• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Jump = Useless

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
With the new changes to warrior class's using stamina instead of mana, Dragoon jump has been made, in my opinion useless.

I have been a dragoon since the beginning of zeal. I love it and have always loved it. On average, I use jump about 200-250 times an hour if not more. Not just for combat, but for travel and for fun. I can't even count the countless hours I have spent just trying to get to the top of towers in zeal, or on top of the chains on Dragongarde. Its fun. I've chased people down, and I used it to keep my killstreak alive, getting it all the way to 100. Jump is Undoubtedly the signature Dragoon skill. It has so many applications, and is so versatile. Some classes have ten skills to do ten things. Dragoons have 1 skill for 10 things.

I understand the role playing aspect of Jump using food, and I respect that, but I am not willing to use 200-250 melons an hour, Just to play my favorite class. Even if I was, the whole aspect of mobility is ruined when you have to stop to eat every jump or two. Not having the regen from full health during a fight also puts you at a huge disadvantage. We have 3 other skills. One works with jump (Superjump) one is a slow, but who cares if you don't have jump to catch up, and Quake which Works off fall damage. Everything is based around Jump.

All I'm asking is for jump to be put back to its old Mana usage. otherwise I will probably respec. I don't want to but I will be forced too.

Don't even get me started on how now we are the second lowest warrior damage dealer, and the least tankiest warrior. (Sammys have Bladegrasp.)

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
they are currently working on implementing a system where main skills will cost less, have lower CDs, and do more dmg as you lvl up(jump is one of them). so if you really want all that so badly, get to lvl 55 asap.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I thought I was gonna be a dragoon... Well, dreadknight or pally until it's fixed...

Edit: I honestly don't want to play dragoon, or any warrior if it's going to run off of the food bar... Especially dragoon. Since dragoon got nerfed, I thought about not playing them, but then I decided why not, use skill to beat other more powerful classes. Then I read the hunger bar thing, which I hope isn't true.

I suggest changing the mana/stamina thing to a separate thing.
Say a level 55 caster has 550 mana, 10 mana per level. This would make a level 1 Wizard per say weaker, but at level 10 you have 155 mana, continually rising for the higher mana costing, more powerful skills.

For warriors and rogues however, it should just a base 100 Energy/Stamina. It should have a slightly higher regeneration than mana, something like a 0.5-1.0 per second difference, but allowing a different system for warriors and rogues. Maybe start with the same regen rate as casters at level 1, but increasing as you go. Maybe up to a maximum of 1 more per second, seeing that they have a lower amount of resources to spend.

This would make them more diverse, but keeping it similar, and there will be less complaining.

Cracksz

Stone
and I used it to keep my killstreak alive, getting it all the way to 100

Warrior classes shouldn't be able to kill so easily they're tanks to soak damage while healers keep them topped up so rogues and casters can dps about the place. With the MASSIVE buff to armour its only logical that jump is toned down and warrior classes all slightly tweaked.

Just 'cause your mana bar is now stamina it doesnt mean your class is dead. If you love dragoon so much don't ragequit from it. If you want something new swap its up to you.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly I think that if this Nerf is to stay dragoons will be the worst class out of any of the warriors.
Please set jump back to 15 mana and no food. Its the skill that makes the dragoon a dragoon. Now every 4 jumps I have to eat a steak. I have already gone through a whole stack of them :(

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Warrior classes shouldn't be able to kill so easily they're tanks to soak damage while healers keep them topped up so rogues and casters can dps about the place. With the MASSIVE buff to armour its only logical that jump is toned down and warrior classes all slightly tweaked.

Just 'cause your mana bar is now stamina it doesnt mean your class is dead. If you love dragoon so much don't ragequit from it. If you want something new swap its up to you.

I got my 100 kill streak I will admit with about 70 kills on non speced players. The other 30 were on raids and such where it was not a 1v1 environment. The point I was trying to make is that jump is a useful escape skill.

i love it when classes get nerfed and someone replies to threads like that:
If your going to come in here and bad mouth my freinds, I will ask you to leave.

You also obviously have no experience playing this class.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I also honestly think the nerf to the armor was a bit out of place. A bard and a sammy still did .5 to 1 hearts per hit on me when I was in full armor. Dragoons were fine as it was. They were a utility class for countering ranged characters, as well as being fairly decent at melee range fighting. There was no need for a nerf, when a 1v1 when any other speced class was completely fair.

The reason for the large amounts of dragoons, was the fact that jump was so fun.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
With the MASSIVE buff to armour its only logical that jump is toned down and warrior classes all slightly tweaked.

This nerf to jump doesn't really matter a huge amount as far as balance goes. To me it seems more like a quality of life decrease for dragoons. If you want to hit something with a nerf bat due to armor buffs look to impale or our health, not our basic ability that is used mostly for funsies.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
This nerf to jump doesn't really matter a huge amount as far as balance goes. To me it seems more like a quality of life decrease for dragoons. If you want to hit something with a nerf bat due to armor buffs look to impale or our health, not our basic ability that is used mostly for funsies.
Exactly, It isn't stopping us from doing our jobs, Just making it no fun. It's basically like giving someone a 15 year old computer and telling them to use it. They can, but its clunky and difficult.

@Kainzo What do you think.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Dragoons are supposed to jump, and clean up the dregs of the other classes. Not kill jump kill some more, kill jump kill kill. They are supposed to jump kill. STOP. jump kill STOP. You don't do all the damage, you clean up what the other classes can't chase down.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Dragoons can't do that as it is. People are getting all the wrong messages because a few dragoons have gone out and destroyed groups of unspeced people. Once the majority of people get speced, it will show how underpowered this patch has made Dragoons.

Anyways, how do I chase down people when I have to eat food every 10 seconds.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
You're still going on the concept of constant action. You wait, eat up, jump kill ONCE. Wait. Eat up. Jump once or twice. Kill ONCE. Repeat. Eat up. You don't go jump jump jump jump. You jump in, you kill, you jump out. Eat up, jump in, jump out.

GraRona

Portal
I support what Kainzo has done because it will make sure Dragoons can't use jump over and over again within a small period of time. Bryn, you're not the only one feeling the pain. As a ranger, it's super annoying to grind with less than a stack of arrows as I have to use them super wisely and mostly only on creepers.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
There is already a 4 second cooldown, and this isn't about spaming jump. I don't spam jump in a fight, I do exactly that, jumping into strategic positions, and from target to target. If eating food was instant it wouldn't bother me as much, but that it slows you down to a crawl is too much.

Also I don't have the resources to eat that much food. I play for 4-5 hours an average day. That's a good 800 melons a day. I use jump for everything, even just to mess around.

I can't expect you to understand.