theif to ninja.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
i think ninja need back stab instead of blackjack. so thieves can get a passive pickpocket ability.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
i think ninja need back stab instead of blackjack. so thieves can get a passive pickpocket ability.
Something like this really needs to happen because thieves aren't thieves atm

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
^ This is about ninjas -.- Thread hijackers! lol

But yeah, thieves too. They are pretty much ninjas, that have backstab instead of smoke right? They do not fit their name. How about some skill that only lets you steal from lower levels, so if you hit level 50, you are safe from theives, or if you are a low level thief, you cant do much

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not intentionally hijacking the thread it was just brought up so I was putting in my 2 cents.

but ninja's are getting back flip in the future.

High jump that leaps backwards a short distance

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
P.S. Dragoons need to learn to share. I even posted on a thief skill suggestion that they should have a form of smoke, because it fit their character. Stop being so greedy. Just my 2 cents.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I am a dragoon D: and not just posting about dragoon stuff D:
and i heard about the backflip from the horses mouth. (Kainzo)
While discussing the recent dragoon changes and future plans.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Ninjas are superior swordsmen, that use ninja stars, bows, and poison darts to get the easy assassinations. Ninjas usually sneak up, but can hold their own in a confrontation. Jump is not pvp, poison dart would be nice to hit someone from a distance if you snuck up on them. Blackjack just stops runners.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
yes but the jump allows you to sneak up from higher places now instead of just from the ground

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Ninjas are all about sneaking up from where ever. Watch any ninja movie, I have been XD They all jump like crazy