• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon Buff

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
As we've been told by kainzo himself, superjump is NEVER coming back.

So from what i've seen from playing dragoon on test, using it on live till lvl 40ish, and fighting dragoons. I think this would be a good idea:

Lower stamina cost on some skills.

Remove dragondash and add a skill that gives you a x amount of speed boost for x amount of time. (My idea is like the skill "One" Ninja used to have, if im right)

Lower starting endurance maybe? so its not tanky with close to great mobility?

If this happened, you could use (lets call it "One" for now) and jump right into the fight, and easily get their caster/healer low. While always having the opportunity to jump out. you could also stay back with your group, and chase down low players.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Decreased stamina costs would help much more overall than increased HP.
Not increased HP. I am not talking about increasing base Con costs, I am talking about increasing Base Magic Resist levels.

The new Dragoon is meant to retain its mobility, but needs to be built more tanky (read: more endurance) than old dragoon. I will go dragoon on test and make an efficient build, and ask you guys what you think.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8

Remove dragondash and add a skill that gives you a x amount of speed boost for x amount of time. (My idea is like the skill "One" Ninja used to have, if im right)

This is sort of the opposite direction that the class's role went last Patch. It would strongly conflict roles with the next planned class, Samurai. I would need to see Kainzo say "Yeah more mobile damage and less tanky" before I felt optimistic about these changes.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
As we've been told by kainzo himself, superjump is NEVER coming back.

So from what i've seen from playing dragoon on test, using it on live till lvl 40ish, and fighting dragoons. I think this would be a good idea:

If this happened, you could use (lets call it "One" for now) and jump right into the fight, and easily get their caster/healer low. While always having the opportunity to jump out. you could also stay back with your group, and chase down low players.
I think it was runeblade.... well it was lastmap

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
This is sort of the opposite direction that the class's role went last Patch. It would strongly conflict roles with the next planned class, Samurai. I would need to see Kainzo say "Yeah more mobile damage and less tanky" before I felt optimistic about these changes.
I didn't know sammy was coming back, if so this would definitely be a bad idea xD

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
I would love to see dragoon get a new skill... right now i think it is the weakest warrior class, and even one of the worst classes in the game. I am ok with having superjump taken out but dragondash was not enough to make dragoon a viable class IMO.

My suggestion would be to add a skill similar to lunarlances damage and range. However Instead of draining mana I would love to see a skill that would steal stamina. This is due to how extremely stamina hungry dragoon can be.

Dragoon > Ninja
Just saying...

Could give goon a skill like Energize.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Could give goon a skill like Energize.
If an existing skill was to grant Stamina upon successful use of said skill, which skill would be fair to grant that to? Spear?
It needs to be something that can fail, and requires Skill in order to land it and gain the Stamina. Otherwise we are talking about an entirely new skill and thats unlikely since Goon just got DD.

@xMJay
@Halizu
@Texteo
@Templar_James
@FrankyDemon1996
@Da_Burg
@Dragoons

Last edited:

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
If an existing skill was to grant Stamina upon successful use of said skill, which skill would be fair to grant that to? Spear?
It needs to be something that can fail, and requires Skill in order to land it and gain the Stamina. Otherwise we are talking about an entirely new skill and thats unlikely since Goon just got DD.

Probably DD as it doesn't do a lot else.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
If we are to go the "skill grants stamina" route I agree with Halizu that dragon dash should receive the buff. It could set the roll of the skill as the-skill-we-use-to-give-stamina and also be pretty thematic (dragoon is filled with energy as he stampedes towards his foe)

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
If we are to go the "skill grants stamina" route I agree with Halizu that dragon dash should receive the buff. It could set the roll of the skill as the-skill-we-use-to-give-stamina and also be pretty thematic (dragoon is filled with energy as he stampedes towards his foe)

That's actually exactly what I thought too.

Or perhaps, DragonDash could be changed so that you sort of stick to the target for a couple of seconds, whilst pushing said target back quickly at the same time - so you're face to face.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
That's actually exactly what I thought too.

Or perhaps, DragonDash could be changed so that you sort of stick to the target for a couple of seconds, whilst pushing said target back quickly at the same time - so you're face to face.
If only we could make it Poppy's E. Could apply Nausea if they get carried into a wall (Poppy Stun would be too stronk).