• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Casters] The Uber Nerf: Rethink?

Casters - Are they equally powered?

• Total voters

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
As some people who currently play Herocraft know, the Caster class has experienced some additive components onto skills. Some of these skills have been modified to be balanced out. However, the additional addons have affected the Caster Specs quite substantially; making them really powerful or extremely weak.

Before I go onto the casters in general, I would like to set a suggestion/complaint to the following skills:

Drainsoul: There has been several changes to this skill. The first initial damage of this skill was 10hp and the healing points were 5hp. Then a few patches later, it was escalated to inflicting 17hp and healing 8hp. Now, the recent update has reverted the damage back to it's original state. I would like to ask, why and how this was necessary.

Bolt and Megabolt: These skills are very strong, but are limited due to their cooldowns. The recent update has made these skills require the use of Gunpowder. Honestly, high melee DPS classes can deal that many damage in under 5 seconds without cooldown nor reagant (with the exception of needing the sword). Once again, why was this a good idea?

DoT's (Decay, Soulleech, Plague): These DoT's somewhat stand out very well in the community of Herocraft. They are quite strong if used at the right time and on the right person. However, from a large decrease in damage per ticks, this change has affected the Necromancer and DK a lot. Seeing as that Decay is doing 1hp per second, Plague doing .76 hp per second and Soulleech doing 0.5 per second; seems like blasphemy to me. You know the deal, Why?

Okay, my primary point:

Casters:

Casters had been very OP at the start, especially the Geomancer and the Wizard. They were toned down a few weeks after they were recognised by the community they were OP. The change in fireball had affected Casters in general and it seemed reasonable why they were nerfed. After this, the popularity of the Caster slightly decreased because the WARRIOR class became a hit due to many players somewhat reigning through the specs. NOW, casters have experienced a set of additive changes that have affected them quite a lot. Fireball now does 10hp, 2hp/tick out of 4 and requires you to 'aim and hope for the best'. Health-leeching moves have also been nerfed (with the exception of Mortal Wound, which is extremely odd). Now, the demand of reagants needed for skills (especially Necromancer; needing String, Zombie Flesh and Spider Eye | Wizard; needing Gunpowder, Bone/Cookie, large quantity of Redstone and Book) is affecting the casters quite a lot.

In conclusion, I would to like to find out why these changes happened and I would like to suggest an adjustment to the skills for Casters in general.

My opinion might be biased, but hopefully you understand my reasoning. Opinions would be grand! I'd like to know as much from the community.

Thanks,
| AzenYumCha |

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
As some people who currently play Herocraft know, the Caster class has experienced some additive components onto skills. Some of these skills have been modified to be balanced out. However, the additional addons have affected the Caster Specs quite substantially; making them really powerful or extremely weak.

Before I go onto the casters in general, I would like to set a suggestion/complaint to the following skills:

Drainsoul: There has been several changes to this skill. The first initial damage of this skill was 10hp and the healing points were 5hp. Then a few patches later, it was escalated to inflicting 17hp and healing 8hp. Now, the recent update has reverted the damage back to it's original state. I would like to ask, why and how this was necessary.

Bolt and Megabolt: These skills are very strong, but are limited due to their cooldowns. The recent update has made these skills require the use of Gunpowder. Honestly, high melee DPS classes can deal that many damage in under 5 seconds without cooldown nor reagant (with the exception of needing the sword). Once again, why was this a good idea?

DoT's (Decay, Soulleech, Plague): These DoT's somewhat stand out very well in the community of Herocraft. They are quite strong if used at the right time and on the right person. However, from a large decrease in damage per ticks, this change has affected the Necromancer and DK a lot. Seeing as that Decay is doing 1hp per second, Plague doing .76 hp per second and Soulleech doing 0.5 per second; seems like blasphemy to me. You know the deal, Why?
Okay, my primary point:

Drainsoul is a targeted (no aim) ability that puts a 15 health advantage in your favor on a minimal cooldown from a range. Seems fine to me.

Bolt/Megabolt do tons of damage from a range and were one of the reasons wizards could just pop from a GY and shit on a town. Needed a reagent imo and gunpowder isn't that hard to find.

DoT's like plague were doing insane damage. At one point you did like 6 hearts to me with one plague when we were raiding azen, how is that fair?

Warriors are still the strongest, but thatll change with time. For now casters are still fine imo.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
From the perspective of a mastered Wizard, I've been a Wizard from the start of the map - and I can honestly say that I've had no problem with the addition of reagents or changes to the cool-down times.
While reagents may be seen as a problem for some, in some ways it is more realistic, as in terms of RPG, a reagent is almost always used in the conjuring of magic, and to be perfectly honest, the reagents aren't too hard to get hold of either for a Wizard, likewise with Necromancers and other caster specs.
Some may argue against this and this is merely an opinionated response on my behalf!

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
My problem "was" It got switched to redstone (bolt,megabolt,blink).. i went out on mass destruction and rage to kill someone with 10 million redstone, and find out it got changed again.. to sulphur for megabolt and bolt. Dam this confusion! Lucky chickens got to survive a lightning strike another day. But I do miss freely being able to bolt poor animals. However if it doesn't get changed again.. ill be able to live with it. Thought i'd share.. lol

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We can't mass give out redstone in mob arena due to people recalling out, etc.
Sulphur makes complete RPG sense for a bolt style skill.

The damage of drainsoul has not been changed in the last few weeks/months - not sure where you are pulling this...

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly from what i have played, healer specs are good (save OP bloodmage ;) ) but warriors do just as much dmg as rogues with 2ce the tankyness. Casters are kinda meh.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
What I don't understand is the nerf to Necromancer. Sure they do a lot of damage, but that is incredibly delayed damage that they can't increase the rate of the DoTs. Ranger can do much more damage and a lot more quickly, even before the nerf. It doesn't help that Necromancers have just lost two of their skills due to a simple AI problem, and they get less skills than many of the other specs.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What I don't understand is the nerf to Necromancer. Sure they do a lot of damage, but that is incredibly delayed damage that they can't increase the rate of the DoTs. Ranger can do much more damage and a lot more quickly, even before the nerf. It doesn't help that Necromancers have just lost two of their skills due to a simple AI problem, and they get less skills than many of the other specs.
Let me fill you in on how many skills vs other classes necromancers have.

NECROMANCER: 11 (Drainsoul / Scan / Becomedeath / Telekinesis / Battery / Poison / Web / Decay / Hellgate / Despair / Plague)
WIZARD: 12
GEOMANCER: 13
BEGUILER: 12
DREADKNIGHT: 11
NINJA: 11
DRAGOON: 11
CLERIC: 12

I can keep going. These do not include level 60 skills either.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
I admit my mistake then when it comes to their number of skills in relation to the other classes.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Let me fill you in on how many skills vs other classes necromancers have.

NECROMANCER: 11 (Drainsoul / Scan / Becomedeath / Telekinesis / Battery / Poison / Web / Decay / Hellgate / Despair / Plague)
WIZARD: 12
GEOMANCER: 13
BEGUILER: 12
DREADKNIGHT: 11
NINJA: 11
DRAGOON: 11
CLERIC: 12

I can keep going. These do not include level 60 skills either.

I agree that they have the same amount of skills :D, however 2 or 3 of skills for casters are well...to say the least completely useless. Scan etc.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I think Wizards are pretty nerfed and easy to kill, if you can't kill one, you suck, sorry to say. :I

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Necromancer seem like the strongest caster spec to me right now and that should not be right at all.

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't know much about casters... they aren't really a bother to me as a ninja, and I don't pay much attention to them as a class, really.

However, I have noticed that since the beginning of the map, Geomancer went from being really popular and powerful to something I don't hear anything about anymore.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I have noticed that since the beginning of the map, Geomancer went from being really popular and powerful to something I don't hear anything about anymore.

This doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad, people just lost interest in them because they got pretty heavily nerfed.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Wizards? Haha! Wizard is a fun class but it is really easy to kill, I mean they have about 79 MAX hp and cooldowns are all at least 4 seconds, I never liked the nerf on wizards, really, no wizard did, every wizard I knew did not enjoy it and all were planning on switching because of it, including me.