• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Texture Pack - [WIP] - [Last Update 07-04-2012]

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
Header.png

What is it?

A Texturepack created by @Galaxial and @Upb34t .

This is a WIP-Project as we haven't started as of yet, but want to share our ideas with you and get feedback and input on certain designs and how you'd want it to turn out.

This isn't merely a project that we realise for you, but it's a community project as we imagine it to be the official Herocraft Texturepack and thus has to be created by its entire community. We want you to help us by giving us improvement suggestions and other valuable input.

Pictures will be uploaded soon.

Other Info: It will be most likely 32x for now, we might increase resolution if we see fit.

More to come soon. ;)

Thank you,
Galaxial and Upb34t

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
Please post below with ideas/feedback/design wishes/etc.

Thank you <3

Things I would enjoy in particular:

• Chainmail that doesn't look like Hairnets, Stringed Vests and Stockings!
  • Non-cardboard leather armour! (Make it look like Braveheart armour!)
  • Better bricks (the clay ones)
  • Awesome looking swords/hoes
  • Better looking diamond stuff
  • Different styles of bows (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_shape)
  • Jukeboxes into some form of tool a bard would use (like a lute or harp - yes I realise you can't put disks in there)

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
Only problem with exchanging such items such as the Hoe for a Wand etc is that most weapons have two uses... could you see yourself plowing dirt with a magic fairy wand?

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I think in regard to regular blocks, I would suggest taking inspiration from texture packs like doku, ovo's rustic, summerfields, inspiration by tobiwankenobi, and soartex. They are really nice rpg-ish tps :D

Make sure the shovel texture is flipped, so it has a stabbing animation, and not a slapping/chopping animation.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
Thank you all for your suggestions!
We may well actually create a PVP/Non-PVP version as it will suit to fulfill the needs aforementioned. It may be even practical to produce such texture packs that only differ in terms of their weapons/tools.
More suggestions are welcomed!

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
The idea of more than one texture pack seems kinda stupid and destroys the point of a "Herocraft Texture Pack" in my opinion, PvP and Non-PvP come and go on this server so you would be constantly switching between TPs.
I would just suggest that you make the Tools all appear more Heroic; shinier and sharper!
For example, make shovels pointed like swords but still shovel shaped.

Really nice idea that you are making a texture pack though, good luck they aren't easy to get right!