• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New User Experience Feedback:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We need to keep the Tutorial in date just like the Wiki, and maybe for the how skills work, have little {Tutorial} rooms where it temporarly changes you into that class with some wands with a skill binded and a few mobs. Hopefully if they got the concept of right clicking for binds they could get a demo of how the skills work >.<
Wont work unless they go to a new server though, changing them to those classes would mess with the hero-data.

RagingDragon5

Portal
We need to revamp the tutorial completely.

There's so much missing and its not anyone one person's fault. We need a more indepth guide in the tutorial to show how skills work, etc.

So we can spend man hours updating the current ones signs - or redesign it. @sct really wanted to weigh in on some of this :)

Only other thing I can think of is a /book command, which basically has all the info needed. Most people don't want to look at the wiki, and they lose interest in the tutorial world fairly fast since it is kind of long. With the /book command you can go to the parts you want to know.

/book
  • This would be the main book and it will show the list of commands to all the other books
THen we can have /book residents, /book towns, /book subregions. etc.

This would take a lot of work, so I'm not suggesting 1 person doing it. I suggest that the senior guide gives each guide a book to write and spread them out equally, so it won't be a toll on 1 person.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I would encourage all [USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP] to suggest hc.to/gettingstarted to new players after you've established a connection and answered initial questions.

This IS a complex server, and the Getting Started guide provides a much more comprehensive introduction to the server than can be offered in chat in game.

@Kainzo perhaps the Getting Started guide content could be used as a starting point for /books.

Northac

Obsidian
I've seen three separate book comments here, i think that would be a great idea. I know when i first started and the tutorial island was up to date i went through and was still wondering about stuff. And a book with basic commands would still be helpful in case you forget them. (Which has happened to me a few times). So id say go with that.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would encourage all [USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] to suggest hc.to/gettingstarted to new players after you've established a connection and answered initial questions.

This IS a complex server, and the Getting Started guide provides a much more comprehensive introduction to the server than can be offered in chat in game.

@Kainzo perhaps the Getting Started guide content could be used as a starting point for /books.
Someone needs to WRITE the getting-started into a MINECRAFT bookformat and we'll add it as a starting item - whos up for it? [USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=41]@Wiki Team[/USERGROUP]
using this format:
https://github.com/chaseoes/FirstJoinPlus/blob/master/src/main/resources/rules.txt

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
Someone needs to WRITE the getting-started into a MINECRAFT bookformat and we'll add it as a starting item - whos up for it? [USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41]@Wiki Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

I can give it a go. Also where do I write it? In the forums or notepad? I do feel like writing the other books as well may help out a lot. It would be a team effort though.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Someone needs to WRITE the getting-started into a MINECRAFT bookformat and we'll add it as a starting item - whos up for it? [USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41]@Wiki Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
using this format:
https://github.com/chaseoes/FirstJoinPlus/blob/master/src/main/resources/rules.txt
I can give it a go. Also where do I write it? In the forums or notepad? I do feel like writing the other books as well may help out a lot. It would be a team effort though.
If you need help Raging I'll gladly help out :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Below is the format
&bOur Rules
chaseoes
This is the first page!

&lPlease read our rules!
/newpage
This is page 2 of the book!
/newpage
Wow, page 3 of the book!

Have you tried &acolor codes&0?

Squid_bot

Legacy Supporter 4
I believe Ahrall has already released his first guide video, I am trying to get together with him to produce more of these in the future. I'll try keep you updated, @Ahrall

Fenyll

Wood
After 3 days of playing I got some observations:
1. Mining - it is hard to mine, when most of map is strip mined. Maybe some sort of ore respawn should be implemented?
2. Money - earning money is a pain in the back. When you demand 500 souls for locking a chest and 1200 souls for plot, maybe mob drops should be worth more then 10 souls?
3.Trade - there definitely should be admin- managed shop where you can sell your ores and staff. It can be set to be used only by new players, for ex. to crafter lvl 20.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
After 3 days of playing I got some observations:
1. Mining - it is hard to mine, when most of map is strip mined. Maybe some sort of ore respawn should be implemented?
It can be hard at some points but it's not as hard as you think. They also expand the map every month or 2, so unmined areas will come.
2. Money - earning money is a pain in the back. When you demand 500 souls for locking a chest and 1200 souls for plot, maybe mob drops should be worth more then 10 souls?
You get money by selling souls from mining, as your main money maker. But tbh, mob drops are fine imo. They are the best they have been since Dragonguard. Plus the fact that you can get rare weapons as a drop which can sell between 50s-2k depending on enchants. Also Relic 5's will sell for 200-300s depending on the demand for that class.
3.Trade - there definitely should be admin- managed shop where you can sell your ores and staff. It can be set to be used only by new players, for ex. to crafter lvl 20.
That would make money way to easy imo. In one mining trip you can make plenty of ore. Plus making it for crafters only, could be exploited by people just refusing to switch so they can sell the ores for money basically.

Thanks for your opinion though man :D Glad to see someone that is thinking how the server could be better :p

Northac

Obsidian
Before releasing the help book, the contents should be put in a thread (this one should be fine) so that the community can make suggestions on anything you guys may not have thought of.

Love the fact you guys are already working on this too.

Fenyll

Wood
"That would make money way to easy imo. In one mining trip you can make plenty of ore. Plus making it for crafters only, could be exploited by people just refusing to switch so they can sell the ores for money basically."

I was rather thinking just about level cap restriction - after certain level you could not sell to that shop.

Good idea for your help book would be a chapter with list of items that players often buy, ( i got a lot of relics and dont know what to do with them)and maybe a list of usual prices so new players could know if older players dont exploit there lack of knowladge