• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Profession [Merchant]

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think they should be able to make shops for other people but they get the xp for anything bought from that shop.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think they should be able to make shops for other people
I helped fix that initially last map.
Tyronus is it really a good idea to give someone the ability to make a stick shop in another players name that buys sticks for 1000c?

GraRona

Portal
I helped fix that initially last map.
Tyronus is it really a good idea to give someone the ability to make a stick shop in another players name that buys sticks for 1000c?

Danda is right. That system is easily exploited.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Danda is right. That system is easily exploited.
Not that I did it as a Joke to IDKHowtoplay last map <.< >.>
(gave him the money back right away of course :p)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Love this, but when can they start to make them, lvl 50? And what would be if any the specs of this class.
you miss understand.
Merchant is a spec of crafter

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I asked the creator of chest shop plugin for something like this and a few other things, he is looking into it. AND btw says its possible! and this was a month or more back so this may be almost ready.

exp for selling goods in chest shops would be very exploitable if two merchants just kept selling goods back and forth between each other.

something however, that would be very neat would be if merchants had the ability to see a log of transactions to/from their money balance. (basically see what has been traded since last time they logged on) This could also apply to sales to/from their shops.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I like the Crafter Chest shop only idea, as in

1. I like the tiered level for shops per item.
2. I'm a huge fan of the cost per shop setup and 50% refund when destroyed currently in use and I think it should continue.
3. being able to sell junk for trival amounts of coin would be fun.
4. Black market idea is interesting, it would need a random failure rate, so people trying to get high end items would sometimes just loose out... (what you mean I got a block of dirt I ordered a glowstone!!!) dam you Ebay!
5. sorting transactions for day per sales and purchases. (ive had days where this feature would be so helpful when I've bought and sold 10k and had to search for what it was, (dam you wool sellers!)

6. I got more I need to think.

BUT, not a huge fan on instant transfers from inv. I smell exploits and issues, and server looses out forcing people to travel, aka unhappy pk players...

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
Is it possible to charge coin with a skill?
My Idea is Coin Toss a weak attack that charges the merchant coins and it slows its target confusing them.
Longer slow at higher levels and costs more money to perform. Maybe at 50 have Coin fury which throws coins in all directions confusing all enemies around you and slowing them.
This gives a small bonus to the player picking merchant as a crafter class for a small slow to get away if they have items they were selling in town and get jumped.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
My Idea is Coin Toss a weak attack that charges the merchant coins and it slows its target confusing them.
Longer slow at higher levels and costs more money to perform. Maybe at 50 have Coin fury which throws coins in all directions confusing all enemies around you and slowing them.
This gives a small bonus to the player picking merchant as a crafter class for a small slow to get away if they have items they were selling in town and get jumped.
While I like the idea I feel that crafters should be just that and have little to no combat utility.

c12095

Holy Shit!

Zombies, spiders, skeletons, creepers, and endermen dont care for coins. They want your soul! :mad:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Merchants aren't combat classes, they will not have an 'attack' or combat style role

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
wars get disarm and rogues sneak, maybe something of similar "power", woodcutting or something, though I'd say crafters would get that not at lvl1 but higher.
That skill scales as they level up.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
How about kind of a gamble for merchants?
They could either get something that they can make a button that charges you money when you press it so they can make dispensers slot machines,
or some kind of a raffle system, unlocked at higher levels.
They could make money with it and it would add more fun :D

What do you think?