• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
So how has heroes been coming along over the past weeks? Everything going well? Still a may 31st release if possible? Can we please get an update to any class changes, skill changes, or current problems being worked through?

Really curious to know what's going on, sucks I don't know java yet to help out D=, this will be the best plugin ever made.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey :icon_mrgreen:, things are looking great so far but im kinda worried about the monks usefulness.

The 5x dmg is a good boost and the stun seems useful but i dont get the fall damage skill. 1 min duration and a 10 min cooldown seems abit steep, why make it castable instead of passive btw? A 1 min duration with a 3 min CD would make it a useful personal/party utility imo, its use would still need to be managed but it would be available enough that its constantly used. Also i personally feel that if monks have a passive ability it should be one for movement speed since their skillset gives them a powerful body.

But I'm mainly worried about the fact that the monk has no advanced party skills. I dont see any reason to value a monk more than a basic healer from a party/group perspective. A knockback punch skill or stance/aura or heal skill would be a good addition. For instance/example:

:icon_arrow: *Palm Strike* Knocks an enemy away from the caster x distance for 3x normal fist damage ( 3x opposed to 5x due to say the fact that the punches power is being forwardly dispersed causing KB). 1 min C/D. EDIT: i like this one the most as it would give the monk a bodyguard/protector/support feel instead of a warrior feel :icon_mrgreen:.

:icon_arrow: *Faith* The Casters character emanates light only visible to party members, Due to chanting/prayer the casters iron fist damage bonus is reduced to 3-4x. 2-3 min duration 5 min cooldown. EDIT: id say i like this second best, itd make the monk an asset for ambushes, hell runs, and mine defense/invasion. No clue on what itd take to code it tho.

:icon_arrow: *Adjustment* When cast the next person right clicked undergoes muscle adjustment and is healed x amount (mainly they need to be within arms reach for its use.). EDIT: My least favorite since its kinda generic and plain but i still like the idea alot.

Those are just off the top of my head but mainly id just like to see some sort of advanced usefulness in a party from the class.Ive typed too much @_@.

Just my 2cent

EDIT: i added comments to the skills to show my perspective on them/teamplay.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Well my understanding is that the damage each item does in the game will be fine tuned and damage for some, such as pick axes, will be taken off completely(so builders can't use diamond pick axes to kill). This makes battles last much longer and seem like you have a lot more health.

This makes the monk's eagle fist (stun 2 seconds) quite valuable in a fight because 2 seconds is a lot in pvp even if it doesn't sound like it.

Jumping off high areas is always good like for chasing people quicker, or setting up a good ambush where someone can jump off of a ridiculous spot that the enemy would never expect. It's not easy and won't always be useful, but I can see how it could be an asset to pvp. Especially in the nether where it's all cliffs. Jump off ridiculous height, distract them for a second, stun for 2 more, rest of the party has a bridge built and is now down to finish him.

As I said with weapons and items being fine tuned for damage, I'm sure they will do something about fists, but even if it goes down the same % that other things do, I think it was worked out that they would be punching as strong as iron swords. They get NO weapons usually, so that skill is like giving them an iron sword that is harder to use. It's a healer class, it's not meant to be THAT good at fighting, just decent, because it has a skill you forgot, basic healer healing.

Because of the healing you get at level 1 you can bandage yourself in the middle of a fight and start regenerating health even if you are out of food, and it's a pretty half decent regeneration unless they changed it since I last used it.

So you are a guy in leather armor with an iron sword that regenerates health constantly that can ambush/escape off of any height cliffs and stun them before you pummel them or stun before you run, getting a good head start.

Certainly not a warrior class, but it will be good.

EDIT:: I like the idea of the aura's but I don't see anything being re done unless the classes end up being too unbalanced. It would be a cool class to replace the monk though, since there are an even amount of sub classes per class. Although I like the monk and the plugin should be mostly finished by now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! It takes a lot to balance and adjust skills - we're doing this 100% in house.

We -will- be adjusting the damage on certain things we don't want the IronFist damage to be super high - but more or less around stone-> Iron strength.

Bandage will be tuned a bit to make it better for everyone and what have you.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Is there a NEW sneak peek maybe a new thread with the title HEROS current Revision 11/30/2011 or something so those of us fumbling around here don't keep reading the old material?

there seems to be alot of talk about lots of stuff I never heard of or can find details too... which to me is very frustrating.
I dont like not knowing what I can or cant do.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Airbus, here is the newest list of skills for heroes that I know of.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0ApuC4DXz9lwndDhzTndfeGRaR2RvLXRKR3BUcFNVdGc&hl=en&gid=0

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Wolf Thanks for help'n me out!

I see its now in the first part of the thread, thats good.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
wonder how this will work with heroes, especially if someone is skilled with the skill version of jump.
http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/75455902018310144

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Doreagarde said:
Kainzo said:
Nerfed is something that happens after release :p

How does it feel, Kain? How does it feel to be the nerfer? To wield the power to nerf??

The forums will hence forth be filled with "My class was nerfed!@!@" whining :p