• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Nerf Smite

Lil122j

Stone
Smite needs no nerf. While yes it is VERY annoying, aren't there so many other skills like that?
I am a DK and I have been attacked by a few smite users. (The disciple ran to a safezone -.-)
Manafreeze kills the problem forcing your opponent to die or run to a no-pvp zone.

Everyone who is suggesting ways to nerf Disciple so they are more 'killable' have all chosen melee classes.

Go get a ranger or a Caster. Double team the guy. Use your heads.

The whole point of this argument is that, x disciples are inherently stronger than x(insert class here). Adding more people is not a valid contribution to the discussion.

Victory should be caused by how well you play, not what class you are. If we all thought that we just needed more people then why change anything at all? Give dragoons back their godly stam regen, give paladins full diamond, give DKs back 20 block 6s drainsoul, and let geomancers one-shot people with chain lightning again. The whole point of balance is to make it so that you don't have to outnumber somebody, rather outskill them.

Head used.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
The whole point of this argument is that, x disciples are inherently stronger than x(insert class here). Adding more people is not a vlaid contribution to the discussion.

Victory should be caused by how well you play, not what class you are. If we all thought that we just needed more people then why change anything at all? Give dragoons back their godly stam regen, give paladins full diamond, give DKs back 20 block 6s drainsoul, and let geomancers one-shot people with chain lightning again. The whole point of balance is to make it so that you don't have to outnumber somebody, rather outskill them.

Head used.
Using that logic, changing to a different class to better situate yourself in an attempt to kill the disciple isn't skill?
I'm not saying that you should HAVE to change your class to kill a disciple, but disciples aren't strong. The only thing that's good about them is that they can kite very easily and survive. I'm sure this was intended.

Changing your class to something else should be about wanting to enjoy that set of skills not about an inability to fight another class. It does not take skill to type /hero choose /hero confirm.

You have made no effort to prove that disciples are not strong. I have clearly proven the value of kiting. I agree that forcepush is a core mechanic for them to be able to kite. Where I disagree is that disciples should have more of a tradeoff between the abilty to kite and the ability to do damage. Rangers pay for their ability to kite by being slowed during bow pull and having a chance for their cc to flat miss. Disciples kiting ability is even stronger and cannot miss. Moreover, they have healing with which they can recover hp during combat. On top of all of this, diciples have the largest health pool in the game when you add reborn into the mix.

Now, you provide counterpoints, defend yourself with facts rather than statements.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think that range on smite should be nerfed. hell nerf clerics and disciples period.. they wont get off my lawn and that chakra and dispell breaks all my dots. They really need to give us necromancers Unheal back so we can make these so called Holy undead destroyer classes explode!

Changing your class to something else should be about wanting to enjoy that set of skills not about an inability to fight another class. It does not take skill to type /hero choose /hero confirm.

You have made no effort to prove that disciples are not strong. I have clearly proven the value of kiting. I agree that forcepush is a core mechanic for them to be able to kite. Where I disagree is that disciples should have more of a tradeoff between the abilty to kite and the ability to do damage. Rangers pay for their ability to kite by being slowed during bow pull and having a chance for their cc to flat miss. Disciples kiting ability is even stronger and cannot miss. Moreover, they have healing with which they can recover hp during combat. On top of all of this, diciples have the largest health pool in the game when you add reborn into the mix.

Now, you provide counterpoints, defend yourself with facts rather than statements.
FACT 1: Disciples cannot win against a well placed kick, or manafreeze. Whether they like it or not.

FACT 2: Rangers can fucking two shot rogues. Disciples can't.

FACT 3: Whether disciples like it or not, they have to get up close and personal to do damage otherwise their opponent will simply retreat.

FACT 4: You say you're supporting skill yet you are now saying that the ability to kite is superior to everything. IS KITING NOT SKILL?

FACT 5: This is a horrible suggestion, seriously.

The disciple isn't meant to do insane damage like the dreadknight or tank everything, the disciple is a very balanced class you're just making it seem op. On the topic of the smite nerf, just suck it up. "But it's annoying to get hit from that far, it feels too powerful :[" Smite doesn't do insane damage, it was probably your imagination. Again, the third time I have seen such a selfish suggestion, trying to bring people down to your level. I hate that, immaturity at it's finest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

FACT 1: Disciples cannot win against a well placed kick, or manafreeze. Whether they like it or not.

FACT 2: Rangers can fucking two shot rogues. Disciples can't.

FACT 3: Whether disciples like it or not, they have to get up close and personal to do damage otherwise their opponent will simply retreat.

FACT 4: You say you're supporting skill yet you are now saying that the ability to kite is superior to everything. IS KITING NOT SKILL?

FACT 5: This is a horrible suggestion, seriously.

The disciple isn't meant to do insane damage like the dreadknight or tank everything, the disciple is a very balanced class you're just making it seem op. On the topic of the smite nerf, just suck it up. "But it's annoying to get hit from that far, it feels too powerful :[" Smite doesn't do insane damage, it was probably your imagination. Again, the third time I have seen such a selfish suggestion, trying to bring people down to your level. I hate that, immaturity at it's finest.
Who are you?!

1.Not all classes have kick or manafreeze.

2.Rangers can miss and it is very subject to server lag.

3.They do not have to get up close, that is the point of this thread. They can smite->forcepush->goto smite. Should the enemy attempt run, you can forcepull. Moreover should any class be forced to retreat from another purely because of what class they are? That game is called rock, paper, scissors and isn't very fun if I may opine so far.

4. Kiting requires little skill when it consists of point and cast. There is no prediction and little terrain navigation in disciple kiting.

5. The format is bad but the complaint has merit. Adding seriously to your statement does not add emphasis, it is verbal static.

I will overlook your name calling as it is irrelevant. The point is not how much damage it does but how it supports a one sided engagements when combined with forcepush. This is not a selfish suggestion, I have no problems fighting disciples.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is that manafreeze and kick don't have the range smite and forcepull have. I can't "Get close to close to them" when I get up to them and I get force pushed away giving the disciple time to regen everything. If they kite when they are low they can keep force pushing and healing and by the time I get up to them I have half health from smite and force push and they are full health because they can heal. Banana has provided some solutions but it is hard to implement them because of lag and such. Alternatively you can add range to kick and manafreeze and other skills of the sort but that would be op this is really a tough situations which is why in the first post I really just said "nerf smite" because I couldn't really come up with a way to nerf it. After 5 posts on here I did realize that force push is the real problem I posted stating that but the forums are so patty for me I might barely get this post up. It will probes say "server did not respond in time" for me lol

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Smite's range has been lowered to around 4/5 blocks for Disciples, and I have switched classes.

Possibly another time I'll try a class before it gets shat on.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Why did they nerf force push and pull? These are core to a disciples survivability. They were key skills in breaking standoffs and wall staring contests. These are not what this thread was about.

Did anyone even bother placing these changes on the test server and playing with them?

teddytazer

Soulsand
Those disciplines got nerfed barely. they still can force push u off a 10 high hill and instant kill. or perhaps force pull u off a cliff with them as they safe fall to safety. then theres the fist fights... who can beat a disciple hand to hand? reducing the range only hurts the people who were using disciplines for the reasons the powers were nerfed.