• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion EXP Wipe upon Ban

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
As it currently stands, most bans, if I am correct, that have anything to do with exploiting leveling do include levels being wiped.

I can understand maybe levels being wiped if it is exploitation for the purpose of killing someone in pvp, or to mine more gold, but I think that minor charges that stack up should not include exp wipes, as these charges are generally laid on people who are not inherently bad, or may not even know exactly what they have done wrong.

Its all situational really.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
As it currently stands, most bans, if I am correct, that have anything to do with exploiting leveling do include levels being wiped.

I can understand maybe levels being wiped if it is exploitation for the purpose of killing someone in pvp, or to mine more gold, but I think that minor charges that stack up should not include exp wipes, as these charges are generally laid on people who are not inherently bad, or may not even know exactly what they have done wrong.

Its all situational really.

By the time you have been banned enough to stack up the exp wipes, you should know better. It doesnt start till your 3rd ban.

JacobBurkey

Portal
instead of levels lets base it on exp ammounts
ex. 20,000 exp loss instead of 10 levels (so its the same for all players)
This wouldn't really help, because people that are already masters(some even gain exp up until the full limit if you know what i'm talking about) already have a ton of exp. So, they wouldn't actually be losing that many levels. On the other hand, if you're a lower level, 20,000 exp could be a LOT of levels.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Rule breakers should not be allowed to log in (extent of ban is based on the offense).

If they can login, the people who will break MORE rules are the ones who will not care about in-game punishments, while the people who will care about in-game punishments are the ones who are not going to exploit again. I am not sure how to be any clearer.

This wouldn't really help, because people that are already masters(some even gain exp up until the full limit if you know what i'm talking about) already have a ton of exp. So, they wouldn't actually be losing that many levels. On the other hand, if you're a lower level, 20,000 exp could be a LOT of levels.
example
level 10 losing 10 levels due to serious offence = no biggy 5 min of farming
level 65 losing 10 levels due to serious offence = 1-2weeks work loss :(
my method
level 10 losing 20,000 exp due to serious offence = level 65 losing 20,000 exp due to serious offence
same amount of farming time is lost from exp reduction...

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
example
level 10 losing 10 levels due to serious offence = no biggy 5 min of farming
level 65 losing 10 levels due to serious offence = 1-2weeks work loss :(
my method
level 10 losing 20,000 exp due to serious offence = level 65 losing 20,000 exp due to serious offence
same amount of farming time is lost from exp reduction...

I'ts meant to be that way Mons. The higher your level = The more time you spent on Herocraft = The better you, more then likely, know the rules.

It's meant for the repeat offenders that spend their time on Herocraft a lot, the "Veterans." Like Myself, Dielan9999, xexorian, EzMac2099, and so one and so forth.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Rule breakers should not be allowed to log in (extent of ban is based on the offense).

If they can login, the people who will break MORE rules are the ones who will not care about in-game punishments, while the people who will care about in-game punishments are the ones who are not going to exploit again. I am not sure how to be any clearer.

Dude, that's EXACTLY one of the reasons we wrote it up the way we did. The people who keep breaking "MORE" of the rules will get a PERMANENT, INFINITE ban. Where as the people who care about the server will no longer break rules.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Dude, that's EXACTLY one of the reasons we wrote it up the way we did. The people who keep breaking "MORE" of the rules will get a PERMANENT, INFINITE ban. Where as the people who care about the server will no longer break rules.

Calm down little xexo. No need to start a fight now :)

JacobBurkey

Portal
I'm pretty sure it says in one of there options to take away their levels that they take levels away from ALL of their classes.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
In all honesty all that is needed changed is for staff to start issuing perma-bans for major offense ( huge glitch abuse, mass greifing , utter staff disrespect) and for after a 2nd ban for same rule since if you don't learn the first time you apparently don't care about the rules.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
In all honesty all that is needed changed is for staff to start issuing perma-bans for major offense ( huge glitch abuse, mass greifing , utter staff disrespect) and for after a 2nd ban for same rule since if you don't learn the first time you apparently don't care about the rules.

I am all for stricter punishments, you just need Kainzo on board with it. ^^