• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hamlet] Malum [14] [GOOD]

InAcan

Coal
I don't think I really have any good references anymore. Most of my potenteial vouchees aren't active on the server anymore, as all my fellow citizens left around the time that the most recent map was wiped. I don't really associate with much of anyone on the server currently except for my current digging-buddy TehGreenBean.
And don't think for a minute that being an anarchist stops me from being able to work with other people. I can understand people coming together to accomplish a common goal, and hey, I sure don't mind having someone to watch my back.
I simply feel that obedience is a neccessary evil. One that all forms of society is based upon. I sympathize far more with smaller communities that massive conglomerates or empires.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
InAcan, I'm gonna give you a shot in Malum. I will be perfectly honest in saying that we are not doing very well right now due to some inactivity amongst our members. Half our member base consists of a single family, who are going through a rough patch right now.
Get with me in game, or join /ch mal and get with one of the folks there to get our coordinates and other information. Be sure you are familiar with our rules, as I expect them to be adhered to religiously.

The town is still very much a work in progress, as most of the infrastructure still remains to be built (farms, our road, key features, etc)

By the way, whoever has used ALL the sulphur in the storage room to make TNT when I specifically said not to touch the stuff - I'm going to find you. It's not going to be pretty. Hope you enjoyed your 192 exp.

Note to ALL citizens: If you aren't adding to storage, do not take from storage. I have allowed my past towns to simply take what they wish, and it worked out great, but that approach will not work here. If you're not helping supply it, you're not welcome to use it. Thanks.

Edit-

Being that we are now accepting applications, I will be implementing a system that I have used in other games. Malum will officially work on a Trial system. All players who join the town will be written in the Malum Book of Secrets, where I will record everything they do! Essentially.
Trial members will be watched more carefully. It will be noted when they display behavior that is not suited to our community, or when they break our rules. If a trial member conflicts with our image, they will be expelled.
Other things will also be recorded. Particularly helpfulness, hard work, good personality, and other things like this will also be noted.

In the future, Trial members will have restricted access to the town. May include gate/exit access, storage access, and other things such as that. Herocraft's user base in untrustworthy. sadly.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Bout time.
New group forming, basically an anti town alliance. Nater, you're fired as SIC and are now the general. Take our players and any allies with you and raid any affiliated towns when you feel up to it.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Welcome InAcan to Malum! He's fresh meat, so be sure to help toughen em up before I toss him on the grill.
Speaking of which, the furnace room has been completed. The upper floor houses 270 furnaces, while the lower floor is The Grill. The furnace room is in fact a giant furnace. I do not recommend idling inside the furnace, because it is a furnace, and furnaces are hot. The furnace room may be lethal. I'll make a panic button so no one can be trapped inside, but for now, tough luck. In the future it will fill with lava.
The Grill is what it sounds like. It's a metal floor with lava underneath. It is highly lethal, and purely ornamental. It may also be used for death matches if you can't settle your squabbles, so shut up or I'll lock you in with each other!

Things Apple needs:
Labor
Sand

Projects:
The farms
Victory Road

Other stuff we need:
A master mason
A master engineer
A gate house and gate
Apples

Get with me when online if you'd like to contribute your hands to some hard labor. Tools MAY be provided, if available. Our diamond tool supply is mostly gone, and I'm having trouble getting our enchanter to enchant.
Those of you with plots: I'd like to see buildings where your plots are. Get to work! I am exempt from this, for I am the mayor, and the mayor does not have time to sleep!

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Been mining, probably going to join my best bud Watter_Bottle in the ranks of masonry :)

Edit: scratch that, I have a final draft to do this weekend... but after next week I have a full 2 weeks of spring break! yay

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
You'll hang from the wall by your toes.

Official measurements of "Victory Road":
Height: 10
Width: 16
Length: 500
Block Est.: 30,000

At 500 length, the road will rise from bedrock in a 4 block step. The staircase will be about 325 blocks long, and will surface just off the main road.
Get with me to get the details about how the gatehouse will be positioned.
This is our first project outside of Malum. Do not carry valuables. Carry a pick, a shovel, and food. Store all cobble. Return frequently when you find gold or other valuables. If anyone begins digging down to the road, recall. Report any holes that are not filled as griefing.

While working, do not leave the exit from Malum open.

IGN: TehGreenBean
Previous towns (inc. past maps): On the previous map I was known as a pocket healer of Adrastos
Why do you want to join us?: I want to make a name for myself as a protector of lowbies and all that is righteous. I want this magnificent hamlet of yours to become a beacon of light and justice on this server. One that all evil forces will think twice about attacking!
Class/Profession: level 3 Rogue / 13 Crafter
Do you like to work?: I thrive on it!!
Are you a member of any guilds?: No, sir.
What is your opinion on apples?: I think they are a delectable fruit with both sweet taste and crisp freshness.
How do you plan on helping out Malum?:Any way my low level self can. Give me orders and they will be followed.
Brief description of myself: I am an easy going person that is very likable. I take orders well and I am active at least a few hours a night but even more on the weekends. You say you can be difficult at times and I can assure you that I can handle a lot of bullshit. So, I ask of you kind sir to allow me one chance to be a citizen of your fine hamlet.​

Sean53

Stone
IGN: smileysullivan53
Previous towns (inc. past maps): A small dirt shack in the mountains, but no towns.
Why do you want to join us?: I need a place to call my own. I need to be surrounded by friends who will help me, and I will do my best myself in return.
Class/Profession: Caster
Do you like to work?: Yes, very much so.
Are you a member of any guilds?: No.
What is your opinion on apples?: They can be delicious or friendly, depending on what type.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
IGN: TehGreenBean
Previous towns (inc. past maps): On the previous map I was known as a pocket healer of Adrastos
Why do you want to join us?: I want to make a name for myself as a protector of lowbies and all that is righteous. I want this magnificent hamlet of yours to become a beacon of light and justice on this server. One that all evil forces will think twice about attacking!
Class/Profession: level 3 Rogue / 13 Crafter
Do you like to work?: I thrive on it!!
Are you a member of any guilds?: No, sir.
What is your opinion on apples?: I think they are a delectable fruit with both sweet taste and crisp freshness.
How do you plan on helping out Malum?:Any way my low level self can. Give me orders and they will be followed.
Brief description of myself: I am an easy going person that is very likable. I take orders well and I am active at least a few hours a night but even more on the weekends. You say you can be difficult at times and I can assure you that I can handle a lot of bullshit. So, I ask of you kind sir to allow me one chance to be a citizen of your fine hamlet.
Ma'am*
Looks good. I'll talk to you in game.

IGN: smileysullivan53
Previous towns (inc. past maps): A small dirt shack in the mountains, but no towns.
Why do you want to join us?: I need a place to call my own. I need to be surrounded by friends who will help me, and I will do my best myself in return.
Class/Profession: Caster
Do you like to work?: Yes, very much so.
Are you a member of any guilds?: No.
What is your opinion on apples?: They can be delicious or friendly, depending on what type.
Since you're a fresh Herocraft player, I'll have to check some things first, I'll get back to your application in 15ish minutes, pending a lack of disasters.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Sully, what would you describe your play style as?

Green, it happens :I We've drove out a lot of the threats around Malum, but it's still not safe outside. Fortunately, we have little need to worry about the outside world.

Sean53

Stone
Sully, what would you describe your play style as?

Green, it happens :I We've drove out a lot of the threats around Malum, but it's still not safe outside. Fortunately, we have little need to worry about the outside world.
I try to create tight bonds with other players to rely on and to help when they need it. I can usually hold my own, but being new to this, i am not doing so well -_-
I try my best nonetheless and will always do whatever it takes for the good of the people.
Another note: I am new and have no idea on the locations of anything. I am a level 8 caster/crafter and may need a nudge in the right direction ( Not that a "slave driver" like you would mind throwing me off a cliff for a head start :p)

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I try to create tight bonds with other players to rely on and to help when they need it. I can usually hold my own, but being new to this, i am not doing so well -_-
I try my best nonetheless and will always do whatever it takes for the good of the people.
You're aware we're a strictly anti-PK town, right? We have very specific guidelines on who may be attacked. I'm wary of allowing new users into my town, since there is little history to judge by. I can easily deny someone like Greekcrackshot, since I know he has a history of PKing and other things that go against our morals. So, do your goals line up with Malum's?