• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Let's Not Enable TNT in Regions

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
If you want locks, use LWC. It's secure, much more configurable and it just works (99.9% of the time)

Dirt above chest is sloppy, is not backed by a plugin and is much more vulnerable to theft.

If they can find a method to tnt an area that has blocks above chests, it can destroy the dirt above the chest. That would mean a very finite destination for the tnt-cannon that may not be easily done.

In short, use LWC when its valuable, otherwise we don't recognize dirt over chest as a secure method. The TNT will NOT explode chests is what we point out here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should be 100% secured by dirt blocks. I am also of the opinion that TNT blowing up the dirt and allowing access to the chest is something that should not be prevented. However, dirt blocks are a form of security that are used by the playerbase to prevent stealing within town regions. When you say that you are against stealing, I get the impression that you don't want TNT to blow up dirt on top of chests. (Since doing so allows players to steal the items within them).

I also want to confirm this real quick--Are you saying you want to prevent TNT from blowing up ALL chests? Not just LWCs?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Hopefully people wont be able to just put obsidian over all their stuff even if it's not locked. Especially if it's not locked

Sure they can - but the point of using dirt is that its easy to remove - even with bare hands. Obsidian won't be easy and will require tools. Lots of people don't do dirt now so I think a lot won't use obsidian either. There will always be a way to secure your stuff if you want - just how much work you want to go through to safeguard that double chest of sugarcane ?

Meditrina

Legacy Supporter 6
What about shop chest signs? Would the sign get blown up or would it be protected?

Also, if chests are tnt-proof what's to stop people from making walls of empty chests to act as barriers?

Boogeymen

TNT
If TNT does enter the game, it should be nerfed a bit. For example, if TNT is set off, the damage it causes isn't permanent, meaning it would have a block regen after a certain amount of time. So if raiders hit your town walls, they would have a time window to get everybody in to start looting chests, something around 1-3 minutes would probably be enough time, and if you keep your chests covered, you'd probably be fine if they did manage to blow up your walls into your town.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
-snip-Also, if chests are tnt-proof what's to stop people from making walls of empty chests to act as barriers?

Ahahah... that WOULD be funny.... Having it in a pattern though since you can't place more than 2 chests next to each other... making 1x1 holes and making it 2 blocks thick though... hmmm... man I should do that if this is ever implemented. (Which it most likely is, but yah)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
If TNT does enter the game, it should be nerfed a bit. For example, if TNT is set off, the damage it causes isn't permanent, meaning it would have a block regen after a certain amount of time. So if raiders hit your town walls, they would have a time window to get everybody in to start looting chests, something around 1-3 minutes would probably be enough time, and if you keep your chests covered, you'd probably be fine if they did manage to blow up your walls into your town.
/facepalm