• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Final Attribute Stats vs Base Attributes

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo Take the 5 points out of charisma and put it into wisdom for disciple. Disciple doesnt need the charisma at all.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo has said that the numbers are not final but I do hope that he changes it to cater to each class' specific needs

xMJay

Portal
as you can see paladin needs everything. the mana pool will gimp paladin. I can imagine other classes will now have more mana problems. cough DK, beguiler, every caster

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo Take the 5 points out of charisma and put it into wisdom for disciple. Disciple doesnt need the charisma at all.
Read the above posts.
Kainzo has said that the numbers are not final but I do hope that he changes it to cater to each class' specific needs
We can change it back to 100 and deal with the whip lash of items being too powerful later (changing the base again) --- we need more play testing on it.

I dont want attributes to be "zero" even if you feel its a worthless stat - for roleplaying and appearances, it needs to be above "0".
We can't stack attributes over 30, that won't make for balanced and fun gameplay if we have a berserker with 50 str while the next highest has 25...

I'm reading the feedback and input - keep it constructive and awesome :D

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Read the above posts.

We can change it back to 100 and deal with the whip lash of items being too powerful later (changing the base again) --- we need more play testing on it.

I dont want attributes to be "zero" even if you feel its a worthless stat - for roleplaying and appearances, it needs to be above "0".
We can't stack attributes over 30, that won't make for balanced and fun gameplay if we have a berserker with 50 str while the next highest has 25...

I'm reading the feedback and input - keep it constructive and awesome :D
Personally I'd rather have higher base attributes and lower bonuses on items because then it will be less reliant on who can spend the most time/money on good gear

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Personally I'd rather have higher base attributes and lower bonuses on items because then it will be less reliant on who can spend the most time/money on good gear
That's a fair assumption and it will take time to make a happy balance. It wont be right on the first go, or even the second, however - this is something we can continually adjust until we feel its in the right spot.

The goal is to have something that matches this criteria:
Skill.
Planning.

Not a heavy hand in time / p2w.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
This^ I think it's much easier to balance with higher base attributes and lower bonus attributes items.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's increasing everything to 100 points.
Updating first post - give me insight before I throw it to Visions.
XefphJA.png

Ultanian

Portal
You wanted a suggestion?
Been discussing this with @malikdanab and @jazza441

So our Goals when working out the best way to approach this.
  • Keep classes balanced - not have one more powerful than other
  • Keep pre-selected attributes - we agree allocation was a bad idea
  • Keep custom weapons as a neat/powerful addition to attributes
  • Have a small/non-existent level severity base it on skill not time/levels
Our Solution -

Set all attribute to 0, and change /stats (hp,magic resist ,mana, mana regen, stamina regan, armor) and skill damage to a realistic value for the maximum attributes of that class. (A standard build as displayed in the inital post) This is the same for the damage on skills and armor weight.

Custom Items will now raise your attributes - and apply the same bonuses they normally would, it's just now they are boosting from 0.

This means that custom items will be the only factor in player/level severity. There will no longer be a growth in attributes as you level up, it's purely on items but not in a way that forces you to rely on them.

Classes are also no longer stunted - there aren't the manna issues that come up from having limited attributes (the preset 80 that currently is on visions).

Realistically this would mean -custom items would only be able to grant 2-5 of a stat (maybe multiple +2's or a rare +10 ect)

For the Base in our suggestion we are looking at the initial post with the non reduced attribute builds.
I like this as leveling a class only grants max HP and MP increases, and new skills. Would definitely help with the large gap between lower levels and maxes.

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
For beguiler can we lower the cha by 8 and raise Int by 6 and Wis by 2 they have Splendor so don't need that high Cha.

For zerker can they lose 6-8 agi and put it into Con?

For druid can they lose 4 Int and put that into wisdom?

Also why do all the casters/healers have high end (apart from disciple/pyro) - stamina regen doesn't mean anything for them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
For beguiler can we lower the cha by 8 and raise Int by 6 and Wis by 2 they have Splendor so don't need that high Cha.

For zerker can they lose 6-8 agi and put it into Con?

For druid can they lose 4 Int and put that into wisdom?

Also why do all the casters/healers have high end (apart from disciple/pyro) - stamina regen doesn't mean anything for them.
Ill work at putting the end more into the casting parts. It was a residual effect of the previous builds having to wear armor.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I suggest that a set amount is given to each stat (5?). This could be the base stats as a "human." From there, only put points where they matter.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Here's increasing everything to 100 points.
Updating first post - give me insight before I throw it to Visions.
XefphJA.png
For Disciple: Bring wisdom down to 20. And invest the points into strength (20 wisdom is all people go up to because thats when you get 1 chakra debuff)

For Ninja: Reverse the agility and endurance (agility is core on Ninja). So the endurance will be 20 and agility 24.

Overall having the stats total 100 looks a lot better in my eyes. At 80: crucial points were put into a class' useless stats but with 100 you put the points into the right areas (and still have a few points in everything)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
not sure how everyone else likes playing bard, but personally would move a few points out of str to get up to 30 cha