• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion HeroFactions - Basic Heroes and Factions Server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This server is something I believe is missing from the server market and I want to add a light-rpg (simplistic!) twist to a fluid pvp realm like factions. The goal is to draw in new players when we push our advertising harder and to ensure that players learn the very basic of Heroes in a solid PVP environment.

Faction Heroes. (View the Network Map!)
- Small Map (2000x2000) --- vanilla generation
- Simplified Items
- Simplified yet Expansive Classes
- Increased leveling rate
- Randomized spawning (with MythicMobs on the back end for anti-exploiting)
- Death Drops
- Enderchest for rare / useful items
- Limited Faction Sizes
- ELO PVP
- Graveyards
- Potions and Enchants with some restrictions (need refinement)

Possible things to discuss/refine
- LWC lock picks (or no LWCs?)
- Map expansion by 100R every 30 days.
- Factions reset every 180 days.

Factions
+
Heroes

Class List:

WARRIOR > Full Diamond, Iron Sword, Warrior like Skills (up for debate) --- skills limited to 6
ROGUE > Full Leather/Gold, Diamond Weps, Rogue-like skills (up for debate) --- skills limited to 6
MAGE > Full Leather, Light weps - 8 skills
Healer > Full Iron, Light weps - 8 skills
ARCHER > Chain, Iron/Gold + Bow ---- 6 skills

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Why iron sword? They break super quick

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
warrior-> diamond
healer-> gold
rogue-> chain
archer-> leather with chain helmet
mage-> leather

so there is a distinct difference between the classes armor should be as mentioned. pretty sure you have a armor plugin as well which allows you to change the amount of damage blocked each set up armor does so doesn't matter about balance.

Also @Kainzo Are we looking to drag in the current faction player base with something different so will we allow health pots? protection IV? op enchanting? grinders?

Also are you going to be using a HCF plugin going raidable off DTR or the plain old faction plugin that works off tnt raiding to raid peoples bases?

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I'd rather keep the more complex classes, but just add factions...
I like that but I also dont like that, with factions its more fast paced and having the complexity of regular classes can make the fights take longer or more to think about. I would like to see just some quick faction pvp that everyone is used to on factions.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I like that but I also dont like that, with factions its more fast paced and having the complexity of regular classes can make the fights take longer or more to think about. I would like to see just some quick faction pvp that everyone is used to on factions.
That's fine, but I would think SOME kind of planning would be nice. Perhaps two different classes for Rogue, Mage, Warrior, and Support? Damage Warrior/Tank Warrior, Mobility Rogue/Damage Rogue, CC Mage/ S-Target Damage Mage, Healing Support/Buffing Support?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
warrior-> diamond
healer-> gold
rogue-> chain
mage-> leather

so there is a distinct difference between the classes armor should be as mentioned. pretty sure you have a armor plugin as well which allows you to change the amount of damage blocked each set up armor does so doesn't matter about balance.

Also @Kainzo Are we looking to drag in the current faction player base with something different so will we allow health pots? protection IV? op enchanting? grinders?

Also are you going to be using a HCF plugin going raidable off DTR or the plain old faction plugin that works off tnt raiding to raid peoples bases?
@Kainzo bump??

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
warrior-> diamond
healer-> gold
rogue-> chain
mage-> leather

No there is no plugin like that, but with 1.9 there is armor mitigation so we can adjust the numbers once it comes out.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Implementing a dumbed down version of Heroes in a faction server will not help the already tiny population we have on Survival RPG. Even if the new people pick up the heroes mod, that won't translate to a dedicated playerbase.

If new advertising will direct players to a simpler, easier, less grindy faction version of Heroes, how do you intend to keep us in the main server, when numbers are already weak?

A solid PvP environment would be nice to have.... here....

Lordofon

Glowing Redstone
yeah geez, i super agree with dsawemded, why split the playerbase with our already small one? we should only have adventure, survival, creative, and maybe some minigames dood

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Implementing a dumbed down version of Heroes in a faction server will not help the already tiny population we have on Survival RPG. Even if the new people pick up the heroes mod, that won't translate to a dedicated playerbase.

If new advertising will direct players to a simpler, easier, less grindy faction version of Heroes, how do you intend to keep us in the main server, when numbers are already weak?

A solid PvP environment would be nice to have.... here....
yeah geez, i super agree with dsawemded, why split the playerbase with our already small one? we should only have adventure, survival, creative, and maybe some minigames dood
-.-' Really? People are still saying this stuff?

Kainzo's major grand idea is to have a Network, similar to the Larger Servers Networks, where players can choose among many unique Servers. This allows us to keep a larger Playerbase than just one Server alone. 1 + 1 = 2

The HeroFactions server will be Appealing to people who, Simply, Like Factions. If your currently playing Hero-Survival now, you won't play a Faction Server. But the outside people who like Factions will look at Herocraft and see we have Factions, and come to play.

Sure, a few people may go to Herofactions because they like it more, but I do not forsee any issues as bad as Aegius ( The Map with Different Worlds for PVE and PVP )

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5

Kainzo's major grand idea is to have a Network, similar to the Larger Servers Networks, where players can choose among many unique Servers. This allows us to keep a larger Playerbase than just one Server alone. 1 + 1 = 2

The HeroFactions server will be Appealing to people who, Simply, Like Factions. If your currently playing Hero-Survival now, you won't play a Faction Server. But the outside people who like Factions will look at Herocraft and see we have Factions, and come to play.

Sure, a few people may go to Herofactions because they like it more, but I do not forsee any issues as bad as Aegius ( The Map with Different Worlds for PVE and PVP )
This would still split up the playerbase. Sure, we would probably get more new players on the factions server, but then you'd have a bunch of players leaving the RPG server for something that they are more familiar with.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

Comparing it to a larger server network is a big flaw, large server networks already have a huge player base so they have the time and money to experiment, since on average we have a high of 60 people on a day we should maybe look into advertising the already fine server more than looking into new ones and lets face this, the only reason its so low now is because we tried to experiment with the community with the start of Haven which had some PvP "turnoffs", then Aegis had bigger turnoffs, then Valorium tried to make the community less divided, which did not do much and late map everyone was on the PvE side. Come Citadel with all the PvPers gone we tried to bring it back and that failed since all of them left due to the change in Haven and Aegis. The problem is we experiment too much, the community is screwed up so much now that no one even knows what HC is, if we would have just sticked with the PvP formula back in Bastion then we would have kept the community, but that is just a dream. I hate to rain on your parade, Bastion had more players.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Comparing it to a larger server network is a big flaw, large server networks already have a huge player base so they have the time and money to experiment, since on average we have a high of 60 people on a day we should maybe look into advertising the already fine server more than looking into new ones and lets face this, the only reason its so low now is because we tried to experiment with the community with the start of Haven which had some PvP "turnoffs", then Aegis had bigger turnoffs, then Valorium tried to make the community less divided, which did not do much and late map everyone was on the PvE side. Come Citadel with all the PvPers gone we tried to bring it back and that failed since all of them left due to the change in Haven and Aegis. The problem is we experiment too much, the community is screwed up so much now that no one even knows what HC is, if we would have just sticked with the PvP formula back in Bastion then we would have kept the community, but that is just a dream. I hate to rain on your parade, Bastion had more players.
You know why I facepalmed this

Edit: It seems like *Counts* 4 of you don't know either :p
Edit2: *Eats cookie* Thanks!
Edit3: MOAR COOKIES *NOM NOM NOM*

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
This would still split up the playerbase. Sure, we would probably get more new players on the factions server, but then you'd have a bunch of players leaving the RPG server for something that they are more familiar with.
The Idea being that we can increase the Potential Player Base more, means that our Server Pop would go up. With more Population we can use more Money towards Advertisement and get more Players.

Even if people do Migrate to Factions, its a Short Term Punishment for Long Term Survival :D