• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Cube World... = herocube.net

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Very interesting. I kind of like the idea, but like you said - it makes it very hackable =/

wollay just needs to add a account-ban... if a character is banned from a server, it locks the account from said server. Then it could be something like, if they got x bans, they'd lose access to their accounts for x days.
Of course then server owners could ban people they hate just for the heck of it, or even random server owners. Oh well, no system is perfect.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Are there any disadvantages to choosing a smaller race like Dwarf or Goblin?
If you go Ranger, I think having a smaller race would require you to aim a bit higher with Bows, unless the arrows break the laws of physics.
Edit: That would be because you shoot from a lower position, and gravity would make the arrow hit the ground earlier than with a medium-sized race.

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
Just bought my copy this morning as I was getting ready for work, anything I should know before I download and try it out this weekend?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Just bought my copy this morning as I was getting ready for work, anything I should know before I download and try it out this weekend?
Avoid big Multiplayer servers if you dont want to reach level 100 within a day.
Edit: Thought I could throw this out as an example, I made a Human Warrior specialized as a Guardian (switched from Berserker because Guardian has a better third skill IMO) and started playing Multiplayer somewhere between level 3-7.
Now I am level 290
Edit 2: Also Witches and Wizards are OP. They shoot laser beams that will wreck you in seconds.

KleenX

Iron
Game got very, very boring after a few days. Lack of pvp and my lust of pvp did not go well. That being said, it is in alpha and it is common knowledge that in its current state Cubeworld is a grindfest. Game was very fun when I was new and a low lvl but once I saw everything and was a high lvl and all my skill trees returned diminishing results I ended up wondering what was next. Looking foward to unique quests and MMO Open world pvp. Hoping Wollay can plan it out well enough so that it works.
Kainzo should add in the mod that allows larger server caps. The current max server is 127...
Edit: Also if anyone wants to lvl just go on huge 100 man servers. People clear bosses that give global xp every like 10 minutes. You can jump from 10 to 200 in a few hours. It isn't fun though so I wouldn't even recommend it. This game has so much potential. I am really hoping to see some interesting pvp.(Btw guys Watermage is extremly op. never waste your time with health pots again...)

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Game got very, very boring after a few days. Lack of pvp and my lust of pvp did not go well. That being said, it is in alpha and it is common knowledge that in its current state Cubeworld is a grindfest. Game was very fun when I was new and a low lvl but once I saw everything and was a high lvl and all my skill trees returned diminishing results I ended up wondering what was next. Looking foward to unique quests and MMO Open world pvp. Hoping Wollay can plan it out well enough so that it works.
Kainzo should add in the mod that allows larger server caps. The current max server is 127...
Edit: Also if anyone wants to lvl just go on huge 100 man servers. People clear bosses that give global xp every like 10 minutes. You can jump from 10 to 200 in a few hours. It isn't fun though so I wouldn't even recommend it. This game has so much potential. I am really hoping to see some interesting pvp.(Btw guys Watermage is extremly op. never waste your time with health pots again...)

uhm, there's no pvp at the moment xD

JacobBurkey

Portal

This isn't mc, you actually have to work to level up, do quests/missions, dungeons, trade in towns, It isn't a simple "k im gonna buy a 200% xp boost for every1 then u'll be max level in 1 hour" Yes, most of the game is a grindefest in the EARLY levels, but once you level up, get better items, you can start fighting bosses and doing dungeons to level quicker and get better items.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
This isn't mc, you actually have to work to level up, do quests/missions, dungeons, trade in towns, It isn't a simple "k im gonna buy a 200% xp boost for every1 then u'll be max level in 1 hour" Yes, most of the game is a grindefest in the EARLY levels, but once you level up, get better items, you can start fighting bosses and doing dungeons to level quicker and get better items.

Some one is salty. Its excusable since its in alpha, but it definitely has a long way to go.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Lack of pvp and my lust of pvp did not go well
PVP in a game that is currently very easily hacked and that lacks ban commands for Multiplayer would be a bad idea. But if you want to go around PVPing level 5000+ Water Mages, then thats your problem.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
If you guys want, I can host a server via hamachi, not sure if it can support alot of ppl tho :L only saying this bec the herocube server is always full with ppl we dont even know :D

You, me. We talk later about this. I may finally be back home this weekend (with extra days off).

KleenX

Iron
Wow everyone is getting so defensive...! You are acting like I didn't know these things when I thought that it was understandable that I already did.
uhm, there's no pvp at the moment xD
Yeah thats kinda what I was trying to say? I said the lack of pvp, meaning that there was no pvp which I did not enjoy. I went on to say that I know its in alpha and I am looking foward to the future updates but currently I find the game boring.
First off, it is much easier to level on Cubeworld. I can go on a 100 person server and just let people level me. I afkd for 30 minutes and went from lvl 20 to 80. Sure if you wanna level legit(which is actually the only activity that you can do other than exploring in the game) then it is difficult. But for the pure purpose of getting from level A to level B then it is not difficult with the help of large servers?
PVP in a game that is currently very easily hacked and that lacks ban commands for Multiplayer would be a bad idea. But if you want to go around PVPing level 5000+ Water Mages, then thats your problem.
This takes the cake for misunderstanding me and Wollays future plans. I am trying to say that I find the game, in its current state, boring because I mostly enjoy pvp. Are you expecting me to be so ignorant and stupid to want to pvp people who have hacked levels? PvP is being planned so how do you expect it to even be implemented? Did you know know that pvp was planned? You act like its not going to be implemented! I know the game is currently easily hackable and that is why many of us are expecting wollay to counter that by making characters serverside and etc....

Its wollays choice and I am trying to say that I am waiting for updates because the game got stale and the replay-ability was low for me. It may be different for you but after a while I got bored of spamming my mouse button on monsters in a dungeon after lvl 60-80... That, and exploring which is like a one time activity because all the lands with the same biome are the same...