• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Manabar Mod v2.0, Minecraft 1.4.7 Compatible

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
Whats New
  • 1.4.7 Compatible
  • More optimization because I can
  • Stuff set up better on my end to hopefully speed up updates
What's Old
  • Display % mana remaining
  • Filter crafter and combat XP out of chat separate from each other.
  • Customizable
  • Fancy look
  • 1.3.2 compatible
  • Doesn't modify any existing files (Still needs modloader)
  • Custom texture support
  • Color sliders for changing bar color
  • Position sliders for changing bar position
  • Scale slider for changing bar size
  • Ability to disable mana bar without uninstalling
  • Better optimization
How to use
  • Install Risugami's ModLoader (Forge ModLoader might work too)
  • Install mod (Download link below) to jar or the mods folder. (The folder might not work, haven't tested)
  • Start up the game.
  • Turn on /hero verbose if it's not on
  • (Optional) Press escape and click the button to edit settings
  • Enjoy.
For Spout UsersEDIT: NO VERSION FOR SPOUT UNTIL NEW SPOUT IS OUT
  • There will be a version of this for spout soon™, along with Rei's Minimap
  • It will hide the server side mana bar so you don't have 2 bars
  • You will still have to have verbose turned on, but the mod will still be able to filter it.
To use custom textures
  • Run the game once, let it load to the main menu
  • Go to your minecraft directory
  • Go to the Mana Bar Data directory
  • Edit Background.png and Fill.png to your liking. You can change the size as long as the aspect ratio is the same.
  • Don't mess with Glint.png unless you want to screw around with the overlay, the game doesn't use typical rendering techniques for this image so it won't look like you want it to.
  • If you're unhappy with any of the textures you've made just delete them and run the game again, it will re-download the deleted ones.
Download Link: http://unknownloner.com/manabar/Mana Bar.zip

After a long day of work I've produced a mod that adds a mana bar to your screen, displaying your current mana. It also let's you choose to turn off combat exp or crafter exp appearing in chat from /Hero Verbose

After shooting some fireballs and having terrible aim.​

MruFD.png
Combat exp doesn't show up when you disable it.​
gwx9M.png
Crafter exp doesn't show up either when you disable it.​
tdAHj.png
Excuse the terrible way to get to the options menu for the mod, I wanted to limit interference with other mods.​
QuXto.png
Once at the options screen, it works like any other.​
ywJrV.png

Requirements:​
  • ModLoader
  • /Hero Verbose must be enabled
How to Install:​
Installation is like most other mods, drag the files out of the zip file and into the minecraft.jar file.​
Known Compatibility:​
  • Works with Improved Chat
  • Works with Rei's Minimap
  • Works with Optifine
  • May or may not work with other mods, check to see if my mod modifies the same class files as the other mod does
1/29/12 ~2:00 AM - Version 1 of mod​
1/29/12 ~3:00 AM - Version 2 of mod, improved options interface.​
1/29/12 ~ 12:30 PM - Added "Still Overlay" mode for mana bar.​
1/31/12 ~ 11:40 PM - Added repositioning feature for moving the mana bar, Fixed the options file being generated in the same folder as the launcher. Basic framework for customizable colors and mana bar size put in place.​
2/2/2012 ~ 11:00 PM - Added color switching, accessing the mana bar menu is done by a normal button.​
2/5/2012 ~ 4:00 AM - Fixed the escape menu button not respositioning itself correctly when window was resized​
3/27/2012 ~ 8:00 PM - Updated to 1.2.4​
5/10/2012 ~ 9:00 PM - Updated to 1.2.5​
If you have any other questions about the mod post a reply.​

agentjwall

Godly
If I had to make one complaint it's that the image files cannot be edited to accommodate different texture-packs. But besides that, this mod is simply amazing and you have my eternal gratitude.

You're my Hero!
See what I did there? ~^,

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
It shold have a little bar above it.. And when the cooldown for your spell that u last used is over it turns green and when your cooling down its red.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
I might be able to do that, but I'll need to add in the data for all the spells in the game. My mod doesn't actually use any pngs but I'll add in custom texture support when I get the chance, It'll be rendered beneath the overlay effect so you'll have to turn that off if you want to see the whole thing.
EDIT: after thinking about it, because the cool downs are dependent on server side tick rate, I wouldn't be able to put in the cool down unless kainzo made hero verbose alert you of cool downs coming back up.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
Added "Still Overlay" mode, a still version of the animation, for those that don't want animations but don't want the base blue.

mt51784

Legacy Supporter 4
F*CKING AMAZING! Been wanting this for a long time nice to see you get it done in like 2 days bro keep up the good work seems your getting the hang of java.

Note: update to this mod is coming to allow you to repositioning the mana bar and resizing of the mana bar.

I agree, this mod is pretty rad. My only suggestion would be to add an optional bar on the bottom-left corner that tracks your profession XP and level (as your combat class XP gain is displayed via the traditional XP bar).
This should be sticky'd, or at least added to the list of allowed mods and/or the official modpack.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
I agree, this mod is pretty rad. My only suggestion would be to add an optional bar on the bottom-left corner that tracks your profession XP and level (as your combat class XP gain is displayed via the traditional XP bar).
This should be sticky'd, or at least added to the list of allowed mods and/or the official modpack.
I will be doing this once I find the best way to sync your xp.

Phreshmaker

Legacy Supporter 4
I like this but for some reason the custom verbose isn't working so I can't use it :( sucks cause I like the mana bar(it works perfectly) but the cobble spam is too much.