• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General]Region Abuse Consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
@Diffuse
Not everyone can use lwcs, in my case I removed a few because I'm saving for capital.
Why hide chests if you're in a suppsedly safe town?
Most people don't have personal regions...
Be more active? You guys did it early morning EST while we were sleeping. some were on but no managers.
We have a generally diverse group, but you did it at a time when no one was on the server idiot.
Perm ban sounds fine to me, especially if alts are used. So you're telling me towns shouldn't recruit newbier players in fear of alts?

What you did is sick, wrong, and inexcusable. @PernixPike @sirdemonic## should be ashamed of themselves, punished, and req'd to return illegally stolen loot.
Also, fuck you, that is all.
your just angry that you have to rebuy everything, I wouldve thought that u would have lwcs

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
your just angry that you have to rebuy everything, I wouldve thought that u would have lwcs
Could you come with something constructive? This is a problem almost every town faces, and it's one of the biggest reasons people quit hc. Especially new players who hasn't become too attached to the server yet decides to leave after they just lose everything they have worked for, maybe not the first time, but this happens a lot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The exploiters/abusers would quit due to money/xp removal? Good, we don't want them here, they are making huge amounts of other members quit.

A

alexhoff1

I personally like being a LONER, it avoids all this drama and finger pointing.

besides, you guys are just mad because some dirt was broken.. that's the way I view it.
LWC = SAFE
DIRT = Saying FU to raiders

just saying.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
No, that's not why anyone in Oblivion is angry. We are angry because some dick thought he would be funny, and decided to abuse regions and burn our stuff, to get 5 minutes of fame from his friends. Ulduardriver and Diffuse are both pathetic.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Also, I agree with @MrAwesomeShadow 's first post. It makes perfect sense. People who region abuse need to be punished properly.
I'm sure people who are "victims" of region abuse, feel how I feel.
You spend countless days/hours, building nice stuff, getting all your materials, supplies, gold, diamonds, all that good stuff. After all that hard work, some nobody just comes and gets rid of it all? I mean, honestly, there is no point in abusing regions. Sure, you get a few rares, but then you (hopefully) get banned! Maybe even perma banned, depending on how serious it is. So really, your going to make 50 people pissed at you just to get your items and levels wiped?

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I had over 10k worth of items cleared out when someone exploited my Dragonguarde plot. I wasn't given a refund. I understand how you feel, but that's how Herocraft is. Use an LWC if you want complete protection.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Keep it clean and on topic or I will be forced to close this/mute you on the forums.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
I understand where you all are coming from. The way I see it is they should just give them a longer ban period, or permanent ban. Rollback shouldn't happen because it is very easy to abuse. Getting rid of all there levels doesn't make much sense, sure they will be level 1 again, but what will stop them from stealing again?

You also say that you shouldn't have to hide your chests because towns are supposed to be safe. Sure they are supposed to be safe but that doesn't mean they will be.. I don't see the big issue of burying them 1 block under the ground.

Like me and plenty other people have said if you want to prevent this stuff from happening and ruining your day, USE LWC'S. You don't have to have LWC's on everything just on the chests you have valuable stuff in.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Like me and plenty other people have said if you want to prevent this stuff from happening and ruining your day, USE LWC'S. You don't have to have LWC's on everything just on the chests you have valuable stuff in.
The only problem with that, is what if a new player can't afford an LWC? Someone in Oblivion had gold to sell to me, but couldn't afford an LWC. So, naturally, they put dirt over it, signaling to not enter it. But when someone abused the regions, they lost it all.

I think that once a player specs crafter, they should get a free LWC.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
To all the people above, we KNOW how to prevent region abuse. Telling us to ''go get LWCs'' won't stop it happening, however. This is a thread to suggest better punishments to those who DO get caught abusing regions. This isn't a thread for people to go and say ''Go get LWCs, it happens, get over it''.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
To all the people above, we KNOW how to prevent region abuse. Telling us to ''go get LWCs'' won't stop it happening, however. This is a thread to suggest better punishments to those who DO get caught abusing regions. This isn't a thread for people to go and say ''Go get LWCs, it happens, get over it''.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
We know that, as I said in the first paragraph of my post "The way I see it give them a longer ban period, or a permanent ban." What I was mostly focusing on is how to prevent that from happening so we wouldn't need to discuss punishments. Last thing i'm going to say though, if you have stuff worth something, you can get a LWC.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Or permanently banned so people don't get the incentive to do it at all? I don't even understand why most crimes aren't permanent bans. It makes no sense.
This coming from the three idiot walruses, but no, back on Sanctum it was that way and when we slowly switched to the way we are now, too many people got used to it. Look at Kain's Cleaning house idea, many people got pissed off about it, when in reality all he was doing was going back to the old ways.

I don't fully know where I stand with this, I live in a town that I have been with for 3 maps so far and I myself would never commit the crime. However, I think that severity should be determined by size of act, ranging from Slap-on-the-wrist to Perma ban.

This coming from the three idiot walruses, but no, back on Sanctum it was that way and when we slowly switched to the way we are now, too many people got used to it. Look at Kain's Cleaning house idea, many people got pissed off about it, when in reality all he was doing was going back to the old ways.

I don't fully know where I stand with this, I live in a town that I have been with for 3 maps so far and I myself would never commit the crime. However, I think that severity should be determined by size of act, ranging from Slap-on-the-wrist to Perma ban.
The first part was COMPLETELY unnecessary, but I understand your point with the punishment determined by the severity of the crime.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
During my ban a player named Egozz went inside of my old town Iridium, he was a old towny, trusted him a lot. He literally COMPLETELY wiped everything from every chest, and what did he do? Threw it all in a fire. So then when I get back, im shit out of luck with no items or money. It happens.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
During my ban a player named Egozz went inside of my old town Iridium, he was a old towny, trusted him a lot. He literally COMPLETELY wiped everything from every chest, and what did he do? Threw it all in a fire. So then when I get back, im shit out of luck with no items or money. It happens.

It happens, yes, but that doesn't make it RIGHT.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
It has happened to every fucking one, we're not fucking crying about it. We want it to happen to fucking no one. Fucking fuck, why is everyone so dumb that they keep stating the same thing over and over again without realising what the thread is about. :mad:

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
It has happened to every fucking one, we're not fucking crying about it. We want it to happen to fucking no one. Fucking fuck, why is everyone so dumb that they keep stating the same thing over and over again without realising what the thread is about. :mad:
Lol, I was trying to prove a point that it happens, stop whining then you took my point and used it against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.