• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon Buff

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
How about a skill "slash" cuts the archilles of your enemy slowing and dealing bleed damage to the target for 4 seconds.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I think that the stamina costs should be slightly lowered, and that DragonDash should be replaced with something useful, perhaps something like Jazza's suggestion.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, it's time to do a post-5.3 dragoon discussion! Yay.

First off, lets start with an evaluation of the newest addition to the Goon Skill Set:

DragonDash: Who has figured out how to use it most effectively? What do you think of the skill? Is the mobility aspect working as intended?
@Dragoon Players

RoflcerOfDaLawl

Glowstone

First off, lets start with an evaluation of the newest addition to the Goon Skill Set:

DragonDash: Who has figured out how to use it most effectively? What do you think of the skill? Is the mobility aspect working as intended?
@Dragoon Players
From my experience, depending on the angle you cast dragon dash, the caster can be propelled further forward than the targeted player. Pretty worthless skill. The only use for it I see is gap closing, but why use this unreliable skill when there's jump?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

@Dragoon Players
When I played goon on test it was working really good and I loved it but then a few times it just fucked up and I was chasing squi I think but then it shot me instead of forward to the left all the way off a cliff and I died

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
@Delfofthebla since you are the one who coded Flyingkick if it would be possible to use the same mechanic for Dragondash, but add a knockback.
Kainzo asked me to look at it, and I was coding it exactly as you described, but it looked like a huge pain in the ass to test, and I was too lazy to actually put it on the server for testing, so I just kinda stopped coding it. >.>

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
From my experience, depending on the angle you cast dragon dash, the caster can be propelled further forward than the targeted player. Pretty worthless skill. The only use for it I see is gap closing, but why use this unreliable skill when there's jump?
Thanks Roflcer, I have heard this complaint from others, and I understand that this is not what you intuitively expect the skill to do after reading the tooltip, you expect the dash to end AT the target not PAST it. Despite that:

• What about using the current implementation to juke past someone who is about to catch up to you? What about using the skill in combination with Spear or Tremor to gain superior positioning or to get out of a group of enemies after you steal some of the Cleric's mana using LunarLance?

Is DragonDash's current implementation useful? To answer this you may have to change your playstyle and experiment!
Once we determine that, we can start talking about the current implementation of the Dragoon class as a whole.

I would like to see Dragoon get better Magic Resist Base levels to help develop their role of "Jumping on Magic Users in a Group Fight with enough Tanky stats and DPS to Bother/Kill the Caster then Disengage from the group of enemies before dying themselves".
This is because endurance is emphasized with the new Dragoon Stamina Costs. This, along with LunarLance and the gap closers the skill set has (and some lore) says to me "Mobile Caster Killer".
Thoughts on increasing defensive base stats of dragoons and NOT changing the 5.3 Left click damage/Stamina cost Nerfs?

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I would like to see Dragoon get better Magic Resist Base levels to help develop their role of "Jumping on Magic Users in a Group Fight with enough Tanky stats and DPS to Bother/Kill the Caster then Disengage from the group of enemies before dying themselves".
This is because endurance is emphasized with the new Dragoon Stamina Costs. This, along with LunarLance and the gap closers the skill set has (and some lore) says to me "Mobile Caster Killer".
Thoughts on increasing defensive base stats of dragoons and NOT changing the 5.3 Left click damage/Stamina cost Nerfs?

Decreased stamina costs would help much more overall than increased HP.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks Roflcer, I have heard this complaint from others, and I understand that this is not what you intuitively expect the skill to do after reading the tooltip, you expect the dash to end AT the target not PAST it. Despite that:

• What about using the current implementation to juke past someone who is about to catch up to you? What about using the skill in combination with Spear or Tremor to gain superior positioning or to get out of a group of enemies after you steal some of the Cleric's mana using LunarLance?

Is DragonDash's current implementation useful? To answer this you may have to change your playstyle and experiment!
Once we determine that, we can start talking about the current implementation of the Dragoon class as a whole.

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2

While I would love to see dragoon become the mobile mage killer... I believe that at this current state even if dragoon were to get increased mr they still wouldn't be able to kill the mage. By jumping onto the mage and using just one or two more skills you will be out of stanima. Leaded to most likely death. Even by the off chance you can kill one, I think that without the use of a diamond there would be no real chance of getting away.
I think the only way to give dragoon the buff it needs is to reduce stanima costs and make dragondash more reliable

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If a Goon wants to push someone away, it's easiest to just use tremor. Would still be a waste of a skill I think.
That is how Dragondash is suppose to be. A charge with a slight knockback

RoflcerOfDaLawl

Glowstone

Just throwing out ideas here...

To go along with your concept of a "Mobile Caster Killer" is it reasonable to give Dragoon a skill similar to Yasuo's wind wall from league of legends?

The basic idea is as follows: "Using the wind around them, Dragoons conjure spell shields which negate X% damage from all incoming spells for Y amount of time".

Again, I'm merely throwing out ideas here while attempting to keep consistent with the lore of Dragoons.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Just throwing out ideas here...

To go along with your concept of a "Mobile Caster Killer" is it reasonable to give Dragoon a skill similar to Yasuo's wind wall from league of legends?

The basic idea is as follows: "Using the wind around them, Dragoons conjure spell shields which negate X% damage from all incoming spells for Y amount of time".

Again, I'm merely throwing out ideas here while attempting to keep consistent with the lore of Dragoons.
seems to much like a mage skill imo

xMJay

Portal
Dragoon needs a way to stick to people. Lowering stamina costs so it can use impale and spear while still using strike and piercing strike, and giving it a more potent slow skill should help it. And even when dragondash works as you would like and they are within spear range you then have no stamina to keep on them.

RoflcerOfDaLawl

Glowstone
Dragoon needs a way to stick to people. Lowering stamina costs so it can use impale and spear while still using strike and piercing strike, and giving it a more potent slow skill should help it. And even when dragondash works as you would like and they are within spear range you then have no stamina to keep on them.
How about a skill that gives Dragoons an X % increase in agility for a certain amount of time.

This way the skill is geared to attribute allocation rather than giving the caster a flat out speed II boost.

Last edited: