• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Infinite slowness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afforess

Glowstone
spout crashes A LOT and takes up many unnecessary resources which drags down most users who use this client.

Report crashes here and I will fix them. Unreported crashes will never be fixed. :)

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/spoutcraft-bug-reports-feedback.16345

Yeah, most launchers reduse lag. Spout increases it :/

Lag is almost always user error, I'd be happy to help you try to tune your video settings for the best performance if you need help.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Oh and also, I were playing single player on spout yesterday. After comming back from the nether I walk 15 blocks and the game crashes, the crash options pops up, I press report and leave to the start menu. When I logged back on I were standing in my spawn with my inventory cleared, after that the same thing happened randomly, very often. And made me unable to play any more single player..

Huge bug/error.

Edit: Damn wrong place to post this, I'll repost it at the bug report & feedback thread.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
For those who get stuck after charge moves, you can stop being slowed by using a move that charges like, bandage, pulse, bolt, megabolt, and those. It still is a HUGE pain getting rooted or something by somebody who is USING spout craft and you are not. I hope this gets fixed. :(

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I still had it earlier today, not sure what move didn't say the person used anything to immobilize me forever. I'll check again tomorrow.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
infinite quicken during mob arena is always a pain in the ass xD

Happened yesterday, so could've been fixed by now.

Also, the way spoutcraft made me rage the other day with the random crashing and disabling of the keyboard and of the mouse, forcing me to reboot, I don't even think it's worth the "no infinite slowness" fix.

until I can use a 128x128 texture pack, record and NOT lag on my mediocre macbook like I do on the normal minecraft launcher, I ain't using spoutcraft.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
  • use a 128x128 texture pack
  • record
  • mediocre macbook
*whines about lag*
Lol wat. Excuse me a moment while I violate the laws of physics to bring you your desired performance.
Hmm, let me swap recording out with Teamspeak... because I lag while recording anyways... But still, my point stands. Teamspeak is a necessity for Herocraft, and if I can't use it while using my precious sphaxx texture pack and use spout, then I'll just go back to Mojang's launcher.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • record
  • mediocre macbook
*whines about lag*
Lol wat. Excuse me a moment while I violate the laws of physics to bring you your desired performance.
Hmm, let me swap recording out with Teamspeak... because I lag while recording anyways... But still, my point stands. Teamspeak is a necessity for Herocraft, and if I can't use it while using my precious sphaxx texture pack and use spout, then I'll just go back to Mojang's launcher.
That's fine - have you even tried adjusting the game options / graphics to be on fast/fastest?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't even use teamspeak, I just use skype with my town members and for other things I use the ingame minecraft chat.

Afforess

Glowstone
  • record
  • mediocre macbook
*whines about lag*
You're not technically using Mojang's launcher either, if you are using 128x128 HD textures. :p

Anyway, I don't buy lag complaints. I was helping Kainzos friend set up Spoutcraft the other day and he was worried the FPS counter was wrong because he was getting 900fps. He switched everything to high and got 200fps. So it's gotta be user error. :p

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
@Afforess If I can use better settings, a better texture pack, and run other programs besides iTunes and Mojang's Launcher, then of course I'm gonna use Mojang's Launcher. I'm not gonna down my settings so I can play on a launcher that has features I already have on my other launcher. The only benefits right now I see of spout are:
  • Shaders - pointless, but good for cinematic shots
  • Not having to install mods - I'm not that lazy, I can install mods on my own
  • Titles above peoples heads - Once again, sort of pointless in my mind
  • Colored chat - Annoying as fuck, I actually find this to be a con, but people like it for some stupid reason
  • More settings to change - Good if you know how to counter lag and make things look good, but it was rather complicated and not much different than optifine.
Maybe I just haven't used it enough, but the pros aren't worth the cons imo

I don't get 200fps ever. If I'm getting 10 fps on spout, and 30 on MCL, you better believe I'm gonna use MCL

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I get average 30 fps, I don't use spout, I use regular minecraft client. Also, I believe colored chat is still a feature without spout if you mean the chats for your town and stuff.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I get average 30 fps, I don't use spout, I use regular minecraft client. Also, I believe colored chat is still a feature without spout if you mean the chats for your town and stuff.
I mean like people in chat going &4BLAH &2BLAH &C COLORED &3CHAT &FIS SO COOL &5BLAH

Anyway, I don't buy lag complaints. I was helping Kainzos friend set up Spoutcraft the other day and he was worried the FPS counter was wrong because he was getting 900fps. He switched everything to high and got 200fps. So it's gotta be user error. :p

I'd prefer not to buy them, but on my low end computer minecraft with optifine rolls at about twenty fps and spoutcraft rolls at about four, less if I cast jump or run while looking at a wall. I can start default minecraft with less memory and get better fps results(until it memory leaks it's way up) than spoutcraft. I am aware of no such memory options in Spoutcraft.

Another large issue I see stems from the fact that a lot of laptops from hp and dell have integrated cards with poor support for advanced openGL. We dont benefit from a large portion of the graphical optimizations available in your client. They are also not available to us in Optifine but optifine still seems to provide better performance. What does Optifine do that Spoutcraft does not?

Edit: To clarify, I really do love the features that spoutcraft brings to the minecraft experince. The ability to modify the user client on login is a forerunner for amazing user generated content for minecraft. I want to be able to run it.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Model Name:MacBook Pro
Processor Name:Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:2 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:6 MB
Memory:4 GB
Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 6490M

And this is the difference:
@Afforess - Is there an option im missing (pretty sure i checked everything). Seems to drop my FPS by more than half when i look horizontally. More so with more blocks, but just about anywhere around the map.

And hey, not bad for recording + Teamspeak + 128x128 Texture ;) (it does the FPS drops when not recordng btw)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Model Name:MacBook Pro
Processor Name:Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:2 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:6 MB
Memory:4 GB
Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 6490M

And this is the difference:
@Afforess - Is there an option im missing (pretty sure i checked everything). Seems to drop my FPS by more than half when i look horizontally. More so with more blocks, but just about anywhere around the map.

And hey, not bad for recording + Teamspeak + 128x128 Texture ;) (it does the FPS drops when not recordng btw)

Wow, the difference is extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.