• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Nerf Smite

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Smite needs to be nerfed because it has too much of a range. If someone runs at a disciple all they have to do is smite, forcepush, heal ( if they took any damage) and repeat. They can even throw an iron fist in there if they would like. I am a DK and I can't even imagine what its like fighting a disciple as a closer range class like a thief.
Smites range should be moved to 5-7 blocks imo.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Smite range is sick. I experienced standing on a 20 block high wall then get smited down by a Cleric standing on the ground. That makes no sense, it's like a weaker fireball just that it never miss.

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
What the hell? Thats the only attack skill for some healers and your wanting to destroy that? Maybe nerf the block distance but not the damage.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Ironfist takes a lot of stamina, aswell as Forcepush/Pull. The stamina costs only allow us to use about 3/4 and then be out.

Learn to use the skill manafreeze, all Healers DO have a resource to use their skills off of. It's not like an infinite pool of smiting. Tank some smites, make them waste their mana. Chakra also takes a lot of mana so if someone Chakras off your DoTs, manafreeze them.

Smite range is a bit high, but the damage is fine. Also a tip with Disciples, stay on low ground. Don't be an idiot and follow them up a mountain.

Might I also add Fireblast has the same range, etc. as smite. (I think.)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
What the hell? Thats the only attack skill for some healers and your wanting to destroy that? Maybe nerf the block distance but not the damage.
Not the damage, but the sick range (20+ blocks). It's fine, but it's really annoying standing faaar above someone and then get smited down.

Ironfist takes a lot of stamina, aswell as Forcepush/Pull. The stamina costs only allow us to use about 3/4 and then be out.

Learn to use the skill manafreeze, all Healers DO have a resource to use their skills off of. It's not like an infinite pool of smiting. Tank some smites, make them waste their mana. Chakra also takes a lot of mana so if someone Chakras off your DoTs, manafreeze them.

Smite range is a bit high, but the damage is fine. Also a tip with Disciples, stay on low ground. Don't be an idiot and follow them up a mountain.

Might I also add Fireblast has the same range, etc. as smite. (I think.)
Everything is fine with the skill except the sick range, if the range is nerfed to 5-7 blocks Smite will be fine.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
just because u don't like how a disciple can chakra off your DOT's give no credibility to you at all. disciples are in a very good place right now---- balanced. don't try to fuck with classes just to give yourself an advantage

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I can say that Disciples are a little OP, mostly because even with kick I can't get close enough because it appears that whenever I get within range I get forcepushed. When I start coming back, the time taken to get there is lengthened because of smite, so by the time I get to the Disciple I get forcepushed again. All the Disciple has to do is kite. Even as a bard with Quicken, it's still hard to get within range to kick or icyaura.

B

Bingy1218

Look disciples can kite your asses around IMO but if thats the case dont be kited don't be stupid and follow us around head back work out a new way to get closer or even get distance depending on your class than constantly running at us all the time. If you run and we force pull u use that to your advantage to get closer switch around and own them just dont complain about being kited around.

Smite is fine, the problem here is forcepush. But the only way to properly nerf forcepush is to punish smite. :/

Kiting stems from all class having the same base move speed and many have no mobility. As such, creating distance holds much value because you can maintain it forever. Both the disciple's damage and their kiting take no more skill than placing your cursor over the enemy and pressing a bind. The ranger class is designed around being able to kite and they have less kiting power due to the fact that they use projectiles. Forcepush is instant and creates a massive kiting cushion. The skill should either gets some sort of projectile or have a tweak such that there is some melee combat involved between each push. Unfortunately both options suck.

Having a projectile makes forcepush a skill that is not guaranteed and requires the player kited be less skilled as to let it happen to them. On the other hand, we could end up with the same problem that all projectiles have. When the server slows down projectiles become sad and somewhat useless. I feel that forcepush is too core to the disciples survivability to make it useless on the whim of the lag gods.

Giving forcepush a longer cooldown just prolongs the fight as they will run away at the same speed as you while their skill ticks down. The same applies to reducing forcepush's magnitude.

I hate to say it, but the best way to keep them from kiting forever is to reducing the range at which they can do damage other than forcepush. Smite needs either a range nerf or disciples need a different skill that creates a tradeoff between doing damage, and kiting.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Everyone who is suggesting ways to nerf Disciple so they are more 'killable' have all chosen melee classes.

Go get a ranger or a Caster. Double team the guy. Use your heads.

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
You do know that the vertical and horizontal length is different right? As my only attack move as a level 19 disciple, I think this is a rather ridiculous nerf and would render me useless.

You may be thinking about people that are last leveled, but for the disciples that are underleveled and are training with that smite and GRINDING (FOREVER) with smite don't want to get up close and personal with a zombie or endermen.

This is like suggesting arrows should disappear after 15 blocks.. seriously guys..

F.Y.I. : It's length is less than 12 blocks.