• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancers

arcanegrove

Obsidian
What classes have trouble against them? Sure they have drain soul and a whole lot of dots, but I would think that a dragoon, samurai, dk, pally could kill then quite easily, if played right.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Everything is situational and most likely dependent upon the "PvP Triangle". The only reason a class should be considered "op" is if it has an extreme advantage that isn't intended to be like it is.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
You guys should have seen necro last map.. cut the CD of drainsoul in half and see how OP they are.​

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with kwong on the web aspect, the range on web is the same as poison (15 blocks). Upon finding him in the wild and without taking him by surprise, a necro can destroy a ninja with next to no effort at all. All I have to do is web, poison, decay, plague, drainsoul then despair and they cannot sprint for 6 seconds after the web finish's meaning we have 12 seconds of CC. If the ninja get's lucky and dodges the web and get's in melee range of us we can harmshield and take his sword in the ass, by the time HS is over web is off CD. I personally believe the heal from drainsoul is what makes necro OP, a good necro can kite + DS to kill any class and then with the added effect of their other skills necro is pretty much unbeatable....

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
May I add that necro's DoTs does not multiply with eachothers(you can have all 3 up, but not f.eks two decays).
Neither does using a DoT on a target that already has the DoT reset the timer, if I use decay on maxo and he already has two seconds of decay left on him, it wont apply, it'll just blow mana and set it on the cd.

Also lightning, despair has a 6.5 block range, not 15.
Using harmshield uses 35% of your mana, with that mana gone you wont be killing any warrior specs today.
35% of your mana gone still leaves you enough to do damage, after you run out of mana you can just dark ritual (takes 100hp for 15 mana), and then drainsoul (at level 60 deals around 130hp and heals 110) this means you actually heal and it costs no mana. I've defeated paladins many times using this tactic.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
What classes have trouble against them? Sure they have drain soul and a whole lot of dots, but I would think that a dragoon, samurai, dk, pally could kill then quite easily, if played right.
As a pally it is almost impossible to kill a half decent necro.

As a Necro, I can vouch for this thread. They're pretty fucking op. But I think the problem lays in how easy the class is to play rather than the current skills damage. I wish they could change drainsoul into a skillshot like fireball, but unfortunately I don't see that happening very soon...

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
You aren't using your head... instead of just running straight at the fucking necro use sneak to hide behind terrain, use smoke to get behind them, drink a speed pot. Necros can't do much while silenced by kick. Do not charge at a class that out ranges you. If you lose to a ranged class by being kited it is because you are a bad player that does not know how to play your class

This is a reply to judgedread

There is a reason why rogues are supposed to counter Casters, and casters countering Warriors... All magic damage goes through armor, and rogues have a silence

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
You aren't using your head... instead of just running straight at the fucking necro use sneak to hide behind terrain, use smoke to get behind them, drink a speed pot. Necros can't do much while silenced by kick. Do not charge at a class that out ranges you. If you lose to a ranged class by being kited it is because you are a bad player that does not know how to play your class
So Necromancer is a bad class because Ninja can kill it in a place where you cant see anything and only if it uses a Speed potion.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
35% of your mana gone still leaves you enough to do damage, after you run out of mana you can just dark ritual (takes 100hp for 15 mana), and then drainsoul (at level 60 deals around 130hp and heals 110) this means you actually heal and it costs no mana. I've defeated paladins many times using this tactic.
Since when does it heal you 110 hp, that shit deals 128 dmg and heals 42. Last time I checked at least, two weeks ago.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
As a Necro, I can vouch for this thread. They're pretty fucking op. But I think the problem lays in how easy the class is to play rather than the current skills damage. I wish they could change drainsoul into a skillshot like fireball, but unfortunately I don't see that happening very soon...
Actually... Believe it or not, there was a skill on test made by Kainzo that shot wither skulls. Not sure if that's still planned.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I pretty much agree entirely, but I'm not sure a skillshot on drainsoul is the way to go.

It seems to me that their skills all have too big of a range. If you ever fight a Necro that had the audacity to macro your name to his skills, it's pretty much gg. They can maintain a very large distance away from other players, while simply spamming all of their dots and drainsouling you whenever it's off cd. The cd seems relatively short too, allowing them to survive through ridiculous amounts of damage.

Without playing the class first hand it's hard to state exact changes that should be made, but it is definitely much stronger than it should be.

I pretty much agree entirely, but I'm not sure a skillshot on drainsoul is the way to go.

It seems to me that their skills all have too big of a range. If you ever fight a Necro that had the audacity to macro your name to his skills, it's pretty much gg. They can maintain a very large distance away from other players, while simply spamming all of their dots and drainsouling you whenever it's off cd. The cd seems relatively short too, allowing them to survive through ridiculous amounts of damage.

Without playing the class first hand it's hard to state exact changes that should be made, but it is definitely much stronger than it should be.
Decay and Plague require us to get a bit closer to the target, i do agree with what your saying though, we have about 900 health and harmshield, this makes it the tankiest caster class. Along with the heal of drainsoul, it makes sense that necros should have the chance to get the shit beat out of them while they're casting there dots.

Northac

Obsidian
while i cannot say anything about the way the class plays at 60, i feel that the hype on the class may be more mental then in game, i know ive had a few people run from me when ive actually pvp'd out in the wild so that they could heal up and if they had kept attacking they could have downed me. ive never really looked at the numbers but i dont think drain soul heals for as much as people think it does. i could be wrong tho.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

This is a reply to judgedread

There is a reason why rogues are supposed to counter Casters, and casters countering Warriors... All magic damage goes through armor, and rogues have a silence
You are funny. If I smoke, the just plague...gg