• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I just read that shitty blog they made and here is my reaction, The players from my server love your plugins, keep it up
NOPE.gif

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Considering how they are watching this thread, I want to take the time to post this.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
If anyone wants to pop me a signature: Amateur Loremaster, First Master Samurai (55), Balance Team Member, SiC of Newerth and General of the Xandria Dominion Army! :D

Also, more on topic, I'm still awaiting a response from Criticsquid as we speak, but nothing so far.

Graink

Portal
What's wrong with Brazil? Not every American is a hopeless dirty redneck; just like not all Brazillians are obsessed with taking down minecraft servers. There's good people everywhere!

XxTxAxZxX

Legacy Supporter 7
Im just so done with this shit..... My weed is not the same without the ol herocraft afterwards. Anyone know how long Kains "solution" is going to take? im geekin to play hah

jaif14

Obsidian
Somewhere in the barren wastelands of Canada
Excuse this for being old news and long... I put this in a nice little spoiler for you all :)

We're going to beat the "Post your picture!" thread soon...
^ Hasen't seen the Lightforge thread.
Please note, DDOS threats / etc have been deleted and will continue to be deleted.

If legal action does not work, I will wash my hands of this situation and the Minecraft community can do what they want. It's best to stay on the legal side of things.
Law has and will fail in many ways for tech and cutting edge stuff. If this was a phisical attack with the same outcome, gawd, things would be so much different. We must have a massive online protest for the Gov or law to care.

@Kainzo - Thought this might catch more peoples eyes on MCF and anywhere else people will use it as their signature. :D
Whatcha think?​
EDIT: Just noticed it looks better on a background thats not gray/black :p
-snipped the ending, to long,
'Cyber-Terrorism' is the key word here that will attract the attention of people most. Make it more visible.
Also would like to say, MCF probably just doesn't want to sift through that much flame... but they at least should keep it up and just lock it.

Also, be extra careful of what you hear, say and spread. If someone in the Herocraft community starts lying, or confirming lies, all of our credibility will be lost. As much as we hate 'immature ******s', we can't get out of control on accusations.

Also, directly insulting the opposition doesn't help juries or neutrals to like you either.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
^ Regarding this, I think cyber-terrorism is still too strong of words. The y are not trying to cause terror, as far as I can tell, and if they are, they're horrible at it.

That being said, the activity is doubtlessly illegal.

jaif14

Obsidian
^ Regarding this, I think cyber-terrorism is still too strong of words. The y are not trying to cause terror, as far as I can tell, and if they are, they're horrible at it.

I personally thing cyber-terrorism isn't a well developed word yet.

Different nations see terrorism differently too.

I believe it could be categorized as the beginning to a new DDoS era. If we go, there will defiantly be more servers terrified about the attack, and what a waste of money it will be, just to DDoS proof their services.

Edit: I think that every server in Brazil being terrified of them is sorta a terror thing too...
Edit#2: I respect what you are saying though. Cyberterrorism is just not developed enough for a solid back bone definition, so I guess this is an opinion thing.

jaif14

Obsidian
Someone could go as far as suggesting that they want it strike terror into others by taking down this massive, critical minecraft community... Maybe even suggest it has worked with the Curse sites. There are also no international laws on dominating, fascist Gaming communities. Craftlandia will get pretty far if awareness is not raised. Which reminds me...
[Video]

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

I don't know about you, but I'm fucking terrified!

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I personally thing cyber-terrorism isn't a well developed word yet.

Different nations see terrorism differently too.

I believe it could be categorized as the beginning to a new DDoS era. If we go, there will defiantly be more servers terrified about the attack, and what a waste of money it will be, just to DDoS proof their services.

Edit: I think that every server in Brazil being terrified of them is sorta a terror thing too...
Edit#2: I respect what you are saying though. Cyberterrorism is just not developed enough for a solid back bone definition, so I guess this is an opinion thing.

I can definitely tell where you are coming from. Personally, I see terrorism as a uniform term, with "cyber" referring merely to the setting.

My biggest concern is how it affects other groups that have been accused of cyber-terrorism. Some of them I personally support, and really think the term is a scare-tactic. But if motive is the only thing separating the groups I support from these Wackos... it is hard to mount a legal defense for one while the other are deemed as terrorists.

Again my take, and you're definitely right that it's a developing term. I just ask that we tread carefully. Certainly wars can be won by brute force (Medieval style) or by throwing money at the problem (look no further than the cold war), but removing ourselves from hot-headedness and undirected passion will give us a gigantic advantage.

Edit: bedding for the next few hours, I'll catch up with you lot when I get up (noon-ish? It's 3:13am now lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.