• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Jump = Useless

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
The other day I went to a town of about 5 or 6 unspeced players and I ROFL stomped them as a dragoon. All they told me was that I was OP and a noob. But once their lvl 20 thief logged on I died instantly just 1v1'ing him (Im a lvl 30 dragoon). That was even before our nerf. Now with the jump talking hunger I have to constantly eat food so that I can regan health in battle I think that if I have to eat every 5 seconds that I will be rendered usless when a big fight breaks out.

also the counter to the old dragoon was anyone with a root. If a dragoon gets rooted hes dead.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I love it how people who have never played as a class think they can come in to any thread like this and say:

"I know everything there is to know about this class. It is OP as is, even with a nerf, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean the class is ruined!"

Fuck you!

And I also think its funny that people can say:

"Oh, you lost the ability that is what your class is built around, stop bitching!"

Fuck you too!

If you don't play as the class shut your damn mouth. Then think if your class had the same skill. Something used often (150+ times an hour)to give you an edge in combat because you lacked the ability to take large amounts of damage or deal it. Now imagine having to stop and eat after every two or three uses. You'd flip a table (and a few tits) too. So think before you type

Light is faster than sound, thats why some people look smart until they open their mouth

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I support what Kainzo has done because it will make sure Dragoons can't use jump over and over again within a small period of time. Bryn, you're not the only one feeling the pain. As a ranger, it's super annoying to grind with less than a stack of arrows as I have to use them super wisely and mostly only on creepers.
You have summon arrow at like level 25? and you can get infinity arrows with the enchantments.

In regards to jump:

More tweaking will occur.

malmenca

Diamond
I also honestly think the nerf to the armor was a bit out of place. A bard and a sammy still did .5 to 1 hearts per hit on me when I was in full armor. Dragoons were fine as it was.

The reason for the large amounts of dragoons, was the fact that jump was so fun.

Armor is OP as fuck and broken as hell. takes 3 to 4 unspecced rogues with ironswords beating on a dragoon who can end up jumping away regardless of the damage they take. Jump should be restored to its former awesomeness with maybe same mana + half a food bar thing? I would still be satisfied with it remaining the same as it previously was.

Edit: Dragoons are annoying to fight but seeing as they have like 2 or 3 skills (of which when I played dragoon I only used jump) they should have jump as a regularly used skill. (It still is overspammed tho.)

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
I think that the only problem with dragoons was the armor they could wear. Jump was fine how it was now I think that its broken as hell.

The dragoon armor should be full iron
or chainmall helemt and boots iron chestplate and diamond pants.

please put jump back to no food and 15 mana.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think that the only problem with dragoons was the armor they could wear. Jump was fine how it was now I think that its broken as hell.

The dragoon armor should be full iron
or chainmall helemt and boots iron chestplate and diamond pants.

please put jump back to no food and 15 mana.
Use /hero armor - the armor is diamond pants / iron chest and chain helm/boots.

Issue right now is crazy overpowered and strong - we're working on alternative methods.

Like or not - Jump isnt the only skill for a dragoon - if you're complaining about being brutally underpowered by the changes, its because you aren't using the skills effectively or they aren't balanced properly.

A plethora of skills define a class - not a single skill. As I said - we will be tweaking these changes, along with the caster warmups :) Nothing is set in stone.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7

Issue right now is crazy overpowered and strong - we're working on alternative methods.

Like or not - Jump isnt the only skill for a dragoon - if you're complaining about being brutally underpowered by the changes, its because you aren't using the skills effectively or they aren't balanced properly.

A plethora of skills define a class - not a single skill. As I said - we will be tweaking these changes, along with the caster warmups :) Nothing is set in stone.

Im hoping that the changes will be good for everyone in the long run. :rolleyes:

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2

Was there a reason that charge and disarm were removed from dragoons?

Edit: Last map at the begining, jump took 33% mana and had a 6 second cool down. This made you think about how to use it, but a bit too much. Then it got put down to the 20% mana and 4 second cool down. I thought that was perfectly balanced. But this map, I was surprised to see it go down even farther to 15%. Don't get me wrong, but it made it a bit too spam able. You could use it 6 times. and by then have restored enough mana to use it 3 more times, and by then, restored enough mana to use it again.

If this is a problem of spamming, then maybe put the mana usage back up to 20, or even 25.

Also, why was this moved to the bug report thread? @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Was there a reason that charge and disarm were removed from dragoons?

Edit: Last map at the begining, jump took 33% mana and had a 6 second cool down. This made you think about how to use it, but a bit too much. Then it got put down to the 20% mana and 4 second cool down. I thought that was perfectly balanced. But this map, I was surprised to see it go down even farther to 15%. Don't get me wrong, but it made it a bit too spam able. You could use it 6 times. and by then have restored enough mana to use it 3 more times, and by then, restored enough mana to use it again.

If this is a problem of spamming, then maybe put the mana usage back up to 20, or even 25.

Also, why was this moved to the bug report thread? @Kainzo
Disarm is shouldnt have been removed - checking into that
Edit: Disarm wasnt removed- try using /skills
Disarm:
level: 1
mana: 15
cooldown: 15000

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Doesn't show up in /skills, or /skills 2

/skill disarm does not work either.
I'm level 24
I'm reading directly from the Dragoon class - it has disarm at level 1 - I'll check into this later today.

I also agree that the mana at the moment for Jump and the cd is probably too low - we may need to set it back to 6 seconds and 25% mana (remove the stam cost) and then every level you gain - you get a bit faster and can use it more often with less mana.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm reading directly from the Dragoon class - it has disarm at level 1 - I'll check into this later today.

I also agree that the mana at the moment for Jump and the cd is probably too low - we may need to set it back to 6 seconds and 25% mana (remove the stam cost) and then every level you gain - you get a bit faster and can use it more often with less mana.

I very much like that idea

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2

This idea is muy bueno.

What would it be at level 55? like 18% mana and 4 second cool down?