• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Level Cap Increase + Class Revamps coming soon!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Back in my day, the /shock command was used much more often, and on specific people *cough*.

borislow

Stone
Back in my day, admins would /burn people and laugh as they watched them die![DOUBLEPOST=1366228985][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh- and does the new level cap mean level 20 crafter mastery?
I hope so...

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Back in my day, there was no "Back in my day" to be said.

Oldest HC history other than Kain here. I win Kenn and Ach. <3

~ ~ ~

So yeah, looking forward to this? Are there plans to have a push for Karma implementation at the same time?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I got the feeling Karma was coming sooner than this.
Kain has in a different thread ( The [Dev Diary] one) that he does not know when Karma will be released, but I figured if this is a big update, he will want to try and include it with the rest of the big update, what with Level Cap increase, Class revamps, etc.,

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Kain has in a different thread ( The [Dev Diary] one) that he does not know when Karma will be released, but I figured if this is a big update, he will want to try and include it with the rest of the big update, what with Level Cap increase, Class revamps, etc.,
Right. I just thought I read somewhere that Gabi was getting close to completion, that's all. :)

Arturec

Soulsand
I don't like this karma stuff very much :p

It seems to demote PVP, so what if you are at war with another place, your karma will be all retarded...

What happens when you are attacked by a good karma person and you kill them..?

Does being reborn as a cow mean ur karma is at max? What happens if somebody kills you? Do they instantly become supremely evil?

Who decides what is evil and what isn't evil...? You might have to incorporate religion on the server, for example, vikings wouldn't have bad karma for raiding, as long as they did it smart, because it wasn't that they loved to kill people, it was that the people they wanted stuff from didn't give it to them... It was their belief if they died in battle that they'd go to valhalla.

Unless the karma penalties of being evil are ridiculously OP, then I'm sure that people will ignore it for the most part. If it's too OP, then Umbra/LO people (As an example) will just band up even more and camp spawn alot worse. (Unless karma is VERY strong and nerfing, then as long as they have numbers, they won't have to worry about it...

What happens to bounty hunting?

Does /col duels hurt your karma?

In all, my experience of Herocraft is pretty good. (Without Karma)

I have been killed
Bounty Hunted
Spawn Camped
Tricked

and now it's my turn to do that. :(

I want to be able to Hunt, Kill and Loot people mining

and either way, tracks are like 20c right now so... it does cost to hunt, 3 hunts is 60c so unless they have some really nice shit, I'm sure hunting random noobs is out of style.

oh and what's going to happen if we have to RP PVP now haha.
"Give me all your gold!"
*Prey logs*

^ Already a problem, just ask Kirinelf

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't like this karma stuff very much :p

It seems to demote PVP, so what if you are at war with another place, your karma will be all retarded...

What happens when you are attacked by a good karma person and you kill them..?

Does being reborn as a cow mean ur karma is at max? What happens if somebody kills you? Do they instantly become supremely evil?

Who decides what is evil and what isn't evil...? You might have to incorporate religion on the server, for example, vikings wouldn't have bad karma for raiding, as long as they did it smart, because it wasn't that they loved to kill people, it was that the people they wanted stuff from didn't give it to them... It was their belief if they died in battle that they'd go to valhalla.

Unless the karma penalties of being evil are ridiculously OP, then I'm sure that people will ignore it for the most part. If it's too OP, then Umbra/LO people (As an example) will just band up even more and camp spawn alot worse. (Unless karma is VERY strong and nerfing, then as long as they have numbers, they won't have to worry about it...

What happens to bounty hunting?

Does /col duels hurt your karma?

In all, my experience of Herocraft is pretty good. (Without Karma)

I have been killed
Bounty Hunted
Spawn Camped
Tricked

and now it's my turn to do that. :(

I want to be able to Hunt, Kill and Loot people mining

and either way, tracks are like 20c right now so... it does cost to hunt, 3 hunts is 60c so unless they have some really nice shit, I'm sure hunting random noobs is out of style.

oh and what's going to happen if we have to RP PVP now haha.
"Give me all your gold!"
*Prey logs*

^ Already a problem, just ask Kirinelf
Honestly, your post makes no sense.. You should read through all the notes of Karma and all your answers will be there. I am just going to reply in bullet form.

If a good person was to attack another good person, but they kill the attacker, negative Karma is not put on the defender. Also, why would a good person be attacking another good person or neutral? They hunt evil.

Evil is unwarranted. Vikings aren't a religion, and keep religion off the Internet unless you want to get flamed.

LO is not evil, Umbra is, so they would be the ones camping spawn. Good players will then camp Umbra.

Kainzo already said arenas and duels are not affected.

If you want to hunt, kill and loot people, then you will be evil, because that is what evil players do.

Arturec

Soulsand
Jonsoon Umg I need a link to the thread please ^.^ Just asking lots of questions because I didn't see it... and idk why, but if I mention LO to almost anybody, they say you guys are assholes. I wish I knew why, but right now, the reputation of LO is worse than Umbra's. :p

And if 2 towns have good players, and they go to war because of their leaders, would good people go and fight?

and I hate it when people only respond to parts of the text... o-o