• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Lava in towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Right now in townships 3.0 the current set up of some safe zones is already frustrating. Allowing you to attack them if they are in combat helped this, but now placing lava is a way to deal damage to people in your regions without any hope of fighting back.

I'm suggesting the removal of lava placement in towns, or if possible somehow put the user into combat.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Umn I routinely place lava in towns as a decoration. Also traps for harassing the harassers. Go lava this should not be removed.

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
I disagree 100% Irish, your town raids us 24/7 lava placement gets you people off our lawns (plus its fun watching you burn hehe)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I disagree 100% Irish, your town raids us 24/7 lava placement gets you people off our lawns (plus its fun watching you burn hehe)
Being a town on the pvp server I think you should have to defend yourself with pvp, not cowardly placing lava. If you don't feel capable of pvping then go to pve.

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
Being a town on the pvp server I think you should have to defend yourself with pvp, not cowardly placing lava. If you don't feel capable of pvping then go to pve.
Bro if I wanted to PvP I would've gone out there. Not my problem that you can't handle my OP lava placing skills, but don't go raging it makes you look like a kid.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Bro if I wanted to PvP I would've gone out there. Not my problem that you can't handle my OP lava placing skills, but don't go raging it makes you look like a kid.
if you dont want to PVP get off and go on the PVE server, its there for a reason. enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you!
PVP = Player vs Player, unless lava is a player that is not pvp

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
if you dont want to PVP get off and go on the PVE server, its there for a reason. enjoy it while it lasts.

PVP = Player vs Player, unless lava is a player that is not pvp
Based on that logic, the only way to fight anyone is with your own fists.

Xhazed

Portal
If you want to place lava why dont u play pve you can place lava and not have to worry about being attacked you can go around the entire map without having to worry about being killed AND STILL PLACE LAVA isnt that amasing. Thats one of the MANY reasons i would choose pve over pvp

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
OK so this is not addressesld to everyone in this thread but those who need to hear it. If all you want to do is run around killing players Mano e Mano with no strategy or places to hide there are plenty of all out PvP servers out there. They all smoke chode but hey, there are lots of them.
On Herocraft PvP is an element of the game. It is not THE GAME. Even on the PvP server you will need to contend with mobs. Hiding places and yes, even strategy. Not every player who enjoys PvP as an aspect of the game wants to come out and fight. In fact some players derive their amusement entirely from thwarting your efforts to PvP them. They will hide, they will set traps, they will place lava, they will place town defenses, they will use any manner of strategy they can to keep you from killing and looting them.
This is right and fair. You have your play style of camping, raiding harassing destroying, and raging. They have theirs. Herocraft tries to accommodate all play styles in as balanced and comprehensive a way as possible. If you cant deal with that stop your whining and find somewhere else to play. You are hurting the experience for the rest of us.

Xhazed

Portal
OK so this is not addressesld to everyone in this thread but those who need to hear it. If all you want to do is run around killing players Mano e Mano with no strategy or places to hide there are plenty of all out PvP servers out there. They all smoke chode but hey, there are lots of them.
On Herocraft PvP is an element of the game. It is not THE GAME. Even on the PvP server you will need to contend with mobs. Hiding places and yes, even strategy. Not every player who enjoys PvP as an aspect of the game wants to come out and fight. In fact some players derive their amusement entirely from thwarting your efforts to PvP them. They will hide, they will set traps, they will place lava, they will place town defenses, they will use any manner of strategy they can to keep you from killing and looting them.
This is right and fair. You have your play style of camping, raiding harassing destroying, and raging. They have theirs. Herocraft tries to accommodate all play styles in as balanced and comprehensive a way as possible. If you cant deal with that stop your whining and find somewhere else to play. You are hurting the experience for the rest of us.
Im pretty sure if strategy was important then qhy not let both teams have the same things to work with for example burning water aka lava

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Im pretty sure if strategy was important then qhy not let both teams have the same things to work with for example burning water aka lava
You are attacking a fortified position. It is logical that you would be at a disadvantage.

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
Oh my gosh I know right, guys I can fight however I want, The lava was placed by ME so I am a player and another player got lava'd that is PvP if you don't enjoy then leave us alone because I rather not get ganked by a 3v1+. So thanks and leave me alone (swear to god they don't know when to shut up even if its for their own good)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Heroes was not intended to be a pvp plugin, however that is what it is. Yes, people need to fight mobs to lvl up, but is many people's ultimate goal? to PVP. For me personally i hate lvling, and thats a HUGE reason I dislike this map, the amount of xp needed to master was increased by 50k. There is a PVE server for a reason, use it or don't complain about people camping and raiding you.

@Slickvngr there is a difference between placing lava on someone, and actively fighting them. half the time you provoke people and thats why you get killed

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Heroes was not intended to be a pvp plugin, however that is what it is. Yes, people need to fight mobs to lvl up, but is many people's ultimate goal? to PVP. For me personally i hate lvling, and thats a HUGE reason I dislike this map, the amount of xp needed to master was increased by 50k. There is a PVE server for a reason, use it or don't complain about people camping and raiding you.

@Slickvngr there is a difference between placing lava on someone, and actively fighting them. half the time you provoke people and thats why you get killed
You are the only one complaining. Everyone else is saying "hey there this is how I play you can play however you want". You are saying " hey this is how I play and you better change how you play to the way I play or some way that makes it easier to play how I play."
And what we end up with are dozens of threads with you and those like you whining and complaining about every aspect of the game like a bunch of 5 year old girls. ( as a father of 5 daughters I speak from experience on this point)
NO ONE is trying to tell you not to raid. Don't try to force others to let you.

Status
Not open for further replies.