• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Proper Suggestions.

While viewing the forums I have come across a lot of 'sub-par' suggestions which weren't so much horrible ideas, just explained and layed out pretty bad. Now you might say "Well there is already a sticky post on suggesting what you should suggest". So I say "Well! People still don't know how to make it legible!"

There are a lot of things you should keep in mind when you make a suggestion:

-First off; You need to have correct spelling. There is nothing more unattractive than mediocre spelling and bad grammar.

-Second; Make it persuasive. Nobody wants to hear you say that another class is op and the one you're making a suggestion on is "SO UNDERPOWERED THAT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING".

-Third; Have a sense of balance. This is especially when suggesting a new mechanic, move or class. You can't just suggest something that make the opposing player feel useless.

-Fourth; Have accurate information. This should be common sense, having wrong information can lead to headaches and poor replies.

-Fifth and finally; Have a layout! Nobody want's to see ten to twelve lines of white text asking "Pleasepleaseplease Kainzo make this real pleasplease."

A good example of a layout would be something smooth and easy to look at, basically if you're squinting at your suggestion you did it wrong. Here is a good example. Here is a bad example.

Dazureus' suggestion was very well executed. It had shown maturity and professionalism, while staying soft on the eyes and giving something to talk about in the replies. There shouldn't be an exact layout for what the suggestions should look like, it should be your imagination and ideas that make a good suggestion and that's what people will love the most.

While FlippinTuna's was just a paragraph of complaining about the opposing class. His suggestion wasn't explained well enough and it just made the replies rage at each other. The text was unappealing and nothing he said made me want to feel sympathy for his suggestion. Topics like these are the bane of herocraft suggestions.

TL;DR?
Too bad, read it all.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
This^ x So Much

I am tired of reading suggestions that are a paragraph (But I can't say I haven't done it myself) that usually leave a flame war. I support this.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
you say TL;DR alot lol

Here's me: Let the idiots respond with a jackass post so everyone can trash them for not reading the OP.

But yeah, I agree, well structure posts and good spelling. Also random flaming because "You got killed by a Paladin therefore they're OP"

That's the worst possible reason you could use to buff your own class.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While viewing the forums I have come across a lot of 'sub-par' suggestions which weren't so much horrible ideas, just explained and layed out pretty bad. Now you might say "Well there is already a sticky post on suggesting what you should suggest". So I say "Well! People still don't know how to make it legible!"

There are a lot of things you should keep in mind when you make a suggestion:

-First off; You need to have correct spelling. There is nothing more unattractive than mediocre spelling and bad grammar.

-Second; Make it persuasive. Nobody wants to hear you say that another class is op and the one you're making a suggestion on is "SO UNDERPOWERED THAT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING".

-Third; Have a sense of balance. This is especially when suggesting a new mechanic, move or class. You can't just suggest something that make the opposing player feel useless.

-Fourth; Have accurate information. This should be common sense, having wrong information can lead to headaches and poor replies.

-Fifth and finally; Have a layout! Nobody want's to see ten to twelve lines of white text asking "Pleasepleaseplease Kainzo make this real pleasplease."

A good example of a layout would be something smooth and easy to look at, basically if you're squinting at your suggestion you did it wrong. Here is a good example. Here is a bad example.

Dazureus' suggestion was very well executed. It had shown maturity and professionalism, while staying soft on the eyes and giving something to talk about in the replies. There shouldn't be an exact layout for what the suggestions should look like, it should be your imagination and ideas that make a good suggestion and that's what people will love the most.

While FlippinTuna's was just a paragraph of complaining about the opposing class. His suggestion wasn't explained well enough and it just made the replies rage at each other. The text was unappealing and nothing he said made me want to feel sympathy for his suggestion. Topics like these are the bane of herocraft suggestions.

TL;DR?
Too bad, read it all.
what's your IGN?

Why would you think your getting banned? A shread of guilt perhaps?
OH, no I figured that commenting about a past thread that I was hasty in was "OK-I'VE-HAD-IT" material.

Also Kainzo, I haven't been on recently. I share a computer with another person who plays on this server so I just make forum posts.. Preferably I inhabit the suggestions.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, there are times when I'm not on the server for periods because my computer fucked up. I still get on my forums with my phone. It's a rare occurrence, but I feel ya Mellow.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Mellow I love you and thanks for the good vibes. I actually began doing a thread like this (Suggestions on how to make a Suggestion) a few days back but I couldn't finish it off.