• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

EXP Sheet (WIP)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Code:
killing:
    chicken: 1
    cow: 1
    creeper: 23
    ghast: 50
    pig: 1
    pig_zombie: 40
    sheep: 1
    wolf: 6
    skeleton: 22
    spider: 18
    zombie: 15
    squid: 1
    slime: 15
    giant: 300
    player: 31
mining:
    coal: 5
    cobblestone: 1
    clay: 15
    diamond_ore: 10
    dirt: 1
    glowstone: 5
    gold_ore: 3
    coal_ore: 5
    grass: 1
    gravel: 1
    iron_ore: 3
    lapis_ore: 7
    mossy_cobblestone: 3
    netherrack: 1
    obsidian: 20
    redstone_ore: 5
    glowing_redstone_ore: 5
    sand: 1
    sandstone: 2
    snow_block: 2
    soul_sand: 8
    stone: 1
logging:
    log: 3
crafting:
    Arrow: 1
    Bed: 2
    Boat: 2
    Book: 0
    Bookshelf: 5
    Bow: 3
    Bread: 0
    Brick: 10
    Bucket: 2
    Cake: 15
    Chest: 1
    Clock: 10
    Cobblestone_Stairs: 0
    Compass: 4
    Cookie: 2
    Crafting_Table: 1
    Detector_Rail: 5
    Diamond_Axe: 17
    Diamond_Boots: 15
    Diamond_Chestplate: 20
    Diamond_helmet: 15
    Diamond_Hoe: 8
    Diamond_Leggings: 18
    Diamond_Pickaxe: 12
    Diamond_Spade: 8
    Diamond_Sword: 10
    Dispenser: 3
    Fence: 0
    Fishing_Rod: 6
    Flint_and_steel: 1
    Furnace: 1
    Golden_Apple: 100
    Gold_Axe: 25
    Gold_Boots: 20
    Gold_Helmet: 20
    Gold_Hoe: 20
    Gold_Leggings: 30
    Gold_Pickaxe: 30
    Gold_Chestplate: 40
    Gold_Spade: 10
    Gold_Sword: 20
    Iron_Axe: 6
    Iron_Boots: 8
    Iron_Chestplate: 12
    Iron_Door: 3
    Iron_Helmet: 6
    Iron_Hoe: 4
    Iron_Leggings: 10
    Iron_Pickaxe: 6
    Iron_Spade: 4
    Iron_sword: 5
    Jukebox: 1
    Ladder: 0
    LEATHER_HELMET: 4
    Leather_leggings: 6
    LEATHER_CHESTPLATE: 8
    Leather_Boots: 4
    Lever: 0
    Minecart: 2
    Map: 10
    Note_Block: 1
    Painting: 1
    Paper: 0
    Piston: 3
    Powered_Mincart: 3
    Powered_Rail: 10
    Rail: 1
    Redstone_Repeater: 3
    Redstone_Torch: 0
    Sandstone_Slab: 0
    Sandstone: 0
    Sign: 2
    Stick: 0
    Stone_Button: 0
    Stone_Axe: 2
    Stone_Hoe: 1
    Stone_Pickaxe: 2
    Stone_Pressure_Plate: 0
    Stone_Spade: 1
    Stone_Slab: 0
    Stone_sword: 2
    Storage_Minecart: 3
    Sticky_Piston: 5
    Sugar: 0
    TNT: 5
    Torch: 0
    Trapdoor: 1
    Wood_Axe: 1
    Wood_Door: 2
    Wood_Hoe: 1
    Wood_Pickaxe: 1
    Wood_Planks: 0
    Wood_presssure_plate: 0
    Wood_Spade: 1
    Wood_Stairs: 0
    Wood_sword: 1

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
possible sandstone reduction per discussion. (5-6?) due to easy xp farming.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
The new exp are quite nice, I'm sure people will still have that one thing they don't like, but I do like it better than the previous build. Great work Kainzo! I say you met in between the utter long grind and the short leveling time, making it a great setup. I have no complaints about this build, and I think you appealed to the people. Again, great work :)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Ah, the always-wondered hell incentive. Hopefully I can get to the portal in one try this time and not lose all my tools in the process :D

Edit:
Ghasts are suuuppppeer tempting. Hopefully we'll be able to bash fireballs back at them without too much lag problems. BATTER UP!

Also, Giant? DO those exist?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The new exp are quite nice, I'm sure people will still have that one thing they don't like, but I do like it better than the previous build. Great work Kainzo! I say you met in between the utter long grind and the short leveling time, making it a great setup. I have no complaints about this build, and I think you appealed to the people. Again, great work :)
I don't want this to be a chore or a job - but it will take a bit to get to where you need to be.
This is a WORK IN PROGRESS - I need YOUR feedback - if I dont take your feedback - don't take it personal.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
It's looking good! There's a good spread on XP and it's making sense.

My feedback:
Gold should be worth a bit more as it's almost as rare as diamond. I still shouldn't be worth as much as diamond though (we already get enough reward mining gold as it is, it's gold!).
Maybe 30-35xp.

Lapis was worth a lot at first like 45, then 25, now 11. This is too low IMO. Lapis is really rare, but not worth as much as diamond or gold.
20xp sounds about right to me.

MossyCobble is another one of those like Lapis. Was worth a lot of XP, but not worth too much as a resource and is fairly rare.
20xp seems good for this too.

Redstone 13XP
Obsidian 17XP

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
^^ Gold is low because people can farm it. The block is re placeable, while diamond is not because you don't get an ore block from it. That's also why coal is more than iron despite coal being more common.

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
It would be cool if PVP was worth more if the person you killed was a higher level. By level 10 atm you lose more in death then when you kill another player. By level 50 I imagine this disparity is worse.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
When hell is out - it will be considered higher / bonus exp on most blocks and mobs - you can go to hell to level :)

I approve of this idea! I was about to suggest you swap the exp values of Pig Zombies and Players because 30 is much better but I like 40, because of how stressful and difficult PVP can be, 40 is pretty rewarding, whereas Pig Zombies are pushovers :p

SM4SHBOX

Legacy Supporter 6
The reason gold and lapis cannot be very high is due to people being able to farm it. They would just gather a bunch of gold and lapis, re-plant it, wait 5 minutes, and then dig it all up again. If you do it with a good amount of gold/lapis (around a hundred blocks) cheating MASSIVE amounts of experience.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
The reason gold and lapis cannot be very high is due to people being able to farm it. They would just gather a bunch of gold and lapis, re-plant it, wait 5 minutes, and then dig it all up again. If you do it with a good amount of gold/lapis (around a hundred blocks) cheating MASSIVE amounts of experience.
Lapis doesn't drop a block when mined.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
I think Redstone could use a little bit of a bump up in xp, mainly considering the fairly extreme time it takes to break and the requirement of using an iron pick (which is a commodity in much greater demand right now for town formation).

Before anyone mentions it, obsidian doesn't qualify for the above rules since you can actually generate and farm it.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Slight alterations for destructable ores- lapis seems to be the rarest of those, putting aside diamond's traditional value, so I'd suggest raising that a bit more, say to 20-25, maybe even up to 30, and also increasing coal to 12 or 13. Nothing major, but enough to differentiate it from iron, which currently sits at 10. Redstone needs to be more than 11 as well, I think. 18-23 range?

You know, I detect the possibility of having rooms set aside for periodic experience boosts. Fill them with something and demolish it over and over every day (or however long it takes to reset). I like that idea, seems like it could become a good town facility. It's gonna be hard collecting that much rare stuff though (which makes it even better). How much are pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns?

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
^^ Gold is low because people can farm it. The block is re placeable, while diamond is not because you don't get an ore block from it. That's also why coal is more than iron despite coal being more common.
Very good point, I never even considered farming! Totally agree.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
It would be cool if PVP was worth more if the person you killed was a higher level. By level 10 atm you lose more in death then when you kill another player. By level 50 I imagine this disparity is worse.

I agree, I think the PVP orientated classes (i.e. Not Crafters) should get a lot more XP from killing other players, to offset the loss they get through death in PVPing.