• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninjas need love, and other thoughts.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Ninjas are superior swordsmen,

In real life. No they are not.

EDIT: For details

Ninjas were just pesants who rose up against their oppressive rulers. They used whatever they had at their disposal. Hence why they use dirty tricks and stealth to win, because in a one on one confrontation with a samurai they would die hands down. Some of them didn't even have swords.

In this respect I think the HC ninjas are too powerful in PVP already, however in the way the game balances I don't think they should lose any of their attack power/skills.

You should be happy with what you have so far, and prey it isn't taken away from you. They deserve utility movement skills and nothing more. To make them better in one on one pvp with samurais or other rogues is absurd. They should have trouble killing dragoons and dreadknights in up front fights too. They SHOULD be a stealth pvp class. Meaning without stealth you should be at a serious disadvantage.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
^ That. Otherwise, Dragoons never existed, be happy that the even exist in this game, let alone have skills.

But we have no superior movement except sneak, which is just a stealthy way to move, but gives no superior movement at all. Ninjas also used many different weapons, I put some skills into my updated list to reflect the weapons they used. Such as the black egg, and the kusarigama. The kusarigama was used IRL to give ninjas the upper hand against armored people, by allowing them to keep a distance and still be deadly.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it'll be much easier to give them some love when minecraft full is released too, such as a bonus for dual-wielding swords (Jeb/Notch have both talked about having such an ability) .

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I have listed quite a few skills that can be put in besides duel weapons. All are viable options, and im not asking for all, just to get us going on skills.

Trying to be proactive, rather than just saying "We need more skills Kainzo!"

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
^ That. Otherwise, Dragoons never existed, be happy that the even exist in this game, let alone have skills.[/quote

Dragoons are cavalry equipped with firearms. Herocraft seems to have translated it into "Dragon" or something similar, as there would be no way a real Dragoon could acquire jumping abilities.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragoons are cavalry equipped with firearms. Herocraft seems to have translated it into "Dragon" or something similar, as there would be no way a real Dragoon could acquire jumping abilities.
I was gonna say that, but I thought I'd refrain. The HC idea of a Dragoon is derived from the Final Fantasy series, and perhaps particularly FFIV. In that context, they are indeed high-jumping spearmen.

Of course, now we need skills inspired by gunplay.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
The other blackjack thread got some feedback from Kainzo, I put something about blackjack on here.... I hope a coder or Kainzo actually looks at it. Has plenty of good ideas, etc for skills and everything else