• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

EXP Sheet (WIP)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
There's exp loss in PVP?

Yes, when you die you lose 5% of your current exp. I usually lose around 100 exp for dieing and gain like 30 per kill. It really should be tiered to level, so that you get more exp for pvp as you go to counter act the extreme loss of exp when you lose.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes, when you die you lose 5% of your current exp. I usually lose around 100 exp for dieing and gain like 30 per kill. It really should be tiered to level, so that you get more exp for pvp as you go to counter act the extreme loss of exp when you lose.
We'll look into finding a method for less exp loss on death from PVP, I can't say for certain its possible - but by design it wasnt intended for exp loss to occur.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Rather than less can the amount you get depending on level and class simply be changed around? Because the exp rate you get from pvp should be different for different classes eventually like between mages and warriors. A warrior can go slaughter 10 people at the same time with some iron armor but if a mage manages that some ungodly way they should get more exp for it.

Also exp loss from pvp is good because it gives yet another reason to not loose the fight. To plan, to think, to gather allies, and to practice.

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
If its possible it should be able to be set up so that the XP is based on your enemies level. Thus people are more likely to hunt down people of equal strength rather then weaklings.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
exp loss on PvP deaths - minimal or none I say.
My reasoning:
Some a-holes will try to use it as a form of griefing - i.e. camping and repeatedly killing the same player just so they lose all their exp.
Also: big potential loss of exp discourages people from entering into PvP battles at all.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
exp loss on PvP deaths - minimal or none I say.
My reasoning:
Some a-holes will try to use it as a form of griefing - i.e. camping and repeatedly killing the same player just so they lose all their exp.
Also: big potential loss of exp discourages people from entering into PvP battles at all.
You can't lose levels through dying, so there's not much grief potential there.

stickm8

Coal
Just a sugestion, but once crafters reach level 50 they should be able to keep the tree chopping xp, i can just see futher along the track that the world will be stripped of its materials underground, making leveling almost impossible.
Thanks

lucentbeam

Dirt
So I'm not sure if this is still an open thread, but I figured I'd offer some data on the low level timing of things.

Just started on the server the other day, and last night was my first chance to really mess around. I'd guess I was on for 4-5 hours... My playstyle was mostly mining, out about a 3 minute walk from Zeal, a little building, occasional monster hunting, and a few trips back to Zeal to make some purchases. I ended the night at level 13 from pretty casual work - I did not (and don't really intend to) try exp farming via replacing and re-mining blocks like iron or mossy cobblestone. But I did certainly appreciate the little boosts when I found them. Also, I liked that coal was higher than iron, as it kept it interesting. Normally when I play Minecraft, once I accumulate enough coal I stop caring about it; last night I found that was not the case :)

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
mining:
lapis_ore: 11 - Should be at least 20, as they are found in lesser quantities and can not be replaced​
obsidian: 15 - Needs to be more, 30-40 per block. You can only mine 240 of these per hour if you are mining them constantly with a diamond pick. That's about 3.6k of XP an hour currently, but you are also not getting gold and instead sacrificing diamonds, plus no one mines obsidian constantly, so you get a bit less than that.​
redstone_ore: 11 - Same as lapis, except these are found in larger quantities so I'd say 15-17 since they do require an iron pic.​
sand: 1 - Because sand is better power mined with torches, I think to give incentive to actually mine sand it should be 2 per block.​
sandstone: 5 - Good, but you are also dealing with sand falling around you so a bit more xp would help compensate for the risk and added adversity factors.​

Dang, I forgot about powermining. XD
I'm not sure about your comment about Sandstone... I've never known one to mine sandstone from underneath... Is that common? I've only ever mined it after mining the sand on top...

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Dang, I forgot about powermining. XD
I'm not sure about your comment about Sandstone... I've never known one to mine sandstone from underneath... Is that common? I've only ever mined it after mining the sand on top...
Try placing a torch below the sandstone and then mining all the sandstone; you get sandstone + the sand just comes and breaks for you.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
:( I only wanted a few buffs way back when. I mine a lot you know! Redstone and diamonds make me sad now :(. On a better note, he did buff obsidian...lol

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
killing:
chicken: 1
cow: 1
creeper: 23
ghast: 50
pig: 1
pig_zombie: 40