• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Good Grief - see what i did there?

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
This is a hardcore server, if you don't like grief then donate for a region or join a town. Go back to single player if you don't like it. That's my opinion.

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe if regions were more readily accessible then Grey's idea would work imo.
It would just be extremely unfair to people who arent in a town or arent t4, and they already have it though.

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
ty for getting us back on track majora :3

i actually think that giving hawkeye in the hands of some normal people, like donators/mayors/etc would make it so that they could see who did the griefing and seek out justice instead of having to wait for and bother the staff to

I wouldn't like that at all.. cause then everyone could have someone to check who stole from them. The best thief is the one that doesn't get caught, if donators/mayors had logblock.. then no more epic thievery with everyone knowing who to blame.

malmenca

Diamond
On a more serious note I'm with @Diffuse on this one. I've said this time and time again that griefing should be punish able to the fullest extent. Although as @GreekCrackShot pointed out real life parallels don't quite match up, griefing is like a "gateway drug" so to speak. Its a sign that someone may commit further griefings without care if they know they can get away with it. And I yeas ill bring up the fact that everymod+ says" DONT pe something you can fix in under two minutes. But we still will handle these STUPID/SILLY/MINOR PE's". This can't be the right attitude to take on the matter. Its like saying "deal with the cheaters yourself."

On a side not I'm sure many people PE small griefings to get the perpetrators who done did the grief. Not so much for help cleaning it up

malmenca

Diamond
Wow I'm shocked as to how this thread plays out. I finished reading the entire thing just now and the absurdity of people. If you can't keep issues with other players beyond the conversation then don't bother posting. Holy Shit.

actually witch hunts were performed on people who did not "mesh" and were either killed or outcast if they were found to not be able to co-exist with the community.

Really depends on what witch hunts you're referring to. The Spanish Inquisition, Salem trials and the hunts in Geneva were perpetrated by very different groups of people and occurred for very different reasons.