• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minecraft 1.6.2 for Herocraft RPG Server!

ReadyAimHIDE

Legacy Supporter 9
Dude...clerics are screwed, the new skills seem useful but not useful enough to recover from the blow all our other skills took. But as stated before, only time will tell :/

Edit: I actually found that the new cleric skills are awesome! I love the way that Holy Aura works, and now that I think about it the amount of healing skills we used to have was kinda ridiculous, considering that sacred word and remedy did the exact same thing but remedy was more powerful :p So hats off to the developers who made this all possible! You guys are awesome!

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Can someone explain how the mechanics of "Aimed Shot" for Ranger work?

Your target needs to be in line of sight for... 5 seconds?...and afterward the target is locked in. This means that the next shot you take will hit the target no matter what. Don't quote me on it, but I 'think' the range is infinite.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Your target needs to be in line of sight for... 5 seconds?...and afterward the target is locked in. This means that the next shot you take will hit the target no matter what. Don't quote me on it, but I 'think' the range is infinite.

I'll quote you anyway! I was talking to Delfofthebla about it and it's supposed to be "infinite". The problem is that minecraft has a max range. I believe is 16 blocks.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Can someone explain how the mechanics of "Aimed Shot" for Ranger work?
It's a targetable warmup (like bolt). The warmup is 3 seconds. After you finish warming it up, if your target is still within your line of sight, it will "lock on". Once locked on, your next shot fired within 4 seconds will hit that target without question--Even if they somehow manage to GTP to the other side of the map. :eek:

I'll quote you anyway! I was talking to Delfofthebla about it and it's supposed to be "infinite". The problem is that minecraft has a max range. I believe is 16 blocks.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
    • Recall can no longer be used to recall into towns you do not have building permission in.
Does this include any regioned area you do not have permissions in?

Also, this may be unrelated to 1.6-updates, though possibly related to new forum updates, but I cannot seem to post in the leave/absence forums. Haven't been able to for a while. That said, I'm alive, just been incredibly busy lately. Anyway, I aim to be a bit more active, especially since the 1.6.2 update (just easier to stay updated).

On the class changes, I'm interested to see what happens next. @Delfofthebla I know you and the team have been hard at work. There have been several tweaks and changes in the time I've been away, so I am eager to play around and see what you guys've done.
One thing I'd like to bring up, though, is: I know you primarily focus on the pvp aspect when it comes to balancing classes. Just don't forget about us pve-ers out here from time to time :p Some changes are perfect and make sense from a pvp perspective, but are crippling in pve. Leveling can be agonizing enough as it is, especially for people who aren't online as frequently as others. Just my two cents.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Some changes are perfect and make sense from a pvp perspective, but are crippling in pve. Leveling can be agonizing enough as it is, especially for people who aren't online as frequently as others. Just my two cents.
Please don't take this as a hostile post, but PVE <<<<<<<<< PVP on HC. Once (if?) dungeons get implemented, I'm sure it will come more into focus, but for the time being, I don't think it makes too much sense to focus on it.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Please don't take this as a hostile post, but PVE <<<<<<<<< PVP on HC. Once (if?) dungeons get implemented, I'm sure it will come more into focus, but for the time being, I don't think it makes too much sense to focus on it.
Don't worry, I feel no hostility, but I do feel like you might have missed my point (or I sucked at portraying it). I realize that HC is more or less a PVP server, but until levels 50+ or so, it really isn't. All I really was getting at is that skills designed and oriented without PVE, even as an afterthought, in mind will make leveling to the "end-game pvp" levels incredibly tedious. Lag alone is enough to do that and doesn't need any help from classes whose skills are weighted at the end of their levels or whatever. Fingers crossed for dungeons, but I won't hold my breath ;D

On a different note, and more on topic, does a Ninja's Backstab skill apply to attacks to the rear of mobs? I never thought about it before, but it could happen, especially in group fights. Just curious. Oh, and Jack, this is an example. Ninja's reduced sword damage is fine when backstab applies always from behind, but if it doesn't work on mobs, the reduced sword damage really hurts when leveling via PVE. That's all I was getting at. Personally, I think the change is cool.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
friendly response
Gotcha. I have no idea about the Backstab thing for mobs, but I agree that this would make leveling more annoying. Eviscerate doesn't require any reagents, so that could be used for leveling... however Smoke (probably necessary for Backstab hits on mobs - UNLESS you have a friend to kite for you) and Blitz require one gunpowder... Make sure you level with a Looting 3 sword so you can get more gunpowder and use these skills while leveling =P

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Does this include any regioned area you do not have permissions in?

Also, this may be unrelated to 1.6-updates, though possibly related to new forum updates, but I cannot seem to post in the leave/absence forums. Haven't been able to for a while. That said, I'm alive, just been incredibly busy lately. Anyway, I aim to be a bit more active, especially since the 1.6.2 update (just easier to stay updated).

On the class changes, I'm interested to see what happens next. @Delfofthebla I know you and the team have been hard at work. There have been several tweaks and changes in the time I've been away, so I am eager to play around and see what you guys've done.
One thing I'd like to bring up, though, is: I know you primarily focus on the pvp aspect when it comes to balancing classes. Just don't forget about us pve-ers out here from time to time :p Some changes are perfect and make sense from a pvp perspective, but are crippling in pve. Leveling can be agonizing enough as it is, especially for people who aren't online as frequently as others. Just my two cents.
I try to consider PvE as well, but the fact is, it's very hard to care about balancing something that doesn't actually exist.

With that said, I know how dreadful it is to master a class, and I do try to keep that in mind when I make my changes. Over the past couple of months I have rearranged skills several times in an effort to make leveling much more smooth (though it isn't always mentioned in the notes). This patch, Mystic and Cleric both got pretty good boosts to their PvE viability. In the case of mystic, most of the mana changes were done with PvE in mind, same with the replenish CD. Cleric also got several new spells that would help them level. The changed I made to BM a while back accomplished the same, and I'm hoping Disciple is still in about the same spot.

The one class that went in the opposite direction this time around was Ninja, and I am very well aware what I've done to the leveling process of that class. To put it bluntly, it's pretty much ass in comparison to how it was before. However, I tried to alleviate that by giving them more ranged viability, and giving them Blitz at a much earlier level than they obtained it previously.

On a different note, and more on topic, does a Ninja's Backstab skill apply to attacks to the rear of mobs? I never thought about it before, but it could happen, especially in group fights.
Yes, it applies to mobs.

So yea, don't worry--I think about the PvE too. :)

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Gotcha. I have no idea about the Backstab thing for mobs, but I agree that this would make leveling more annoying. Eviscerate doesn't require any reagents, so that could be used for leveling... however Smoke (probably necessary for Backstab hits on mobs - UNLESS you have a friend to kite for you) and Blitz require one gunpowder... Make sure you level with a Looting 3 sword so you can get more gunpowder and use these skills while leveling =P
Haha, agreed on most accounts, but I'm glad you can see what I meant. It's a big difference when you deal about 50% less than you used to with basic sword attacks. It's a drastic difference, skills notwithstanding.

I try to consider PvE as well, but the fact is, it's very hard to care about balancing something that doesn't actually exist.

With that said, I know how dreadful it is to master a class, and I do try to keep that in mind when I make my changes. Over the past couple of months I have rearranged skills several times in an effort to make leveling much more smooth (though it isn't always mentioned in the notes).

The one class that went in the opposite direction this time around was Ninja, and I am very well aware what I've done to the leveling process of that class. To put it bluntly, it's pretty much ass in comparison to how it was before. However, I tried to alleviate that by giving them more ranged viability, and giving them Blitz at a much earlier level than they obtained it previously.

Yes, it applies to mobs.

So yea, don't worry--I think about the PvE too. :)
Sadly, I have to agree. Perhaps balance isn't the right word when it comes to the PVE scene on HC. I am glad to hear that you at least consider the leveling aspect. When I first started, I know how imposing the leveling was, especially when just about everyone else is already capped. New players have it rough, but I know I've seen some good rearrangement of skills in the past, so good work on that. I do agree that Ninja seems to have taken a pretty hard hit when it comes to leveling though. It takes 2x as long to kill mobs, albeit blitz helps, though it costs reagents (which isn't really much of a problem for players who've been around longer).

Cool to hear backstab affects mobs the same way. Makes it easier if you've got a leveling buddy who can draw fire.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to complain, just voice my opinions. I think you and the balance team and all the staff have done a great job thus far. I know balancing this many changes at once isn't easy or perfect. Keep it up.