• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtrkLnk

Dirt
I find it odd that Bukkit and Curse backed out so quickly. I understand not wanting to be involved, but it makes no sense to just let this go on. This is their community, why do they make no attempts to take care of it?

I changed my external IP and the attacks have stopped. I will not update my server banner on MC forum, and I wont go back on MC forum. I know there forum has an IP checker and I would not put it beyond them to give my new IP to craftlandia if they got payed.

PtrkLnk

Dirt
Remember, a large majority of their players likely has no idea this is happening, and may be confused about our "aggression" towards them. Be the bigger men/women, and keep it civil.

from what I have seen on their forum, as soon as a thread comes up mentioning them ddosing comes up it gets deleted. There players are not aware this is happening.

Also the "as soon as a thread comes up it gets deleted" sounds familiar doesn't it. Maybe curse really is on there side.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
from what I have seen on their forum, as soon as a thread comes up mentioning them ddosing comes up it gets deleted. There players are not aware this is happening.

Also the "as soon as a thread comes up it gets deleted" sounds familiar doesn't it. Maybe curse really is on there side.
MinecraftForums has told us that they don't allow us to post threads about this because they doesn't want to get involved in two servers quarrel and start flame wars. They also said that if we believe Craftlandia is making illegal clients, it should be taken to the local government and Mojang, not MCF.

I talked with DanielleStarr privately yesterday and this is what she told me atleast.

Too bad they can't see that it isn't all about Herocraft vs. Craftlandia, all the major servers in Brazil are involved aswell.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I talked with DanielleStarr privately yesterday and this is what she told me atleast.
Kinky !!! :D, Nah back on topic. That pretty much covers the statements from Bukkit, MCF and PMC. I understand some of their point but what i don't really get is that they claim it is a personal quarrel when it is affecting more than just 2 servers. I personally don't think MCF would be "in the boat with craftlandia" as it wouldn't bide well for them if people found out they were taking bribes.

MsGigi

Legacy Supporter 8

Would you all shut up about this? Curse has made it very clear that they DO NOT want to be involved. Be it their oppinions of a "he said/she said" situation, it violating their Rules and Guidelines, they don't want to get DDoS'ed, they're afraid of legal repercussions if this DOES get out of hand with the attackers, or they simply don't care.

Whatever it may be, it's THEIR right (seeing as how they pay for it, they work hard on it, and they generally breathe it).

And from what they seem to be showing currently, I DOUBT that Curse, MCF, or Bukkit would ever think about siding with anyone who's even rumored to be involved with DDoS attacks.

For all we know, most of the staff may honestly believe or even KNOW that the people of Craftlandia are behind the DDoS attacks, but they're trying to uphold peace and civility in the forums. And despite how much proof we do have, until it is legally announced that these members of Craftlandia will be prosecuted for their deeds, it's still always going to be a "He said/She said" situation because the "hackers" of Craftlandia refuse to admit to their wrong-doings and think everyone's truly buying into their bullshit.

Most we can do is wait, try to catch the attackers through their flaws, wait for the justice system to help us, and see what happens. Some people will take other, much more drastic, measures and that's their choice. Some people will walk away from the situation, also their choice.

EDIT: I didn't mean for this to be directed at anyone specific. It just seems this topic of Curse/Bukkit/MCF closing our topics and accusations of them plotting against us being weird about it keep coming up, bringing us around in a circle and starting it all over again.

Screw Curse/MCF/Bukkit for now. They don't want to help us? Fine. Let's find other ways to raise awareness.

mukrakiish

Stone
I think one thing is certain...regardless of the outcome (legal or otherwise against Craftlandia) it will certainly be a fantastic display of fireworks...

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol, looks like everyone is jumping on the personal color train!

Lets see, what color should I pick. Oh, I like this one, yup, this'll be my color from now on. Like it?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Lmfao NOPE. I am far to lazy to recolor my posts, and I think my posts are read without being flashy XD
Besides, my avatar/sig are colorful enough, yes? Lol.

My Sig is outdated ._. But I'm soooo lazy. Meh, I'll fix it later :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Lmfao NOPE. I am far to lazy to recolor my posts, and I think my posts are read without being flashy XD
Besides, my avatar/sig are colorful enough, yes? Lol.

My Sig is outdated ._. But I'm soooo lazy. Meh, I'll fix it later :p
Need more colors.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I didn't understand a single word of this. Too early.

Two friends of mine created a Firefox add on for a gaming site we all belong to. The addon is called NAMFox, and it allows you to set your post colours automatically, so every time you post it will post in the colour. It is way too much work to highlight and click the button each time tbh =(

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Two friends of mine created a Firefox add on for a gaming site we all belong to. The addon is called NAMFox, and it allows you to set your post colours automatically, so every time you post it will post in the colour. It is way too much work to highlight and click the button each time tbh =(

Ah, understandable, that sounds like something I'd do, haah.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Ah, understandable, that sounds like something I'd do, haah.

Exactly lol, it just auto does everything, including bold if you chose to. Some people on the other site actually have it set to have their posts look like this: It is really annoying by the way to read a post that looks like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.