• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General]Region Abuse Consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
First of all there is no reason to remove the LWCs until the second you buy capital, that money isn't going anywhere.
Secondly, no town is safe. Hide your chests.
If you have something worth hiding, you can afford an LWC.
As Diffuse said you had multiple town members online during the raid.
Lastly, loot can't be returned considering it was all burned.

I would also like to add that I broke no rules, I found my own way into the town and looted every open chest I found.
"Looted every open chest you found" Are you fucking kidding me? You had diffuse open it all for you and let you in to the town, houses, and chests. You deserved to be punished. This is pathetic ansl you KNEW what you were doing.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Ulduar isn't my alt. I'll be getting him to talk to the admins tomorrow hopefully, assuming he doesn't have some party to go to.
2. Only 1 or 2 houses on the lower floor were stolen from because I made Ulduar log off because my parents were pissed that we were still awake at 2 am.
3. You had 3 members (bingy, mrawesome and some noob), 1 manager (Jonsoon) and 2 friends (Ghettovan and some wizard) of the town online at the time.

Towns are meant to be safe, but not 100% safe. There is a reason why kainzo says "dirt on chests does not mean ultimate protection, BUY LWCS". Personal regions are costly but efficient and if you are really concerned you should look to buy one. Giving mayors extra/cheaper LWCs is just something that should happen again imo.
Ghettovan is townless nub

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I have seen oblivion it is practically impossible to get into without a person hacking/glitching through so
@PernixPike I doubt you found "your own way in"

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey, hey Diffuse and Pernix, your bull may be enough to sate staff, but it won't sate me.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Someone said in TS the day of the incident that in real life, the person that opens the bank doesn't get in trouble, but the robbers do. Should apply to HC, as well. Thoughts?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I agree 100% with MrAwesome's first post. A level and coin wipe is a good punishment. Bans should be monthly-perma, although consideration on how severe the ''abuse'' was should be done by admins to lengthen/shorten the ban.

Region abuse shouldn't never be justified, so I see your arguements @Diffuse as very stupid. It's basically like saying, ''I broke into your house, stole your TV, but you were not there so you should have hid it. It, thus, isn't my fault''. Also, as Neotetro already said, if it really WAS your friend who did it, then why did you let them? You know it's against the rules, you should have stopped them, alongside all the other people that joined in.

On that note, should it be considered to punish other raiders (not with alts, but who join in), on the grounds that they don't STOP region abuse when they know it'll happen? Maybe not a ban, but perhaps a coin/level reduction? Not all the way down to zero, but definitely something.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
-snip-
and with the regions plugin, they thought their items were pretty much safe with locking those they didn't have enough LWCs to with dirt.
-snip-

Kainzo, and all staff, have said many times that regions are NOT for protecting chests, and the only 100% sure way to protect your items are LWCs. You cannot depend on regions for protecting your items.
However, in this case I will agree with some of you who have posted, item reimbursement is something I've wanted for awhile. But, again there are some things that sound good, but in practice aren't. Returning items is a slippery slope, you do it for someone, everyone expects it, and, as Itzmak said, it's easy to exploit. How do you prove they aren't just trying to double their loot?

As for punishments, @Brutalacerate is looking into all that, and I have faith he'll make things better.

Really sucks what happened to you guys, it happened to me 2 times, once in Rangpur and once in XXXmasTown. The towns were wiped clean, no items were returned. It's not easy to move on, but you'll get back to where you were before all this eventually, and if you ever want help collecting resources, give me a shout, I got nothin better to do 8)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In the past, only wizards, dragoons, and exploiters have gotten inside. I wouldn't put it past Diffuse to make secret holes arpund in for you all later.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Lorien as a whole has been cleared out twice this map, each time it happened we didn't have a single piece of cobble after it happened. Everything was opened by town members and left to be raided. It happens Leftovers, you don't see us crying because of it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Lorien as a whole has been cleared out twice this map, each time it happened we didn't have a single piece of cobble after it happened. Everything was opened by town members and left to be raided. It happens Leftovers, you don't see us crying because of it.

Haha I remember those times. Everything went into the lava....

Good thing I had my super secret stash of resources!

c12095

Holy Shit!
Haha I remember those times. Everything went into the lava....

Good thing I had my super secret stash of resources!

Haha good thing you and Krypto got your personal regions up before the second time it happened

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Haha good thing you and Krypto got your personal regions up before the second time it happened

Yep lol. Though our personal regions were stolen from in the beginning as well. Someone exploited into our house and stole a fair amount of items. That individual sold the gold that was stolen so he was able to keep the coin from the exploit ((Unless it was removed after the fact, I am not privy to that information)).

I do agree that any ill gotten gains should be removed, even if they are not given back. As it was back then, you could exploit, obtain a three day ban and come back without issue...all items and coin in tact. A three day ban is not a deterrent in my opinion.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh too far? And you don't think someone abusing their regions to make someone lose 6 months of work is not "too far"? Consider my point of view too.
If they had their levels taken from them it would push them away from HC, who wants to lose all the work they did before. The way you described region abuse makes me think its a very common thing so if all them people left i doubt it would be to good for the server. Also remember the server works on the step system as posted here http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Rules
Enforcement

• Warnings will be given for any infringement as follows.
    • First warning: Player receives a warning.
    • Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
    • Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
    • Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
    • Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.