• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion HeroFactions - Basic Heroes and Factions Server.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Faction Heroes. (View the Network Map!)

Possible things to discuss/refine
- LWC lock picks (or no LWCs?)
- Map expansion by 100R every 30 days.
- Factions reset every 180 days.
- Faction specific moderators / admins.
If we're going full death drops and resets, I vote no LWC's.
I feel like running into an LWC would just produce the same feeling as it does now. Disappointment.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to this more and more.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How is this different from Survival/Towns RPG?
- No Dungeons
- No Quests
- Faster Leveling
- Focus on Fluid PVP
- Less security
- Less focus on building

Why do I think this will function when other PVE / PVP splits failed?
BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THE SAME.
Before we had attempted to merge the SAME / SAME atmosphere of PVP and PVE. Now we're segregating with extreme prejudice.
I setup Aegis and Sanctuary to be clones except one offered the same game-play with no PVP. This was a drastically stupid thing in hindsight, in a perfect world with x10 the community it may have functioned but even then, PVP was hindered because it had the PVE aspects to fall back on and thus didn't promote good pvp.

Here, we have two different sever types, with VERY different roles to fulfill, one will be fluid PVP based the other will be building and heavy RPG content based.

How can we merge these servers together while not taking away from play-styles?
Simple, two currencies, one that you can earn on any server, the other being server-specific.
It's important to keep the servers separate in numerous ways but I believe there should be a "Trade-in" currency that will let players "transfer" what they have done from one server to another in terms of a Network-based Currency.

Example. A player has played Survival RPG for 2-3 months. This means they have built up a vast armory and high amount of coins. Now they want to get a leap start on Factions, but they want to give up everything, they could trade a portion of their coins to get the Network Currency (Lets call it Jewels to save time) ... so they trade COins into JEWELS at a 1000:1 ratio and are able to buy things from admin shops (or trade with other players) in order to speed up the system without wasting time completely.

Jewels (Usable on all servers on the Herocraft Network)
Coins (Usable on Faction RPG)
Coins (Usable on Survival RPG)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
So Factions will be a system with robust combat classes(ie. classes will actually play roles in a fight, and team building is a thing) and the overall experience(gear, leveling, items, towns) will be simplified?

I can see this working and being popular with both, the older veterans who want an experience like before, and new players looking to break into HC pvp.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Do we have the playerbase to even open up this new factions server? Should we not invest in advertisements and such and release these new servers based on the return?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Do we have the playerbase to even open up this new factions server? Should we not invest in advertisements and such and release these new servers based on the return?
If we send out an email and alert on the forums as if it were a map reset, I'm sure we can gather a large amount of old players for initial release. After release, getting our name out to players already familiar with factions will be drawn to us.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
iirc Kainzo has a plan for advertising.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
My two cents on potions:

It has never been properly balanced for heroes and they are not really needed (health potions aren't so bad but speed pots...). I know people argue that since everyone can get speed pots they are 'balanced' but potions (speed) help classes slightly more than others. There is not a whole tonne of clear cut examples of this but more a general concept. For example, a melee class vs a kiting class. The melee class will always be running forward while the kiting class will need to turn around and target. Overall the melee class gets more out of the speed boost.

The melee vs kiting example is just a very general thing and could probably be argued multiple ways but that is not the main reason we shouldn't keep potions (for now, they can be balanced in the future). With speed potions close to every speed boost skill gets ignored and rarely used because that speed 2 for 1:30 is much more powerful than spending mana/stamina for a less impactful speed boost. People do not want to cancel out their speed potion so they just don't use certain skills that should be part of their kit.

Pretty much potions directly take away from Heroes aspects, making them irrelevant.
Health Potions (not so much but technically they diminish healers)->Healing Skills
Speed Potions (the main problem)->Makes close to all speed skills (except accelarondo-spelt wrong) unused

I explained this much better in teamspeak the other week but couldn't really word anything properly here, but you get the point

**Edit for classes
I don't think there should only be 4 classes (basically the 4 paths). The main point of the heroes pvp that we all love is the variety of classes. Sure a lot of us are tired of the same 16+ classes but mish mashing those into 4 is not really too appealing. Why take away from the variety to choose from?

Plus a lot of classes play unique roles that you will be getting rid of. A few examples
Bard - How are you gonna fit these aspects in with rogue, the other possibility would be throwing them with healer but it doesn't really seem right
Ninja - Although you can throw some ninja skills into the rogue class it won't be the same. Ninja has a very specific play style making people utilize close to everything (maybe not blitz)
Dragoon - I personally would rather not see warriors in full diamond jumping around

I feel like you want to over simplify the classes (which in turn makes pvp too simple). I love how if you run around and run into someone there are a lot of different ways to go about fighting them depending on the classes being played.

Its going to be impossible to cram all the content of 16+ classes into into 4 classes without losing a lot of the things people love.

Last edited:
So what im hearing is... all the time i put into the rpg side i can turn into rewards should I decide to go pvp... and if I die on the factions side I don't lose a ton of progress on the rpg side...

God help me for saying this but... does this mean we're bringing back all the contested swamps? That could make things... interesting

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So what im hearing is... all the time i put into the rpg side i can turn into rewards should I decide to go pvp... and if I die on the factions side I don't lose a ton of progress on the rpg side...

God help me for saying this but... does this mean we're bringing back all the contested swamps? That could make things... interesting
Yes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We need to discuss monetization.

Right now the biggest draw for Factions Heroes will be the EXP Boosts and possible crates. What do you guys think would be a good, fair, ethical way to monetize things?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Right now the biggest draw for Factions Heroes will be the EXP Boosts and possible crates. What do you guys think would be a good, fair, ethical way to monetize things?
I remember somewhat recently we increased the price of boosts, which I think caused a lot fewer people to be interested in purchasing them. If we revert the price to what we had before, I think that would be fair. With regards to crates I don't really have an opinion either way.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
There are a lot of things you could add to the store but majority would be play to win. and I believe this is not op factions so buying gear would be dumbo.

I'll have a think

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I know many servers give their donors a +1/2 power, or faster power regen.

Supply and demand. What you wanna do is a run a poll, through either E-mail, forum, or in game (in game will get the most hits, create a message of the day that links people to forums. this incentivizes sign-ups to answer for people who would consider making purchases) and with the poll determine what it is people would be willing to pay for. List of potential goods people would buy: boosts, crate keys, t2 tomes, extra /f claim space, subscription packages that grant access to higher tiered kits (so people can just /claim and run into the warzone with some gear they would otherwise have to grind for), allowance for an LWC in this manner perhaps, not being able to use souls for LWC's would highly incentivize the purchase of them. Add all these items to the poll and ask A. should this be purchasable, answer yes or no and explain; and B. is this is a fair price for the good. That way you get answers along the lines of "I don't like the pay to win on LWC's to make bases unraidable" vs answers like "that would be a good source of server income and few enough people would purchase it to where we can still raid efficiently." As well as "if people are willing to pay for an unraidable base, they should pay $20" vs "20 seems steep, I think 10 would do."

At the end of the poll, leave a space saying: Are there any specific items you'd like to see on the market? List the good, price, and reasoning for adding it and it can be taken into consideration.
Basically, this collects the info of A. what does the consumer market demand? B. At what price will demand be high enough to not unbalance the game while being low enough to get enough purchases, and C. input for innovative ideas that can be listed as more potential sources of income.

#love_economics

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Supply and demand. What you wanna do is a run a poll, through either E-mail, forum, or in game (in game will get the most hits, create a message of the day that links people to forums. this incentivizes sign-ups to answer for people who would consider making purchases) and with the poll determine what it is people would be willing to pay for. List of potential goods people would buy: boosts, crate keys, t2 tomes, extra /f claim space, subscription packages that grant access to higher tiered kits (so people can just /claim and run into the warzone with some gear they would otherwise have to grind for), allowance for an LWC in this manner perhaps, not being able to use souls for LWC's would highly incentivize the purchase of them. Add all these items to the poll and ask A. should this be purchasable, answer yes or no and explain; and B. is this is a fair price for the good. That way you get answers along the lines of "I don't like the pay to win on LWC's to make bases unraidable" vs answers like "that would be a good source of server income and few enough people would purchase it to where we can still raid efficiently." As well as "if people are willing to pay for an unraidable base, they should pay $20" vs "20 seems steep, I think 10 would do."

At the end of the poll, leave a space saying: Are there any specific items you'd like to see on the market? List the good, price, and reasoning for adding it and it can be taken into consideration.
Basically, this collects the info of A. what does the consumer market demand? B. At what price will demand be high enough to not unbalance the game while being low enough to get enough purchases, and C. input for innovative ideas that can be listed as more potential sources of income.

#love_economics
My understanding is that we aren't even going to have legendary classes (no tomes) or tier two classes on the factions server. We also want to keep it from being pay2win, so paying for extra claim space, currency, or even kits doesn't seem right to me.

My understanding is that we aren't even going to have legendary classes (no tomes) or tier two classes on the factions server. We also want to keep it from being pay2win, so paying for extra claim space, currency, or even kits doesn't seem right to me.
Sorry, was using those as potential purchase ideas, not saying that's what we should use. Should have been more specific. However, the general idea of getting innovative ideas and feedback and peoples opinions on it was the intention of the message, you need to find what the target market desires in order to make sales to them.

Sorry, was using those as potential purchase ideas, not saying that's what we should use. Should have been more specific. However, the general idea of getting innovative ideas and feedback and peoples opinions on it was the intention of the message, you need to find what the target market desires in order to make sales to them.
Instead of LWC, could use /enderchest to access it from anywhere. That's a better example that doesn't change gameplay necessarily, but is convenient and something people would pay to have.

I think that access to a once daily basic armor kit would not be game breaking. Just a little something so that when someone dies mob farming they can quickly get some armor to get their stuff back (if someone else hasn't already).