• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Lava in towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
You are the only one complaining. Everyone else is saying "hey there this is how I play you can play however you want". You are saying " hey this is how I play and you better change how you play to the way I play or some way that makes it easier to play how I play."
And what we end up with are dozens of threads with you and those like you whining and complaining about every aspect of the game like a bunch of 5 year old girls. ( as a father of 5 daughters I speak from experience on this point)
NO ONE is trying to tell you not to raid. Don't try to force others to let you.
To be fair He isn't the Only one idk what your talking bout by that....

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You are the only one complaining. Everyone else is saying "hey there this is how I play you can play however you want". You are saying " hey this is how I play and you better change how you play to the way I play or some way that makes it easier to play how I play."
And what we end up with are dozens of threads with you and those like you whining and complaining about every aspect of the game like a bunch of 5 year old girls. ( as a father of 5 daughters I speak from experience on this point)
you still don't understand that it is a PVP server, you should be able to raid when and where you want, thats that point of the server. without those aspects you have PVE. I'm not saying people need to change to liking pvp, but thats what the PVE server is for and it's caused many people to quit so it better be put to use. There is a point when you give one side too much of an advantage that it isnt fun for the other side.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
And f palming every post as if that some how validates your argument rather than driving home the point that you at entirely irrational.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
What will you do when all your victims are gone? And BTW this is an RPG server with PvP enabled on a particular map

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
you still don't understand that it is a PVP server, you should be able to raid when and where you want, thats that point of the server. without those aspects you have PVE. I'm not saying people need to change to liking pvp, but thats what the PVE server is for and it's caused many people to quit so it better be put to use. There is a point when you give one side too much of an advantage that it isnt fun for the other side.
No you don't get it. Dumping lava on you and hiding from you IS PvP. You have a very definition of PvP. You keep repeating your narrow definition because you want it to be the truth but its not. You want to fight builders as a mastered spec because it makes you feel manly. You don't want to battle their wit because you keep losing. Seriously get over it.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
What will you do when all your victims are gone? And BTW this is an RPG server with PvP enabled on a particular map
really? last time i checked the boat with the black sails was the PVP boat and the ship being "repaired" ETA 2015 was RPG... BTW
I use f-palms because they are ratings, and thats the point of them.
I fight anyone, simple as that. Yes, now most of the people now are builders but it's because most of the PVP community is fed up with the server just catering so much to PVE, for example they split the server into 2. BTW this used to be a hardcore server now its CareBearCraft.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
really? last time i checked the boat with the black sails was the PVP boat and the ship being "repaired" ETA 2015 was RPG... BTW
I fight anyone, simple as that. Yes, now most of the people now are builders but it's because most of the PVP community is fed up with the server just catering so much to PVE, for example they split the server into 2. BTW this used to be a hardcore server now its CareBearCraft.
He dosnt fight everyone, Truzle is kinda a pussy

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Please don't explain to me the lineage of the server. I have been here longer than you. And don't explain to me why the PvP community has left because again I have been here longer than you.
Let me break it down for you. Every map the pure PvP camp has some complaint about what needs to change. They claim they want the server to be more hardcore. What they mean is they want the server to be less hardcore for them and more hardcore for everyone else. IMHO if you are having a HARD time finding and killing other players THAT IS HARDCORE for you. If I get killed a few dozen times a day trying to build a town or a road that is hardcore too.
Still every map the pure PvP croud whines and whines until they get what they want. Then a shit ton of non PvP players leave which in turn makes PvP'ers leave for lack of interest. TnT was a prime example of this but I have watched this cycle for two maps before you even got here. The PVE map was always a bad idea I said so from the time it was proposed. It has done exactly what I said it would. Make the PvP crowd angry because all the victims would leave.
Every time something is implemented to provide more victims the opposite happens. Players don't come out and fight, they leave. The fact of the matter is good people are hard to find, there is never a shortage of assholes. The good people are the ones who make the game run. Not only do they build the infrastructure but they provide the entertainment for the assholes too. The server should cater to them. It can't survive without them. If tbey leave there might not be anyone to take their place. If the assholes leave, well its not like there is ever a shortage. The same is true IRL.
This thread and most of the others like it are the real world equivalent of a group of armed robbers petitioning to outlaw home and business defense weapons. Its just stupid.
Before you rage and tell me I don't understand what it is to be hard core keep in mind I was awarded 2 purple hearts and a silver star before you were potty trained kiddy.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Please don't explain to me the lineage of the server. I have been here longer than you. And don't explain to me why the PvP community has left because again I have been here longer than you.
Let me break it down for you. Every map the pure PvP camp has some complaint about what needs to change. They claim they want the server to be more hardcore. What they mean is they want the server to be less hardcore for them and more hardcore for everyone else. IMHO if you are having a HARD time finding and killing other players THAT IS HARDCORE for you. If I get killed a few dozen times a day trying to build a town or a road that is hardcore too.
Still every map the pure PvP croud whines and whines until they get what they want. Then a shit ton of non PvP players leave which in turn makes PvP'ers leave for lack of interest. TnT was a prime example of this but I have watched this cycle for two maps before you even got here. The PVE map was always a bad idea I said so from the time it was proposed. It has done exactly what I said it would. Make the PvP crowd angry because all the victims would leave.
Every time something is implemented to provide more victims the opposite happens. Players don't come out and fight, they leave. The fact of the matter is good people are hard to find, there is never a shortage of assholes. The good people are the ones who make the game run. Not only do they build the infrastructure but they provide the entertainment for the assholes too. The server should cater to them. It can't survive without them. If tbey leave there might not be anyone to take their place. If the assholes leave, well its not like there is ever a shortage. The same is true IRL.
This thread and most of the others like it are the real world equivalent of a group of armed robbers petitioning to outlaw home and business defense weapons. Its just stupid.
Before you rage and tell me I don't understand what it is to be hard core keep in mind I was awarded 2 purple hearts and a silver star before you were potty trained kiddy.
Lol Pvpers getting what they want? That's funny #Townships3.0

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Is conversing like adults just too much to ask?

Edit: Play nice.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Not going to read though it all but FYI, using a lava bucket to burn enemies is still classed as PVP and is a very useful tool as it does a lot of damage. There's no need to disallow the placement of lava nor is there a need to place a CD on lava placement. Little changes like this only hurt the player base.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Not going to read though it all but FYI, using a lava bucket to burn enemies is still classed as PVP and is a very useful tool as it does a lot of damage. There's no need to disallow the placement of lava nor is there a need to place a CD on lava placement. Little changes like this only hurt the player base.
Who classifies it as pvp, you? I would classify it as a cowardly attempt to defend a town on a pvp server. I'm fine with traps but its the constant placing on blocks that just imo shouldn't be a legal way to defend a town.

Like I said before, a cooldown on placing it would be fine or if possible place the user into combat.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes towns 3.0 was implemented to spur PvP as opposed to people always hiding in their towns. Towns 3.0 was intended to be a compromise. PvP'ers complained that town regions were impenetrable. They wanted a way to get inside regions. Towns 3.0 was intended as a system where PvP'ers could have some of what they want and yet there would still be some point to building a town. You can't get everything you want and still have the server thrive.
The PvP circle(perhaps not all but a very vocal segment of it) has been clamouring for a long time to have a system in which raiders can walk into any region without resistance and do as they please.
If that happens this server will die.
Who classifies it as pvp, you? I would classify it as a cowardly attempt to defend a town on a pvp server. I'm fine with traps but its the constant placing on blocks that just imo shouldn't be a legal way to defend a town.

Like I said before, a cooldown on placing it would be fine or if possible place the user into combat.
Having placement off lava and inflicting damage tag for combat would be fine. Though I am not sure it is possible.
As for it being cowardly.
How would you suggest a say lvl 10 ninja alone in a town defend against say 4 lvl 65 players coming to kill and loot them.
And please don't say get good or go lvl or go play on PvE or anything like that. Not everybody plays the way you do. Some people like playing on the PvP map for the thrill of it even though they derive absolutely no enjoyment from the combat aspect of it. this server is ever going to be what it once was there needs to be balance. The people who are placing lava to kill you are not cowards, they just aren't stupid. They know they cannot beat you with their weapons so they are using their brains to find another way to beat you. Stop letting them.

Allow me to pose a few questions.
When towns become completely vulnerable, perhaps even destroyable, who is going to build them?
Who is going to live in them?
If the servers are merged and there is no safe haven for those who find their enjoyment from things other than constant fighting what will happen to the player base? Do you think those people who are spending the majority of their time on PvE now (the majority of players atm) are going to just say oh well and learn to take the harassment? Or will they find another server? When they find another server who will you victimize?

There is a segment of the player base that cares only for PvP, raiding, looting and greifing or other forms of harassment. The rest of the player base needs to have a way to fight back in order to make it worth putting up with.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Yes towns 3.0 was implemented to spur PvP as opposed to people always hiding in their towns. Towns 3.0 was intended to be a compromise. PvP'ers complained that town regions were impenetrable. They wanted a way to get inside regions. Towns 3.0 was intended as a system where PvP'ers could have some of what they want and yet there would still be some point to building a town. You can't get everything you want and still have the server thrive.
The PvP circle(perhaps not all but a very vocal segment of it) has been clamouring for a long time to have a system in which raiders can walk into any region without resistance and do as they please.
If that happens this server will die.

Having placement off lava and inflicting damage tag for combat would be fine. Though I am not sure it is possible.
As for it being cowardly.
How would you suggest a say lvl 10 ninja alone in a town defend against say 4 lvl 65 players coming to kill and loot them.
And please don't say get good or go lvl or go play on PvE or anything like that. Not everybody plays the way you do. Some people like playing on the PvP map for the thrill of it even though they derive absolutely no enjoyment from the combat aspect of it. this server is ever going to be what it once was there needs to be balance. The people who are placing lava to kill you are not cowards, they just aren't stupid. They know they cannot beat you with their weapons so they are using their brains to find another way to beat you. Stop letting them.

Allow me to pose a few questions.
When towns become completely vulnerable, perhaps even destroyable, who is going to build them?
Who is going to live in them?
If the servers are merged and there is no safe haven for those who find their enjoyment from things other than constant fighting what will happen to the player base? Do you think those people who are spending the majority of their time on PvE now (the majority of players atm) are going to just say oh well and learn to take the harassment? Or will they find another server? When they find another server who will you victimize?

There is a segment of the player base that cares only for PvP, raiding, looting and greifing or other forms of harassment. The rest of the player base needs to have a way to fight back in order to make it worth putting up with.
You make valid points, but the people I PVP with (well most of them) don't just like killing noobs, we really enjoy big fights. If we have 2-3 more people than the opposing town, we usually wait 15 mins then leave. The thing that bothers me the most is that towns have more than enough people to defend, but they resort to lava and not just fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.