• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninjas need love, and other thoughts.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Made my day

Thanks Stongholdx, it just really is pointless to complain, you have a dot, you have a chance stun, you have invis. Every skill you listed has a PvP use, but you think because their small, their worthless. Hell toss them over to me, i'd love to have them.

c12095

Holy Shit!
^ c10whatevernumbers hate people like you. My class doesnt have much, so no one else should have skills. Think you need more skills? Then do what I am doing. Make some suggestions!

And to stronghold, yeah I know what you are talking about, but try to figure some things out with your giant spoon, or think of more skills. I dont agree that a class that makes sense to have a certain skill, shouldnt have it to keep another spec "unique"

You do realize im not saying, "NO DRAGOONS FIRST!!!!!" I'm saying be happy you have spells to use in combat, don't complain that their so bad untill you really see how useful they are from the other side.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Heh, It's just my $0.02

One thing I DID see was a backwards flip thing on annother post that funtions sorta like jump, I think you'd like it. basically it shoots you backwards and up (short backwards jump) but rotates your point of view so you are always looking at the ground. Thus, in a chase you can effectivly jump behind your attacker while attacking him all the while. Let me find the post, sec

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Here it is

Ninja Flip:

An improved jump that not only launches the player 2-3 blocks forward, but also 2-4 upwards. Ideally the skill would also rotate the players viewpoint so that they would always be looking at the ground while in the air.
The idea being that in combat Ninja's could flip over opponents but maintain their attacks in outrageously cool fashion.

I'd also guess that it'd have a fast cooldown and a moderate mana use per flip.

Credit goes to @RedKhan

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Now, children, let's everyone calm the fuck down. No need to turn this discussion into class warfare... well, more than it already is.

I still love the idea of unique skills, since it seems to give each class a more defined reason to choose it. Personally I'd be unhappy if the Paladin skill Layhands was given to clerics just because it's a healing skill and it "makes sense" for them to have it. By that logic I'd probably have group heal or something similar, because I'm a healing class too, just... from a different path. Skills like jump are offered as good incentive to become a particular spec if you're interested in that skill.

For jump in particular, let's compare the type of jumping ninjas do to the type of jumping dragoons do. Normally ninjas are seen doing parkour style acrobatics, jumping from building to building, not usually extremely far jumps. Dragoons however, are able to jump very high directly into the air, and typically, on the next turn, fall to the ground to deal extra damage to the opponent. That's the kind of jump that was coded into heroes.

If ninja were to get any type of jump, I'd suggest giving it less range, but a smaller cooldown/mana cost.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Now, children, let's everyone calm the fuck down. No need to turn this discussion into class warfare... well, more than it already is.
Yeah I was getting that vibe too, I dont want to make people mad over nothing. Thus is why I suggested the ninja flip. I even like it

EDIT: My 600th post!!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Get on over to the Dragoon thread and add some stuff, C. ;) Ninjas could be more fun to use, and there's no reason to stifle the possibilities of a class based on one player's opinion.

Right?

EDIT: Guess what? I got ninja'd. Aerokii is, of course, right. Excepting that Jump is merely a normal jump but moreso, using a combination of abilities Heroes can utilize to produce that effect. Not so much the FF-style leaps. It sounds like SuperJump will remedy that situation, though, so I'm not complaining about that.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Get on over to the Dragoon thread and add some stuff, C. ;) Ninjas could be more fun to use, and there's no reason to stifle the possibilities of a class based on one player's opinion.

Right?

EDIT: Guess what? I got ninja'd. Aerokii is, of course, right. Excepting that Jump is merely a normal jump but moreso, using a combination of abilities Heroes can utilize to produce that effect. Not so much the FF-style leaps. It sounds like SuperJump will remedy that situation, though, so I'm not complaining about that.

True! I was going with just the inspiration for what dragoons were supposed to do- specifically the FF style jumping, since I know Kainzo's a big FF4 fan (also known as USA FF2). If Dragoons get super jump, I'd have no issue with ninja getting the regular equivalent.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Personally I think that if Ninjas were to get some form of the jump ability it should not be as good as the dragoon jump due to the fact that the whole point in a dragoon is maneuverability where as the the current design for ninja is high damage and sneaky.

Lol c12095 there is absolutley nothing wrong with suggesting things for your class. I dont know why you are spending the time bashing this when you could be posting suggestions about dragoons. If you have fantastic! Theres not reason to bash someone for wanting more skills for their class.

Danda im pretty sure kris said that it would be like the dragoon jump not equivalent to it. Your would still be superior.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I think dragoons should get a higher jump, like more FF Dragoons, with a decent distance of attack. I think ninjas shouldnt jump high, just have a jump that will fling them a few blocks forwards.

I feel with "super jump" Idk where this is, or what it does, has it been announced or is it a suggestion? it would need an added safefall feature for a second or two, as to not hurt yourself while using it.

And C12095, Take Blackjack, Ill tell you, you will use it once or twice, then realize it never works, or if it does, it doesnt last long enough to support a 45% mana use. Why use a skill that utterly wastes mana? I have never fought a ninja that actually used it.

Go be productive and fight for your class, and not fight against other classes because we want more skills. "We need more skills!" Isnt going to get you anywhere with the staff or coders. They dont have to think up everything, we have a large force of people that can think of skills to use, and come up with a huge list. Then if Kainzo likes a few, he can work on getting it implemented.

Stronghold, That sounds pretty cool, and I dont know how possible it is as I am not a coder. I saw some parkour mod that would be sick, but its just that, a mod, which we cant require everyone install, and let only a few use it. Otherwise I would have gone the Parkour style of making ninjas more nimble.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, I've been a master ninja for a while now, and although I do think we need plenty more skills, I don't think we are that underpowered. Maybe It's just my lag, but put me in a 1v1 battle versus any warrior, there's a strong chance I'll win. With a gold sword, I can take on a samurai or a dreadknight. As long as I use smoke at the right time to avoid bladegrasp, I can get the upper hand. BG only lasts 5 secs, therefore I can wait for them to cast it and smoke up and wait it out.

BUT, I agree blackjack is a stupid skill. I almost don't want it because it's useless. It's like the placeholder for the skill that we need. The ninja leap sounds great, and poison dart sounds good to me as well, but I love smoke, and I hope we always have it because it's our only unique skill and I destroy in pvp when I get to use it.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think dragoons should get a higher jump, like more FF Dragoons, with a decent distance of attack. I think ninjas shouldnt jump high, just have a jump that will fling them a few blocks forwards.

I feel with "super jump" Idk where this is, or what it does, has it been announced or is it a suggestion? it would need an added safefall feature for a second or two, as to not hurt yourself while using it.
Super Jump was confirmed by Kainzo as coming to Herocraft in a couple different places, here on the forums and I think on the redmine page or something. Haven't heard much about it recently, though. It's basically a bigger, more vertical Jump from my understanding.

Demonxman

Obsidian
yea, these ideas would make a ninja much better. assassinsblade is damn near fucking worthless.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
*crosses fingers* We need something for 2.7. We have been left out for a long time

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, we pretty much have smoke and assassins blade (which is a rogue skill)

Pretty much it goes like this. Use Sneak and assassins blade before the fight. Wait for mana to get back to 100, then during the fight, use smoke, if they dont all just run, then you can get a good attack or two before they are hitting you again. It's bad that we are 100% up close, with 2 more attack than a samurai, but with few skills, less armor, and less hp.

I personally think these are good ideas, and will make ninjas a bit better. As of right now, we have to rely on our 1 skill, smoke, which takes all of our mana to use. We are definatly lacking.

Just wanted to revive this thread since 2.7.3 is just starting. Maybe give Kainzo or a coder an idea for Ninjas.

Demonxman

Obsidian
yea, as a ninja I would like some skills. also I would like to add that the poison doesn't work all the time.... idk.

Demonxman

Obsidian
I disagree with the OP. Ninjas are not supposed to be tanks. Warriors are.
OP isn't saying they should be tanks, op is saying we need more skills cause we GOT NOTHING! all we have is smoke, that's it. I agree with us getting some attack skills because the only one we have is not really an attack skill its a poison. wow... poison, that decided a battle against a warrior....