• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancers

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Well... its not correct. The Caster IS the epicenter of the spell and it extends 6 blocks of the casters reach... end of story
So its a weak AoE that doesn't work as intended. Lets fix it and write a new chapter!

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
This is my balance perspective of the casters... Necromancer deals DOT and Others deal instant burst damage.
Numbers not 100% because they vary on level. The point is that both classes deal similar damage but necros deal it in DOT instead of burst. The following are the skills for Wizard and Necro

Fireball : 131 + FireDOT (Long Range)​
Drainsoul : 130 + 100 heal (Range varies on level and must be targeted)​
Poison : 130 DOT (15 block range)​
Icebolt : 90 + Slow (Long range based on arc)​
Pulse : AoE 116​
Despair : AoE 70 + 4 second Blind​
Root : Instant 4 second root​
Web : warmup 5 second snare​
Bolt : 240 Nuke + Warmup​
Decay : 190 DOT​
Shock : 175 DOT + AOE​
Plague : 150 DOT + AOE​
In addition wizard has even more damaging spells... =​
Fireblast : Instant 150 damage​
Megabolt : AoE 190 damage​
there is no reason to say that necromancer is op considering wizard does more damage and has more ultilty than a necromancer... Port + GroupTP may be considered more useful than hellgate but that is a preference. Harmshield is strong but blink is stronger for kiting. Necromancers cost alot of reagents to cast spells and use mana more heavily than wizards. In addition wizards have replenish when they get low. My point is not to say Wizards are OP but to prove that Necros are in fact NOT OP.​

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
This is my balance perspective of the casters... Necromancer deals DOT and Others deal instant burst damage.
Numbers not 100% because they vary on level. The point is that both classes deal similar damage but necros deal it in DOT instead of burst. The following are the skills for Wizard and Necro

Fireball : 131 + FireDOT (Long Range)​
Drainsoul : 130 + 100 heal (Range varies on level and must be targeted)​
Poison : 130 DOT (15 block range)​
Icebolt : 90 + Slow (Long range based on arc)​
Pulse : AoE 116​
Despair : AoE 70 + 4 second Blind​
Root : Instant 4 second root​
Web : warmup 5 second snare​
Bolt : 240 Nuke + Warmup​
Decay : 190 DOT​
Shock : 175 DOT + AOE​
Plague : 150 DOT + AOE​
In addition wizard has even more damaging spells... =​
Fireblast : Instant 150 damage​
Megabolt : AoE 190 damage​
there is no reason to say that necromancer is op considering wizard does more damage and has more ultilty than a necromancer... Port + GroupTP may be considered more useful than hellgate but that is a preference. Harmshield is strong but blink is stronger for kiting. Necromancers cost alot of reagents to cast spells and use mana more heavily than wizards. In addition wizards have replenish when they get low. My point is not to say Wizards are OP but to prove that Necros are in fact NOT OP.​
Agreed

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Are you mad? A good necro is fucking OP
I lurve you ulti but that statement really annoys me. We shouldn't nerf something because someone who is good at their class kills people more often than others. That is what annoys me about herocraft balance. People confuse skill and balance way too much.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
1. Web doesnt break on dmg unlike the other cc skills
2. The necro doesnt even have to be there to do dmg (most of the time)
3. This is not about a necro vs a wizard, it is necro vs other classes
4. Necro has 0 skillshots

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
it's not fair to compare Wizard to necromancer at all. They are 2 fundamentally different classes that are played in fundamentally different ways. Wizards do not have DoTs. Necromancers do. Wizards have great mobility. Necromancers don't. If you play either of these classes as the other you're doing it wrong.

Keep in mind that although wizards have amazing burst damage they have the one of the lowest HP bars in the server and are easily 6-7 shot by ninjas with a diamond sword.

Necromancers are the other hand have more HP.

Wizards don't have to kite like Necromancers do. Wizards put out all their skills constantly to win. Necromancers however need only land their Dots, kite untill cd runs out (not very long), and repeat.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
it's not fair to compare Wizard to necromancer at all. They are 2 fundamentally different classes that are played in fundamentally different ways. Wizards do not have DoTs. Necromancers do. Wizards have great mobility. Necromancers don't. If you play either of these classes as the other you're doing it wrong.

Keep in mind that although wizards have amazing burst damage they have the one of the lowest HP bars in the server and are easily 6-7 shot by ninjas with a diamond sword.

Necromancers are the other hand have more HP.

Wizards don't have to kite like Necromancers do. Wizards put out all their skills constantly to win. Necromancers however need only land their Dots, kite untill cd runs out (not very long), and repeat.
Like I said before in my previous post... The point of it was to prove that Necromancers are indeed not op. The reason im saying this is because the Thread is to prove necros op when they aren't. I compared them to wizards to prove that they are balanced alongside the other caster classes and neither need nerfs

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'm not 100% on this but can't you also jump/backflip/blink/Q-leap out of the web as well making it thus useless and it affects your team's meleers as well so for the trade-offs I'd say its decently balanced. Then again I don't see many necro pvpers out and about as well so I could be wrong
You cannot jump, superjump, or backflip out of web.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I lurve you ulti but that statement really annoys me. We shouldn't nerf something because someone who is good at their class kills people more often than others. That is what annoys me about herocraft balance. People confuse skill and balance way too much.
Step 1: Roll face across DoT binds while backpedaling.
Step 2: Apply web (optional)
Step 3: Run around in circles
Step 4: Repeat

^It sure takes a lot to be good at that class huh.

What annoys me about herocraft balance is that people throw around the term "skill" a lot when in reality a majority of fights boil down to class balance and melee swinging (which ends up being more about hacking/connections).

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

What annoys me about herocraft balance is that people throw around the term "skill" a lot when in reality a majority of fights boil down to class balance and melee swinging (which ends up being more about hacking/connections).
"worst class ever"

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

I wasn't talking about necro's .____. Just balance in general. I was criticizing the way he was arguing this. "A good necro is OP" Well no shit. I don't know what I did to piss you off but pull that stick out of your ass. Like seriously wtf man?

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
A level 60 necro was chasing me down, he was able to keep up because the cooldown for poison is shorter than the DoT it places on you, along with what seemed like a retardedly long range he was pretty much able to just poison me down 300 or so HP.

Not in need of nerf or anything, just thought I'd throw that out there. sarcasm

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Like I said before in my previous post... The point of it was to prove that Necromancers are indeed not op. The reason im saying this is because the Thread is to prove necros op when they aren't. I compared them to wizards to prove that they are balanced alongside the other caster classes and neither need nerfs
Lets compare the range and cd(s) of these skills shall we? You had no problem comparing the damage done by wizards which I will admit is high but balanced.

Drainsoul : 8 secs for 12 blocks(@lvl 60)

Poison : 7 secs 15 blocks(From first earning the skill)

Despair : 12 secs 15 blocks(From first earning the skill)

Web : 14 secs 15 blocks(From first earning the skill)

Decay : 10secs 7 blocks(From first earning the skill)

Plague : 12 secs 12 blocks(From first earning the skill)

Necromancer also has "additional spells"
Harmshield
Hellsgate(For being the only class that can go to the nether i'd consider that to be special)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
May I add that necro's DoTs does not multiply with eachothers(you can have all 3 up, but not f.eks two decays).
Neither does using a DoT on a target that already has the DoT reset the timer, if I use decay on maxo and he already has two seconds of decay left on him, it wont apply, it'll just blow mana and set it on the cd.

Also lightning, despair has a 6.5 block range, not 15.
Using harmshield uses 35% of your mana, with that mana gone you wont be killing any warrior specs today.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
May I add that necro's DoTs does not multiply with eachothers(you can have all 3 up, but not f.eks two decays).
Neither does using a DoT on a target that already has the DoT reset the timer, if I use decay on maxo and he already has two seconds of decay left on him, it wont apply, it'll just blow mana and set it on the cd.

Also lightning, despair has a 6.5 block range, not 15.
Using harmshield uses 35% of your mana, with that mana gone you wont be killing any warrior specs today.
Was quoting the wiki on that.

Well that mana can be regained with a darkritual+drainsoul combo, and cd(s) aren't really a problem if you kite and wait for the cd to wear off.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I do not think necros are op. As a disc, I can screw them over really hard, because chakra dispels stuff. I saw maxo destroy nother necro earlier, we have a lot of very gifted pvpers on this server. If you know how to kill the class, more then likely, you will kill them.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I do not think necros are op. As a disc, I can screw them over really hard, because chakra dispels stuff. I saw maxo destroy nother necro earlier, we have a lot of very gifted pvpers on this server. If you know how to kill the class, more then likely, you will kill them.
How about all the other classes without chakra?