• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General]Region Abuse Consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, many people have been complaining about the enforcement on region abuse. As stated on the rules, it is said that Region Abuse is definitely illegal and will result in a ban for the player who have done it.

I, along with a few other players, would like to know how extreme this matter really is. Maybe not as serious as hacking or exploiting, but definitely more important than 1x1 pillars. If it's possible, I'd like a clear statement on this.

If this rule is really way up there as people consider it, I believe the enforcement is somewhat...lacking. You see, from what I see, the bans for region abuse are around 1-2 weeks long. Some people may think the ban is worth it if they see they can steal an entire town's valuables and get away with it for a little time off Herocraft.

As is is the suggestion subforum, I'll suggest something for once.

- The player who breaks the rule will have all their money depleted and hero levels reset.

- The player who breaks the rule will be banned for a larger time span. Open for suggestions.

- The player who breaks the rule will have their consequence determined by the amount of abuse within the region. Determined by administrators.

Well that's pretty much all I got. Post away! :p

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
What about if they get an alt to do it? And use a proxy? Also what if the player puts everything they got into a chest so the real player can go there later to get it? I mean there is NO real way to prevent it.

I would suggest rolling back the items, but this could be so easily abused. Need items? Let's get an alt in the town and have them steal and say it was some random. The items would get rolled back and everything that was stolen could be given back by the player who had the alt and bingo, you got twice the items you had before.

So pretty much there is no real way to prevent people from region abusing because most of the times it's just alts of people who play on the server. I do agree with you on the part where you mentioned longer ban lengths though.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Meh, as itzmak said there are no real ways to prevent it. Rollback = Easy to abuse.. Same matter with alt accounts and proxys. I don't think they should lose all of there hero levels, perhaps just there money that would seem fair. But alot of the times people steal because they have no money or items so that wouldn't work out very well.

The way I see it is hide your chests or put LWC's on them. Only add people you utmost trust and you won't have much of a problem now will you? And honestly, if someone is to lose 6 months of work they should at least be able to save up 500c for a LWC :p

@MaskedHollow

I understand you're trying to have ideas on how to prevent it, but the point here is that there will always be flaws, and our only option will be to fix it.

We all know hiding and LWCs are the way to go, but keep on with the topic at hand and think of suggestions for PUNISHMENTS if someone does this.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
I was just stating how instead of making punishments, fix your own flaws so next time you don't have to worry if someone is stealing or raiders are at your door. It's a good idea to suggest punishments but in the end it all comes down to what the staff want to do.

I was just stating how instead of making punishments, fix your own flaws so next time you don't have to worry if someone is stealing or raiders are at your door. It's a good idea to suggest punishments but in the end it all comes down to what the staff want to do.
Of course it does, it's basically their server. Sure, for example, everyone in Obl thought they were safe of course because they LWC'd some of their chests (yet again there is a limit and not all people can donate for an extended limit), and with the regions plugin, they thought their items were pretty much safe with locking those they didn't have enough LWCs to with dirt. Of course, there is a traitor that joins your town to basically break one of Herocraft's regulations and they we're given a pretty weak 3-5 day ban? You can't control other people who came just to fuck you up.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Meh, as itzmak said there are no real ways to prevent it. Rollback = Easy to abuse.. Same matter with alt accounts and proxys. I don't think they should lose all of there hero levels, perhaps just there money that would seem fair. But alot of the times people steal because they have no money or items so that wouldn't work out very well.

The way I see it is hide your chests or put LWC's on them. Only add people you utmost trust and you won't have much of problem now will you? And honestly, if someone is to lose 6 months of work they should at least be able to save up 500c for a LWC
:p

Heh, it's called saving all the money I have for my town.

I'll write a more detailed response when i get to a computer, but i wrote a thread with my ideas 3 ish months ago.

Rollback should always be attempted and there's no reason it shouldn't work if you do it right. Harsher punishment, not any of this "Oh little Johnny cleaned a town by abusing regions and made people want to quit' we'll see him in 3 days'' crap. Items should be returned regardless and there should be punishment for those that get someone else to abuse regions for their own gain. It's sick and wrong, and there should be punishment for that bull.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Heh, it's called saving all the money I have for my town.

I'll write a more detailed response when i get to a computer, but i wrote a thread with my ideas 3 ish months ago.

Rollback should always be attempted and there's no reason it shouldn't work if you do it right. Harsher punishment, not any of this "Oh little Johnny cleaned a town by abusing regions and made people want to quit' we'll see him in 3 days'' crap. Items should be returned regardless and there should be punishment for those that get someone else to abuse regions for their own gain. It's sick and wrong, and there should be punishment for that bull.
I do understand where you are coming from Left but how do we know people won't abuse the rollback? To me there is truly no good punishment. Yeah, you can perma ban the account but what are the chances it's someones actual account and not one they got off of a hacked list?

I say perma ban the account and actually go into an indepth research of the alt account (try to find past logins and such). It's just a such a hard thing to catch the thief if he does do it right and if the items are rolled back it could be easily abused as I said a good 10 times already.

I do understand where you are coming from Left but how do we know people won't abuse the rollback? To me there is truly no good punishment. Yeah, you can perma ban the account but what are the chances it's someones actual account and not one they got off of a hacked list?

I say perma ban the account and actually go into an indepth research of the alt account (try to find past logins and such). It's just a such a hard thing to catch the thief if he does do it right and if the items are rolled back it could be easily abused as I said a good 10 times already.
It was around 6, but you're getting there. We do know this can be abused, but hey, I know the staff are still looking for a good suggestion. And mak, even if it's someone's account or one they got off a hacked list, it's still region abuse...

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
1. Use LWCs
2. Hide chests
3. Use personal regions
4. Don't add people to regions without getting to know them first
5. Be more active or have your active members prevent it (could have easily been done for obl, from what I saw you had like 5 members on or some shit)
6. Have a more diverse group of time zones on your region owners for bigger towns

There are plenty of ways to prevent it.

A 3 day ban is a little short, a permanent ban is too long. Give mayors extra/cheaper LWCs again.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
It was around 6, but you're getting there. We do know this can be abused, but hey, I know the staff are still looking for a good suggestion. And mak, even if it's someone's account or one they got off a hacked list, it's still region abuse...
Yeah, it's still region abuse. Perma ban the account that did it (yes perma) and actually look in depth into the account if its a no name person. Just what I think should be done. Losing all your items you have worked so hard on all map is well worth a perma ban imo

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@Diffuse
Not everyone can use lwcs, in my case I removed a few because I'm saving for capital.
Why hide chests if you're in a suppsedly safe town?
Most people don't have personal regions...
Be more active? You guys did it early morning EST while we were sleeping. some were on but no managers.
We have a generally diverse group, but you did it at a time when no one was on the server idiot.
Perm ban sounds fine to me, especially if alts are used. So you're telling me towns shouldn't recruit newbier players in fear of alts?

What you did is sick, wrong, and inexcusable. @PernixPike @sirdemonic## should be ashamed of themselves, punished, and req'd to return illegally stolen loot.
Also, fuck you, that is all.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
@Diffuse
Not everyone can use lwcs, in my case I removed a few because I'm saving for capital.
Be more active? You guys did it early morning EST while we were sleeping. some were on but no managers.
We have a generally diverse group, but you did it at a time when no one was on the server idiot.
Perm ban sounds fine to me, especially if alts are used. So you're telling me towns shouldn't recruit newbier players in fear of alts?

What you did is sick, wrong, and inexcusable. @PernixPike @sirdemonic## should be ashamed of themselves, punished, and req'd to return illegally stolen loot.
What happened?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Diffuse went on his alt UlduarDriver and opened every non lwc chest and furnace in the city, every single house, and cleaned them all with perbix and sird. Nobody got items back and a bunch of newer players quit.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Region Abuse should be taken more seriously. From what I've seen, people just think like "Oh, I'll just go steal a bunch of stuff from my town, give it to someone and have them hide it, get banned for 3 days/1 week, then come back and get the stuff."

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Diffuse went on his alt UlduarDriver and opened every non lwc chest and furnace in the city, every single house, and cleaned them all with perbix and sird. Nobody got items back and a bunch of newer players quit.
1. Ulduar isn't my alt. I'll be getting him to talk to the admins tomorrow hopefully, assuming he doesn't have some party to go to.
2. Only 1 or 2 houses on the lower floor were stolen from because I made Ulduar log off because my parents were pissed that we were still awake at 2 am.
3. You had 3 members (bingy, mrawesome and some noob), 1 manager (Jonsoon) and 2 friends (Ghettovan and some wizard) of the town online at the time.

Towns are meant to be safe, but not 100% safe. There is a reason why kainzo says "dirt on chests does not mean ultimate protection, BUY LWCS". Personal regions are costly but efficient and if you are really concerned you should look to buy one. Giving mayors extra/cheaper LWCs is just something that should happen again imo.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
@Diffuse

First of all there is no reason to remove the LWCs until the second you buy capital, that money isn't going anywhere.
Secondly, no town is safe. Hide your chests.
If you have something worth hiding, you can afford an LWC.
As Diffuse said you had multiple town members online during the raid.
Lastly, loot can't be returned considering it was all burned.

I would also like to add that I broke no rules, I found my own way into the town and looted every open chest I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.