• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Heroes... we need to talk.

Should players be able to have a COMBAT role and a CRAFTER role at the same time?

• Total voters

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I like the secondary idea. Maybe instead of trying to figure out how to dual-class everything, we instead give everyone a secondary Construction class. This allows the PvPers to use the basic skills for general building, while the Crafters get all the fancy stuff, as well as limited access to the other crafting classes via those basic skills.

Example Construction secondary class skill list:
Level 15 - Lifts
Level 30 - Place Redstone Repeaters
Level 40 - Deconstruct
Level 50 - Repair Tool

This way everyone would have access to the basic things people use in creating their houses and day-to-day sustainability, and the primary crafting classes still keep their specialty.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
That's true, this would leave the door open for not-quite-crafter secondary classes. And keeping some kind of Crafter as a choice in the pvp-class slot would be a good thing. I like it more!

RedKhan

Soulsand
And maybe to make things more fair to those who have taken the time to master crafter and spec it, and not make it so all their hardwork can now be gained by typing /hero choose ____, we can still make people level basic crafter before being able to choose those four specs. Just a thought.

I actually assumed this would be the case, gotta go through basic crafter before mason/smith etc.

Dustyman

TNT
Alright alright alright, I guess this idea is okay, but why 4 base crafter choices, are you saying say, CRAFTER + ROUGE, or CRAFTER + WARRIOR, ect. ect? Please explain.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Ahh, I didn't make my meaning clear. Swapping specs would still have the same limitations as it does now: if the spec you are currently in is not lvl 50 then swapping out of it will instantly lose you all of the levels/exp in that spec. I was thinking more of someone that has mastered both a combat spec and a crafting spec (or even 2 crafting specs or 2 combat specs). At the moment it's a bit too expensive to be able to swap to a pvp spec for a bit then back to your crafting spec. That said, we don't want a return to the days when it was free and people were swapping specs mid-fight.
Perhaps a cheaper cost combined with a cooldown before you can swap again...?

Actually mal, what he was saying, was it was never kain's intention for people to switch specs at all, you were just sapposed to choose one, and only that one, but he gave people the option to switch if they really wanted to for a hefty price.

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
Well its a good idea, But honestly, I'd be happy with say all classes being able to use chest shops. Perhaps crafters and donators get to use chest shops? dunno. Maybe that can be a new T6 thing or an upcoming T7 thing whenever that comes out.